Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 12:34 PM
Default I'm looking for tf version of this top

I'm sure tf version of this one somewhere, but can't find it anywhere. Please help me :D
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#2 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 1:39 PM
Afraid there's no TF version yet, ts3casconversioncatalog would have linked it if there's any..
Btw here's a similar looking top:
https://simplexsims.blogspot.com/20...top-for-tf.html

Looking for something converted to TS3? Visit Xto3 Conversions Finds for all your xto3 needs.
Main simblr: aisquaredchoco ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My downloaded cc: ts3ccreblogsbyaisquared
Buy-build defaults database
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 9th Jan 2022 at 3:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by aisquared
Afraid there's no TF version yet, ts3casconversioncatalog would have linked it if there's any..
Btw here's a similar looking top:
https://simplexsims.blogspot.com/20...top-for-tf.html

What a shame...ㅜㅜ Is it easy to convert AF version to TF one???????
Inventor
#4 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 12:45 AM Last edited by marydehoyos : 10th Jan 2022 at 12:35 PM.
This is the easiest way to convert to teen females. I found this tutorial and it works well only from Adult Females to teen females.
1. Open TSR and find the top
2. Export it to a sims 3 pack
3. Import the pack back into tsr (the one you exported)
4. Very Important Step - In the Description fields change the name to Teen Female (whatever shirt you are converting) this is important so it gives it a new Casp Instance
5. After it loads go to the Age Categories unclick Adult. When it asks if you want to load to new gender (sorry not exact) click NO
6. Unclick Young Adult and Click Teen this time when it asks if you want to load Click Yes
make any other changes you want.
7. Export to sims3pack and convert or load into game.
I have been doing this for years and it works. If you need help please feel free to let me know.

I created a quick tutorial for this process with some screen shots http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2921617/
Alchemist
#5 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 2:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
This is the easiest way to convert to teen females. I found this tutorial and it works well only from Adult Females to teen females.
1. Open TSR and find the top
2. Export it to a sims 3 pack
3. Import the pack back into tsr (the one you exported)
4. Very Important Step - In the Description fields change the name to Teen Female (whatever shirt you are converting) this is important so it gives it a new Casp Instance
5. After it loads go to the Age Categories unclick Adult. When it asks if you want to load to new gender (sorry not exact) click NO
6. Unclick Young Adult and Click Teen this time when it asks if you want to load Click Yes
make any other changes you want.
7. Export to sims3pack and convert or load into game.
I have been doing this for years and it works. If you need help please feel free to let me know.

I created a quick tutorial for this process with some screen shots http://www.simfileshare.net/download/2921617/

But does this account for the teen body shape and neck/waist gaps?

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Inventor
#6 Old 10th Jan 2022 at 4:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
But does this account for the teen body shape and neck/waist gaps?

So for some reason it doesn't seem to happen when you do this process from AF to Teen Female.
Go ahead and give it a try. I want to say I found this tutorial at Grusims
It seems to update the body when you do the switch from AF to Teen.
It might not be perfect but it's a pretty easy way to convert if you don't know how to work with milkshape and so on.
Alchemist
#7 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 12:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by marydehoyos
So for some reason it doesn't seem to happen when you do this process from AF to Teen Female.
Go ahead and give it a try. I want to say I found this tutorial at Grusims
It seems to update the body when you do the switch from AF to Teen.
It might not be perfect but it's a pretty easy way to convert if you don't know how to work with milkshape and so on.

Huh. I just tried it out and interestingly, it does work, but there are still gaps and mismatched normals at the seams, and the body shape is of the adult sim.
However, morphs seem to work but they can result in neck gaps on fat sims and ankle gaps on any kind of sim.
But yes, they could be useful as a quick conversion tool if you can overlook the downsides. I guess one way of eliminating the ankle gap problem is enabling adult footwear for teens.

Screenshots

Tumblr - more downloads! ◾ CC reuploads / creator backupsTS3 CAS Conversion Catalog - for basegame, EP, SP, and Store clothing!
Inventor
#8 Old 11th Jan 2022 at 1:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sweetdevil
Huh. I just tried it out and interestingly, it does work, but there are still gaps and mismatched normals at the seams, and the body shape is of the adult sim.
However, morphs seem to work but they can result in neck gaps on fat sims and ankle gaps on any kind of sim.
But yes, they could be useful as a quick conversion tool if you can overlook the downsides. I guess one way of eliminating the ankle gap problem is enabling adult footwear for teens.

Yes it was just a quick way without having to use Milkshape. I find it works best with an older version of tsrw. I have been messing with it for years and I lose my patience trying to align seams. I have a project sitting out in no mans land because I can't get the seams just right.