Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Updated Sept 1, 2008 - Stair Mod to Allow Puppies Kitten and Toddler to use Them - Requested

by rebecah Posted 1st May 2008 at 1:03 AM - Updated 29th Oct 2008 at 5:48 PM by rebecah : Added Spiral Stair Mod for Apartments EP

121 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 112 Feedback Posts, 8 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 5
Forum Resident
#51 Old 6th May 2008 at 3:36 PM
Finally I tested this mod in my game and for me it's a great option. Thank you for sharing, Rebecca!
hexameter
Test Subject
#52 Old 7th May 2008 at 2:08 AM
Thanks so much! I had a family with a puppy but the house had a foundation so the puppy couldn't get in so we had to put the bowl outside and a stray ate out of it all the time. This will fix that.

Yay evil orange!
(())Pass the ribon around if you know someone who
//\\has died, survived, or is living with cancer
Lab Assistant
#53 Old 7th May 2008 at 1:59 PM
Do these mods conflict with inteen.. As I have been getting a jump bug while lying on bed after I installed them..
Scholar
Original Poster
#54 Old 7th May 2008 at 6:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by liverbird
Do these mods conflict with inteen.. As I have been getting a jump bug while lying on bed after I installed them..

I ran the hack conflict and did not find any conflicts. If you have free time but sure you installed the bed portion under overrides.
Test Subject
#55 Old 8th May 2008 at 8:40 PM
Thanks, this is what I've been waiting for.....
Scholar
#56 Old 10th May 2008 at 12:29 AM
OOhhh! Hooray! I Like This One Better!!! Awesome, Now All My Pets Can Have Free Run of The House! ThankYou Very Much!

Hello, I'm Tiya Marie :)
I Hope You Dance!
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 10th May 2008 at 3:41 AM
Oh Gosh. This is *THE* answer to those annoying kittens and puppies whining when they get caught at the stairs. THANK YOU!

~*~Jekka~*~
Under Educated, Over Caffeinated
Field Researcher
#58 Old 11th May 2008 at 12:40 AM
Quote: Originally posted by katiebobatie
I'd also love to see a puppies/kittens only version of this mod, I don't particularly want my toddlers using the stairs

great mod though regardless

I either third or fourth this request, not sure how many there are at this point LOL. Thank you so much for this though!
Test Subject
#59 Old 12th May 2008 at 3:58 PM
It took me a while to figure out how to post a thanks message instead of just hitting the button, lol. I wanted to say that I probably wouldn't be playing the game if it wasn't for your creations. I ALWAYS play with toddlers, and usually pets, and I became so frustrated with the "toddler stairs issues" that I stopped playing for a while. With a severe back injury trying to heal and not being able to do anything, playing the game gets me through yet another day, so I became very depressed not playing. Then I check your profile, and find this. You are amazing and so generous to share these things. You have totally made my day, and helped me get through this hard time, even if that sounds silly, it's so true. Sorry this is so long, I just wanted you to understand that the things you make and share do more for me right now then just enhance game-play, they enhance my quality of life. Thank you so very, very much...
Test Subject
#60 Old 12th May 2008 at 6:32 PM
Of course, I also just love this! My tots can go up and down, whether or not they have learned to walk. Most awesome!

TWO QUESTIONS: I have installed the updated version of Marvine's fully animated spiral stairs, and the tots still can go up and down, but they do so in a straight direction moving through the floor. Also, walking tots race up and down the steps while crawling tots move at a normal pace.

Q: Is there a chance for an additional future update to add the same custom (spiral) animation so the tots don't walk through the floors?

Q: Is the walking tot vs. the crawling tot animation supposed to be two different speeds? Just wondered. Thanks!
Scholar
Original Poster
#61 Old 12th May 2008 at 7:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by traciputnam

Q: Is there a chance for an additional future update to add the same custom (spiral) animation so the tots don't walk through the floors?

Q: Is the walking tot vs. the crawling tot animation supposed to be two different speeds? Just wondered. Thanks!

I'm afraid Marvin would have to add the animations to his steps for this to work, I'll take a look at it to see if there's a way to work around this if he isn't interested in adding the option.

The walking speed is actually dependent on the Sims personality.
Lab Assistant
#62 Old 13th May 2008 at 6:00 PM
this is so great.. I've wanted this for sooo long.. can't thank you enough... you have made my day.
Forum Resident
#63 Old 16th May 2008 at 1:48 PM
It's always annoyed me that the Toddlers couldn't crawl up/downstairs (like I used to!), likewise kittens & puppies - so many thanks for this great little mod, very useful indeed!...

To all, of the very talented MTS-2 creative types - my sincere thanks for taking the time to create/upload/share...
Lab Assistant
#64 Old 24th May 2008 at 7:08 AM
I d/l this a few hours ago and went into the game.
All of a sudden I didn't see the toddler, she was
upstairs in her bed! She has no problem getting all
around the house.

This works wonderfully!
BugMeNot.com
#65 Old 27th May 2008 at 1:28 PM
This mod is made of Epic Win!

A WinRAR is you!!!

Quote: Originally posted by rebecah
I really don't know why EA left these options out...

For the sake of clarity, does this mean that EA intentionally scrapped out a useful code that was already put into the game by it's developers just to give it's customers more headaches & misery? If so EA is made of even more Epic Fail than I thought!
Scholar
Original Poster
#66 Old 27th May 2008 at 7:14 PM
No it just means they didn't include the option for Toddler to use the stairs.
Scholar
Original Poster
#67 Old 27th May 2008 at 7:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nessabear80
It took me a while to figure out how to post a thanks message instead of just hitting the button, lol. I wanted to say that I probably wouldn't be playing the game if it wasn't for your creations. I ALWAYS play with toddlers, and usually pets, and I became so frustrated with the "toddler stairs issues" that I stopped playing for a while. With a severe back injury trying to heal and not being able to do anything, playing the game gets me through yet another day, so I became very depressed not playing. Then I check your profile, and find this. You are amazing and so generous to share these things. You have totally made my day, and helped me get through this hard time, even if that sounds silly, it's so true. Sorry this is so long, I just wanted you to understand that the things you make and share do more for me right now then just enhance game-play, they enhance my quality of life. Thank you so very, very much...

Wow, thanks so much for sharing this...it made my day! I sure hope you will be feeling better very soon.
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 10th Jun 2008 at 7:30 AM
Wow, thanks so much for this! I once had to put a litter box in the middle of the living room because the kitten couldn't go up the stairs to use the one I'd already put on the second floor. Poor little guy kept meowing sadly and I couldn't figure out why! Well, now I won't have to worry about that!

"Those who restrain desire, do so because theirs is weak enough to be restrained."~William
Field Researcher
#69 Old 15th Jun 2008 at 7:20 AM
This is a very cool mod (like I said in my previous post) but if I understand correctly it will not check that toddlers know how to walk like your "Toddler Only" version, right?

Darn- looks like I'll have to choose between this & your original mod! (Crawling toddlers getting into everything is not something I enjoy in RL or my game! )

-ZW

**** Leader of the MoonBats! ****
Test Subject
#70 Old 25th Jun 2008 at 6:53 AM
THANK YOU! I hate having to pick up those stupid puppies to take them up the stairs. Same with toddlers.

This is so useful! I love you!
Field Researcher
#71 Old 29th Jun 2008 at 5:48 PM
Hi,
My toddlers can use the stairs, but now I cannot tell them to "Crawl Here" or "Go Here" at all. I found that I could tell a todler to "Hunt Bugs" with freetime outside, but they would not do the interaction.
Scholar
Original Poster
#72 Old 30th Jun 2008 at 1:49 AM Last edited by rebecah : 30th Jun 2008 at 2:03 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Modder
Hi,
My toddlers can use the stairs, but now I cannot tell them to "Crawl Here" or "Go Here" at all. I found that I could tell a todler to "Hunt Bugs" with freetime outside, but they would not do the interaction.

Are you using Insimenator? I found he missed some options in the destination portion of it. I haven't had a chance to tell him about it though.

Just so you know my mod doesn't control the destination options, and doesn't conflict with Insimenator. He didn't tick the go here option for toddler and a few others options but I can't remember all that are missing.

If you know how to use SimPE you can fix the destination pie group#0x7F1F956A

I'm reasonably sure that toddler aren't suppose to have the option to look for bugs, So you'd want to untick that option.
Screenshots
Test Subject
#73 Old 3rd Jul 2008 at 3:59 AM
For some strange reason, I can click on, but cannot seem to save your downloads tonight. I have been downloading on MTS2 all evening until I tried to download your items. None of them are working. I'll keep trying

(\ /)
( . .)
c('')('')
We can't control the waves, but we can learn to surf!
Test Subject
#74 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 1:21 AM
So, this question has already been asked two times, but not answered. As I'd be quite interested in an answer too, I'll repeat it once more. ;-)
The pets-mod doesn't check the toddlers if they're able to walk, does it? Just to be sure, cause I wouldn't want still crawling toddlers running up and down the stairs suddenly. *g*
Apart from that, I absolutely love these two mods, have been looking for something similar for ages!
Scholar
Original Poster
#75 Old 24th Jul 2008 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Narya86
So, this question has already been asked two times, but not answered. As I'd be quite interested in an answer too, I'll repeat it once more. ;-)
The pets-mod doesn't check the toddlers if they're able to walk, does it? Just to be sure, cause I wouldn't want still crawling toddlers running up and down the stairs suddenly. *g*
Apart from that, I absolutely love these two mods, have been looking for something similar for ages!

No it does not check for this I did that with the toddler mod and it made it to confusing to people.
Page 3 of 5