Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Stuff Breaks Far Less Easily

by ~MadameButterfly~ Posted 20th Sep 2014 at 1:52 AM - Updated 10th Nov 2016 at 1:05 AM by maybesomethingdunno

166 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 60 Feedback Posts, 105 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:07 AM
Been waiting for this, thanks so much!
Field Researcher
#52 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 2:26 AM Last edited by Jill : 22nd Sep 2014 at 2:38 AM.
I love this idea! I installed the "MB Stuff Breaks Far Less Easily - 30 Percent" file and in the 3 hours I played yesterday my game crashed 5 times. I tried again today and my game crashed 4 times as soon as I loaded it each time before I had to take the mod out. My game has been running fine now for two hours since deleting the 30 percent mod.

Oh, but my stuff was breaking less.
Test Subject
#53 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:33 AM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
This mod only touches the breakage files.

Hrm, I see. I tried testing spam-using the same objects with the mod removed a short while ago, but failed to reproduce any sort of higher rate of occurrence of items becoming dirty, so I suppose I simply imagined that they had a higher rate than they actually do. Anyhow, that at least means I can continue using the mod, which is great. Thank you for responding to my question, by the way; much appreciated.
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 1:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Jill
I love this idea! I installed the "MB Stuff Breaks Far Less Easily - 30 Percent" file and in the 3 hours I played yesterday my game crashed 5 times. I tried again today and my game crashed 4 times as soon as I loaded it each time before I had to take the mod out. My game has been running fine now for two hours since deleting the 30 percent mod.

I have had a few mods crash my computer. I have been adding mods one by one, and dating them just in case. Most of the time, I have found out that I erred by unzipping a package of files that needs to stay together. I will try this out, and see if it crashes my game.

Any world created is a world alive. Nurture your creation as you would a child, then share it with others, and enrich this world we humans call Planet Earth.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 22nd Sep 2014 at 5:42 PM
Ha ha . Love the description, its so true!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#56 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:24 AM
Thank you ,this breaking all the time was really annoying!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 12:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ~MadameButterfly~
Yes, to your question just above this post. I am trying to get Stereo objects to work, but it is harder because they didn't include breakage files for them for me to edit. I have not given up hope, however. I am still going through the files, to see if I can get around this some how.

Thank you for taking an active interest in this endeavor. Any chance to release an unbreakable objects mod in the near/distant future?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#58 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 4:16 PM
And a double thanks for the setting up the resource file picture!
Test Subject
#59 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 5:22 PM
I'm having trouble getting it to 'see' your mods. I tried following your instructions on the first page-including adding the text to that resource file but each time I start the game it recreates a new 'resource' file so I end up with two, and its not seeing them in game-where it shows other scripted mods ok. Which program do I use to add that text? Any ideas on what im doing wrong?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 23rd Sep 2014 at 10:57 PM
THANK YOU!!!!

Seriously, I was going nuts from all of the electronics/plumbing in the house breaking every time someone used them. This makes things less frustrating. :')
Lab Assistant
#61 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jill

You have to think, 30% chance to break every time the game runs a check is pretty high if the number of checks ran is equivalent to 1 check per in-game hour. The 30% chance to hit will occur quite often.
Test Subject
#62 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:24 PM
I really wish I could use this mod, as the constant breaking of stuff is REALLY annoying. However, it makes my game crash. Not had any other issues before I installed it or after I removed it, but it made my game crash about 10 times in a row, about 3-4 minutes into the game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 12:25 PM
Awesome! Things just break too easy and I was going bankrupt with all the costs.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#64 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Awarathe
I really wish I could use this mod, as the constant breaking of stuff is REALLY annoying. However, it makes my game crash. Not had any other issues before I installed it or after I removed it, but it made my game crash about 10 times in a row, about 3-4 minutes into the game.

Did you unzip it? This is one that needs to be unzipped.

♥ }i{ Monarch of the Receptacle Refugees }i{ ♥
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#65 Old 24th Sep 2014 at 4:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sparklingblackrose
I'm having trouble getting it to 'see' your mods. I tried following your instructions on the first page-including adding the text to that resource file but each time I start the game it recreates a new 'resource' file so I end up with two, and its not seeing them in game-where it shows other scripted mods ok. Which program do I use to add that text? Any ideas on what im doing wrong?

Please see the photo reference. I used another mod to illustrate, but the principle is the same.

Test Subject
#66 Old 27th Sep 2014 at 2:56 PM
Why do i have to make the empty folder and the cfg? Why its not already in the package. Urgh....
Lab Assistant
#67 Old 28th Sep 2014 at 9:59 AM
not sure if your mod is the reason for this, but i installed it, then played the game and got one of my sims to fix a fridge that was already broken and then it disappeared, have fixed the coffee maker since and that is ok so not sure, but thanks anyway as this will be handy
Test Subject
#68 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 6:25 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Retro Edge
Why do i have to make the empty folder and the cfg? Why its not already in the package. Urgh....

Blame EA; they're the ones that created that inane requirement.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#69 Old 29th Sep 2014 at 5:35 PM
Thank you so much. I you can add the computers and stereos too it will be wonderful.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#70 Old 2nd Oct 2014 at 5:27 PM
Great mod Madame! This saves so much time and just makes sense.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 9:37 AM
gr8 stuff
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#72 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 11:47 AM
Could I just have it confirmed, that we now no longer need to make an empty folder named "unpackedmod" in /Mods and also add the text "DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate" to the resource.cfg, seems the new patch has changed this?
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#73 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 1:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Summer25
Could I just have it confirmed, that we now no longer need to make an empty folder named "unpackedmod" in /Mods and also add the text "DirectoryFiles unpackedmod autoupdate" to the resource.cfg, seems the new patch has changed this?

This is correct!

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#74 Old 3rd Oct 2014 at 6:00 PM
This is good news, thank you for confirming this.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#75 Old 4th Oct 2014 at 11:56 PM
Thank you!
Page 3 of 7