Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Add More Traits to Your Sims! (GEN Compatible)

by Rainbow_Brite Posted 6th Jul 2010 at 10:05 PM - Updated 15th Jul 2011 at 12:56 AM by Rainbow_Brite

251 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 187 Feedback Posts, 63 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 11
Banned
#51 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 7:16 AM
FINALLY! You kick a** dude :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#52 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 8:04 AM
Haha Thanks :lovestruc
Test Subject
#53 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 5:47 PM
Unfortunatley. Re super computer... has been made obsolete by Patch 1.14 and will no longer be updated
Field Researcher
#54 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 7:20 PM Last edited by crazzyferret : 9th Jul 2010 at 7:33 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PapaC
Unfortunatley. Re super computer... has been made obsolete by Patch 1.14 and will no longer be updated

good thing i didn't down load the patch then.

maybe someone will take up the super computer mod?

so Rainbow_Brite,
what happens to this mod then, if you have to have the,
super computer to run it?
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#55 Old 9th Jul 2010 at 9:05 PM Last edited by Rainbow_Brite : 9th Jul 2010 at 11:13 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by PapaC

Please DO NOT post inaccurate or false information! I, personally, cannot remove this comment BUT SuperComputer is updated almost daily. As soon as a bug or something is reported, Twallan fixes it. The SC mod came out with a new update yesterday, as it always does. Twallan already updated all of his mods to run with the most current patch so just go back to the site and re-download the new version. Keep up on his updates if you use the SC or his Story Progression as a lot of updates and changes are made.

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4091.0
Test Subject
#56 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 12:03 PM
I know this might sound stupid, but.. Where is The master controler? Does it need some kind of cheat code to appear? And when it starts working? Thank you for your patience
Test Subject
#57 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 12:06 PM
Or maby master controller doesn't appear becouse my sims 3 version is 4.0.87?
Lab Assistant
#58 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 1:59 PM
rainbow, in the mod overview, the link you have to the Super Computer is: http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=3482.0
if you click it, the first line reads "This version has been made obsolete by Patch 1.14 and will no longer be updated."

you should update the link in the mod overview to point to the new version so some people wont think it been canceled :P

ty for the upload, i've been wanting more traits for a while now.
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 4:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Rainbow_Brite
If you are running Ambitions.. then you will have a different mod framework setup. Your mods will actually run from MyDocuments. If you are running anything up to HELS.. then you need to have the proper framework set up throughout your files. I have written two tutorials for both of these situations You can find them here:
If you are running Ambitions:http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=1398.0 (this is also for AM.. since AM is a core mod.. but just so you know, the Super Computer is NOT a core mod and can be used with AM)
If you are running anything up to HELS (Base Game, WA or HELS): http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=3830.0

GL

Also.. I just found that Delphy updated his framework installer and it is compatible with Ambitions. You can find it here: http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=384014

Thanks much! Im going to try this :D
with this mod the *old* way of playing is not fun anymore :3
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 10th Jul 2010 at 4:51 PM
Default The supercomputer site did say that! Yesterday, but not today.
Quote: Originally posted by Rainbow_Brite
Please DO NOT post inaccurate or false information! I, personally, cannot remove this comment BUT SuperComputer is updated almost daily. As soon as a bug or something is reported, Twallan fixes it. The SC mod came out with a new update yesterday, as it always does. Twallan already updated all of his mods to run with the most current patch so just go back to the site and re-download the new version. Keep up on his updates if you use the SC or his Story Progression as a lot of updates and changes are made.

http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=4091.0

The supercomputer site did say that it was now obsolete and not going to be updated! But, today it's updated! I just want to say that PapaC was not posting untruths, but the truth as it was then. I tried all last night to get the supercomputer to work (after I had installed the sims 3 1.14 patch) and my game wouldn't even start while I had the supercomputer in my mods folder. Hopefully today's version will make everything work again.
Field Researcher
#61 Old 11th Jul 2010 at 12:25 AM
I'm not sure what's going,

but late the other night i got v.88... that morning v.89 was up
so it was updated for the new patch as Rainbow_Brite said,

but i didn't see anything about the SC being caned or abandoned.

has anyone asked him about his plans for the SC?
Field Researcher
#62 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 4:34 PM
ok i got it... here's what Twallan said in his post:

This mod has been updated to Version 90. See the original post for details.
This Phase is now over, as I intend to break this mod apart and start a rewrite.
Any further issues will be deferred until that work is complete.

You have until the next release to post any requests that may require new translation strings. Thanks.

i think he's just expanding it farther, not to worry
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 12th Jul 2010 at 6:40 PM
After using this for a while, I must say I love it! I think it's brilliant. Thank you!
Test Subject
#64 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 6:19 AM
Works without the super computer?¿
Test Subject
#65 Old 13th Jul 2010 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by glimerre
I know this might sound stupid, but.. Where is The master controler? Does it need some kind of cheat code to appear? And when it starts working? Thank you for your patience

I'm wondering the same thing. I downloaded both the Super computer and this mod, but I don't see anywhere anything about master controller or anything.. please help me someone! I want more traits for my sims!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#66 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 12:55 AM
When you click on your Sim.. you will get a menu pop-up that says 'Master Controller'
Test Subject
#67 Old 14th Jul 2010 at 1:54 PM
On life-mode? Well wen i click on my sims it only says: go to art gallery and change clothes. I have no idea what went wrong.. I have both super computer (newest version) and your mod installed.
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#68 Old 15th Jul 2010 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by glimerre
On life-mode? Well wen i click on my sims it only says: go to art gallery and change clothes. I have no idea what went wrong.. I have both super computer (newest version) and your mod installed.

Then your mods are not installed correctly. To make sure that they are NOT working.. click on a computer while in live mode and see if you get the master controller option or any other option that you don't normally get. If it is not working.. I have written two tutorials (depending on what game you are running) on how to set up your framework or your mods/packages folder.

Up to HELS (so TS3, WA and HELS): http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=1398.0
for AMB (you have to have AMB installed to use this): http://ts3.tscexchange.com/index.php?topic=3830.0
Test Subject
#69 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 10:31 AM
Worked!!! Thank you very much for your help )) I wanned this download BADLY. Thanks again ;}
Test Subject
#70 Old 16th Jul 2010 at 1:41 PM
Does it work for 1.14?
Theorist
#71 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:11 AM
This is really great,thank you
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#72 Old 17th Jul 2010 at 12:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SadnessFeeler5
Does it work for 1.14?

Yes it should work
Destroyer of Worlds
retired moderator
#73 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 4:30 AM Last edited by heaven_sent_8_18 : 18th Jul 2010 at 10:17 PM. Reason: Need Clarification
Oh my, oh my, oh my. Up until today, I had no custom content for my game and still played TS2. This, along with some other downloads, have me itching to play! However, I can't pick between 7 or 10! That's how good this is! I can't even remember how many there actually are but I also remember thinking 5 was too few.

EDIT: Some quick questions:

1) Does this affect their lifetime want in any way? (IE the more complex they are, the more options they have available)?

2) If I download 10 and then decide it is too many and want to switch to 7 or vice versa (or any combination), do I need to reset every Sim to the default of 5 before deleting and redownloading and then add in the traits I want again?

3) I don't quite understand the Known Issues section. Will I not see the added traits until they age? Or are you just talking about once the added traits option is available, I can then add traits directly instead of using the mastercontroller option? Or none of the above. I think I need that explained in simpleton terms.

I don't want to download this until I understand it perfectly (or at least a lot better than I do at the moment).
Test Subject
#74 Old 18th Jul 2010 at 7:05 AM
dont work without the super computer?
Test Subject
#75 Old 19th Jul 2010 at 1:40 PM
Quote: Originally posted by heaven_sent_8_18
Oh my, oh my, oh my. Up until today, I had no custom content for my game and still played TS2. This, along with some other downloads, have me itching to play! However, I can't pick between 7 or 10! That's how good this is! I can't even remember how many there actually are but I also remember thinking 5 was too few.

if you choose 20 traits patch you can pick as mutch traits as you want up to 20. You can have as much as you want.. Like 7 or 10 or 11. I think it's the best thing about this mode :D
Page 3 of 11