Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Hogwarts Memories - The Castle

by pegasaus Posted 28th Feb 2009 at 8:47 PM - Updated 29th Aug 2010 at 6:53 PM by pegasaus

58 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 47 Feedback Posts, 10 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 3
Test Subject
#26 Old 6th Jul 2009 at 8:02 AM
thanks i installed it and made it a community its amazing thanks.
Test Subject
#27 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 1:09 AM
A small technical issue
First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful creation! I especially loved the bridges and the moving stairs, and the divinations class...and the underground chambers and the river...actually everything!
Now, I have a little difficulty and I'm not sure if it's just my pc or if there is any way to help it - I can't build walls inside the casle - I can erase them but can not build them back.
So is there some limitation or something, or is it my pc?
Thanks
Scholar
Original Poster
#28 Old 14th Aug 2009 at 9:20 AM
Quote: Originally posted by girlyanda
First of all, thank you very much for this wonderful creation! I especially loved the bridges and the moving stairs, and the divinations class...and the underground chambers and the river...actually everything!
Now, I have a little difficulty and I'm not sure if it's just my pc or if there is any way to help it - I can't build walls inside the casle - I can erase them but can not build them back.
So is there some limitation or something, or is it my pc?
Thanks

Yes,there is limitation.Maxis made segment of 2000 walls per lot.That way,when you build large buildings,like Hogwarts,you won't be able to use walls anymore.Many Hogwarts castles have that problem here at mts.
I wanted to make Hogwarts as best as I can,so I reached the wall limit.
Sorry,and thanks for wonderfull words!
Test Subject
#29 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 8:27 AM
Quote: Originally posted by pegasaus
First extract this file to your downloads.Then in downloads folder you need to install it,just click two times on icon.Then in neighbourhood view,look in lot/houses bin and I'm sure that you will find Hogwarts.
Hey pegasaus i do ll sorts of this right but i do this download,go to downloads put m in collections on sims2 folder thn double click download all of tha there an on the sims2 but nuthing is there please help i relly like the stuff u an 1ove do thre breathtaking
Scholar
Original Poster
#30 Old 22nd Sep 2009 at 1:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Nutter4life
Hey pegasaus i do ll sorts of this right but i do this download,go to downloads put m in collections on sims2 folder thn double click download all of tha there an on the sims2 but nuthing is there please help i relly like the stuff u an 1ove do thre breathtaking

If you use custom content first time,or you installated game again,you need to make folder with name 'Downloads' in My Computer/Local Disk C:/Documents and Settings/Your username/My Documents/Ea Games/Sims 2.
You need to name it excatly 'Downloads',then download things from sites and extract them in downloads folder.
Hope this helps
Test Subject
#31 Old 5th Oct 2009 at 7:37 PM
This is awesome truly amazing *goes to download*
Test Subject
#32 Old 8th Oct 2009 at 1:38 AM
Its Amazing =0)
Test Subject
#33 Old 12th Oct 2009 at 4:30 PM
Hi, i have a problem
i have put the download files in the map, who is called 'Downloads', and then i'm trying to install it, and my computer can't find the right program to install it whit, please help me
hop you understand my problem
Scholar
Original Poster
#34 Old 13th Oct 2009 at 8:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by coola--diver
Hi, i have a problem
i have put the download files in the map, who is called 'Downloads', and then i'm trying to install it, and my computer can't find the right program to install it whit, please help me
hop you understand my problem

You need to right click on icon and chose 'open with...bodyshop'.Then it will ask you to install it,and you click accept.
Test Subject
#35 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 3:25 PM
Hi, I'm new here and I want to know how you made the pointed roof on your Hogwarts castle (without any Add On).
By the way you did a great job
Scholar
Original Poster
#36 Old 23rd Oct 2009 at 7:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by miss magic
Hi, I'm new here and I want to know how you made the pointed roof on your Hogwarts castle (without any Add On).
By the way you did a great job

Well I made it with cheat 'boolprop constrainfloorelevation false'.It will allow you to make curved bridges,crazy roofs,unusual walls...just type it in :google: and search for more information.
Test Subject
#37 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 4:27 PM
Good job your making my dreams come true A hogwarts that isn't to big for my computer

Also do I have to say pine fresh to get into the prefects bathroom?

The Names Malfoy , Draco Malfoy.
Scholar
Original Poster
#38 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 12:00 PM
Quote: Originally posted by yodalover1234
Good job your making my dreams come true A hogwarts that isn't to big for my computer

Also do I have to say pine fresh to get into the prefects bathroom?

I'm glad to fulfill someone's dream!And I think that you won't need to say it,but our sims will say it in simlish

The end of magical Pegasaus's era through the world of sims
Test Subject
#39 Old 18th May 2010 at 1:29 PM
Wooooooooow
Test Subject
#40 Old 19th May 2010 at 9:44 PM
I have a problem... I have done what i was supposed to do, i downloaded to downloads folder in my documents/ea games/ sims 2(u know what i mean) And i installed it using body shop, and it still won't appear, do i need to already have a house in house bin?
Scholar
Original Poster
#41 Old 20th May 2010 at 1:40 PM
bryce_liddell20911 - It happens sometimes. You should install it again and enter the game several times before it appears. And when you extract it to downloads folder, you can also install it with Clean Installer. If it doesn't appear, than it must be a problem with your game.

Test Subject
#42 Old 21st Jun 2010 at 3:11 AM
Thank you so much, I'm glad you made it available for the base game! This will be the center of my whole Harry Potter world I have in mind.
Test Subject
#43 Old 25th Jul 2010 at 11:55 PM
Oh my god- this is amazing. I would've thought such a rendition of Hogwarts to be impossible- it's virtually flawless (I would've used a different stair case) and requires only the base game. I cried when I found this. And I haven't even messed with Harry Potter Sims in years. This makes me want to abandon my efforts on my X-Men Sims. How did you even make this?

Winners never quit, and quiters never win.

Those who never win and never quit are idiots.
Scholar
Original Poster
#44 Old 26th Jul 2010 at 7:07 PM
SaoirseFire - thanks for nice words
Well I have put a lot of time and work in it, but above all, love for HP and sims

Test Subject
#45 Old 27th Aug 2010 at 8:04 AM
I need medeval like castle for my assassins creed themed neighbourhood to be the guild, this MIGHT do
Scholar
THANKS POST
Original Poster
#46 Old 7th Jan 2011 at 8:39 PM
X Kiro X - it would me my pleasure if you are going to use it
(sorry for my late respond)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:05 AM
Oh my goodness FINALLY a hogwarts castle that looks good AND is functional for my in-game use. I have had so much trouble with the different castles but this one looks like it's going to work! thank you so much!!!!
Test Subject
#48 Old 20th Jun 2011 at 4:53 AM
Pegasus, i need your help please. I am still so happy with the castle but there is one strange problem. the basement is flooded! I don't know how to get rid of the water. All the furniture you put there is underwater and i can't use it or Snape will drown. lol. Please help! I tried using boolProp lotWater false but it doesn't do anything. When i try to delete the water, it just makes the ground go down (after i remove the floor tiles). is there another way to fix it? please help, this castle is so perfect. i hope i can use it!
Test Subject
#49 Old 1st Aug 2011 at 5:45 PM
I can't seem to find it on my game anywhere, a little help please?
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 5th Aug 2011 at 6:12 PM
The Potions room, Hufflepuffs common room, Slytherin common room and a few passage ways are flooded!!! how do I get rid of the water?!?!?!
Page 2 of 3