Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Remove stencils/overlays from build/buy/CAS objects in game (edited 01/16/2014)

by velocitygrass Posted 9th Jun 2012 at 11:59 AM - Updated 16th Jan 2014 at 5:25 PM by velocitygrass : Note about patch 1.66

238 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 98 Feedback Posts, 139 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 10
Inventor
Original Poster
#76 Old 17th Jun 2012 at 10:55 PM
@Bobbo662: Yes, this is a known issue. However, I noticed that the option does appear after loading a save game, so as a workaround you can save the game with your lot, then reload and you should have the option.

@Srikandi: Yes, it works on community lots, though as you said, I'm not sure how useful this really is since the removal depends very much on the object. But if you carefully place the objects that you definitely want destencilled first, it might save some time.

And yes, for community lots, you have to have a sim in the world and zoom in on the lot (the sim doesn't actually have to visit the lot), which is a bit annoying, especially when you quickly want to test something and then want to undo it. It could be quicker to have the lot as residential temporarily for this purpose.

@leo06girl: I'm still not sure why it didn't work for you, but you could test the new version and see which (if any) options you have available and if they work.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 18th Jun 2012 at 5:21 AM
This is so handy! I love this and use it every time I play
Eminence Grise
THANKS POST
#78 Old 19th Jun 2012 at 2:08 AM
Thanks for the very cool update! Can't wait to play with some of the new options.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#79 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 1:03 AM
Loving the gay couple in the pics!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#80 Old 20th Jun 2012 at 10:01 PM
I think i love you
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 21st Jun 2012 at 6:40 PM
OMG, I can't believe this.

You, Mister, are a pure genius!
Can't wait to try it :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#82 Old 22nd Jun 2012 at 8:38 PM
i just wanted to throw an actual verbal thank you in for this...i downloaded a while ago but only just got around to messing with it in-game recently. i hadn't noticed HOW MANY objects in the sims i'd love to be using if it weren't for the ridiculous stencils on them. you have opened a whole new universe in decorating for me!
Inventor
#83 Old 23rd Jun 2012 at 9:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@Bobbo662: Yes, this is a known issue. However, I noticed that the option does appear after loading a save game, so as a workaround you can save the game with your lot, then reload and you should have the option.

@Srikandi: Yes, it works on community lots, though as you said, I'm not sure how useful this really is since the removal depends very much on the object. But if you carefully place the objects that you definitely want destencilled first, it might save some time.

And yes, for community lots, you have to have a sim in the world and zoom in on the lot (the sim doesn't actually have to visit the lot), which is a bit annoying, especially when you quickly want to test something and then want to undo it. It could be quicker to have the lot as residential temporarily for this purpose.

@leo06girl: I'm still not sure why it didn't work for you, but you could test the new version and see which (if any) options you have available and if they work.

It worked on everything I clicked, except the dresser that matches the bed you used in the pictures.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#84 Old 26th Jun 2012 at 4:30 PM
I'm pretty sure that EAxis used something like this for the plates in the Bird Sisters house in Appaloosa Plains - the decorative plates have no kittens or dogs on them, simply a plain color.
Test Subject
#85 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 4:01 PM
i love your mod ..its amazing how the smallest of changes can make everything look so much better in game =)

i would like to ask tho..is there any possibility that you could make it to where you could hide/unhide the option to remove the stuff..that way when you are playing the game you don't have the extra pie menu option..its no biggie or anything just it can get kinda crowded when there are already a lot of options on an object ..thx again tho for the mod
Inventor
Original Poster
#86 Old 27th Jun 2012 at 9:23 PM
@spyroklown30: I'll have a v2 of the mod out soon, which changes the whole handling from a live mode pie menu to a command when you cast the object (Build/Buy/CAS). I'll offer this as a separate package so that people can pick and choose which works best for them. I noticed myself that the menu can get annoying if you stay in cheats mode.

@leo06girl: I'm still not sure why it doesn't work on all pictured objects for you. However I'll have a package with a completely different approach out soon, so maybe that will work on all.
Inventor
#87 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 4:24 AM
I tried to explore a tomb today, and because of this mod I couldn't inspect a wall for a hidden door. It just gave the remove stencil option when I clicked. Other than that it worked beautifully. That is until I accidentally clicked on remove all masks on lot and had to completely refurnish my house.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 3:43 PM
This works great. I had wanted to do this for a long time now. Thanks for coming up with this.
Inventor
Original Poster
#89 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 4:06 PM
@leo06girl: Yes, if you always play with testingcheatsenabled on, the option can get annoying. I've now uploaded the new version of the mod, which works as a cheat instead as an interactions.
Instructor
THANKS POST
#90 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 4:18 PM
This is great, thank you! I remember I had a previous version of your mod installed, and my game went all crashy on me - HOWEVER I am not sure your mod was what caused it, as I was able to identify the "modern elevator" mod as the culprit. I shall try your updated mod! :D
Inventor
#91 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 8:16 PM
@leo06girl: Yes, if you always play with testingcheatsenabled on, the option can get annoying. I've now uploaded the new version of the mod, which works as a cheat instead as an interactions.

Thanks, I love this mod. I am sorry to be so much trouble.
Inventor
Original Poster
#92 Old 28th Jun 2012 at 9:12 PM
@leo06girl: That wasn't meant as a criticism. I'm sorry if it came across that way. I know that everyone plays differently. I tend to only turn on testingcheatsenabled when I specifically do something, so it seemed like a good idea to hide the interaction when it's off. But as others have reported, if you do play with tce on, the interaction becomes very distracting. I'm a lot happier with the new version. Making the change directly in Build/Buy mode makes a lot more sense. I just hadn't figured out yet the best way to do it.
Retired
retired moderator THANKS POST
#93 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 2:29 AM
Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait. I can remove the specular from EA clothes?

I can? Is this really happening?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#94 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 2:44 AM
WOW!!!!
I was just talking about this!
Inventor
#95 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 6:36 AM
@leo06girl: That wasn't meant as a criticism. I'm sorry if it came across that way. I know that everyone plays differently. I tend to only turn on testingcheatsenabled when I specifically do something, so it seemed like a good idea to hide the interaction when it's off. But as others have reported, if you do play with tce on, the interaction becomes very distracting. I'm a lot happier with the new version. Making the change directly in Build/Buy mode makes a lot more sense. I just hadn't figured out yet the best way to do it.

It didn't come off as criticism, I just thought I might be being a lot of trouble.
Inventor
Original Poster
#96 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 9:48 AM
@kiwi_tea: CC clothes too, but yes

@leo06girl: It's no trouble. This is what the feedback thread is for
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 29th Jun 2012 at 3:28 PM
~Things that have always annoyed me in-game~
Thanks so much for this!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#98 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 3:04 AM
Oh this is perfect! Thank you so much for making this possible
Interstellar Traveler
THANKS POST
#99 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 6:41 AM
I'm so so sorry if this question has been answered, but does this reset once you exit the game? Or do they stay without the stencil/overlays/etc.?
Inventor
Original Poster
#100 Old 30th Jun 2012 at 7:23 AM
@SIMul8rReviews: The removal persists in the save and when exporting. (I have not retested sharing and importing with the new version and never with the clothes, but since it does the same in the background, I assume it applies for the new version as well. I did retest with a save and the changes stuck.)
Page 4 of 10