Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Remove stencils/overlays from build/buy/CAS objects in game (edited 01/16/2014)

by velocitygrass Posted 9th Jun 2012 at 11:59 AM - Updated 16th Jan 2014 at 5:25 PM by velocitygrass : Note about patch 1.66

238 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 98 Feedback Posts, 139 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 10
Test Subject
#126 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 12:08 PM
Hi, I love this mod! I was just getting annoyed at stencils on clothes from the Diesel SP. I just have one problem though: When I type in "deco [blah blah blah]" in the cheats box, the game doesn't seem to recognise it. I'm using the version that is meant for build/buy mode.
Eminence Grise
#127 Old 19th Jul 2012 at 7:23 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Australorp
Hi, I love this mod! I was just getting annoyed at stencils on clothes from the Diesel SP. I just have one problem though: When I type in "deco [blah blah blah]" in the cheats box, the game doesn't seem to recognise it. I'm using the version that is meant for build/buy mode.

Are you in CaST? You have to actually have the CaST (pattern) window open for that version to work.
Test Subject
#128 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Are you in CaST? You have to actually have the CaST (pattern) window open for that version to work.

Yes, I am in CaST. The game doesn't seem to think the cheat is a cheat.
Inventor
Original Poster
#129 Old 20th Jul 2012 at 5:47 PM
@Australorp: Can you double-check that you downloaded velocitygrass_remove_deco.zip and not the other zip and that it's unpacked in the correct folder in your modding framework?
Test Subject
#130 Old 21st Jul 2012 at 10:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by velocitygrass
@Australorp: Can you double-check that you downloaded velocitygrass_remove_deco.zip and not the other zip and that it's unpacked in the correct folder in your modding framework?

I think I did download the wrong one ... how embarrassing! Well done me.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#131 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 5:20 PM
holy crap. You've just like, doubled the items I can use in game- I can't stand like 95% of the stencils. Thank you SO much!
Field Researcher
#132 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 3:57 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Srikandi
Edit -- TLDR: Sorry for the confusingness of that, I was testing as I was typing To sum up, for best results I suggest entering CaST, removing the deco, exiting CaST, and then entering CaST again to color your item. That way the deco won't come back and you can save the preset without problems.

Or you could click on another object in CASt and then back to the object that you removed the stencil to and then save the preset. It will take after that.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#133 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 4:56 AM
The ability to remove a ridiculously rubber clothing specular?

Truly, you are a god among men.
Sockpuppet
#134 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 2:36 AM
This will not affect the presets or other objects of the same type, though you can store the stencilless look of your object as a new preset. You can at any time use one of the presets to get the decoration back.

You mean I can get both presets : Original presets and "clean" presets.

Then I don't need to re-use the cheat code if a "clean" preset already exist., right ?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#135 Old 31st Jul 2012 at 11:50 PM
Wow, very neat.
Inventor
Original Poster
#136 Old 1st Aug 2012 at 8:51 PM
@Kabuto: Yes, once you've created your own modified preset, you should be able to use that without having to use the cheat.
Test Subject
#137 Old 6th Aug 2012 at 3:16 AM
Thanks for the thoughtful mod and all the work that's gone into it! I would recommend you re-write the mod info/instructions/warnings section, though, for overall clarity and (if needed, I couldn't tell) perhaps spoilerhide warnings that pertain only to deprecated versions of the mod.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 7th Aug 2012 at 9:28 PM
whats with the gay sims.....
Inventor
Original Poster
#139 Old 8th Aug 2012 at 8:01 PM
@Restroom: I hid the info about the first version of the mod, which makes the whole thing easier to read (I hope). Thanks for the tip.

@SimsLover8211: Actually, Rodney is bisexual. I thought adding sims would liven up the image, so I added my sim couple. Did you have a particular question?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#140 Old 13th Aug 2012 at 5:00 AM
This mod works wonderfully. It has made decorating my sims' homes fun again. Thank you so much.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#141 Old 26th Aug 2012 at 2:30 AM
This ranks right up there with the few mods I cannot live without. I'd been d/ling mods individually that removed the flower from the toilet, cabinet, etc. and now I can clean them all up with just this one. Considering the volume of CC I have AND my propensity toward keeping it neat with many, many folders, this mod saves space and time! Yay!!!
Top Secret Researcher
THANKS POST
#142 Old 27th Aug 2012 at 12:18 PM
This is beyond awesome...I don't know why I didn't download it before!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#143 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 2:14 PM
Has anyone tested this mod for the new patch 1.38?
Inventor
Original Poster
#144 Old 3rd Sep 2012 at 7:48 PM
@majesticg: It worked for me. Did you have any issues?
Lab Assistant
#145 Old 6th Sep 2012 at 10:59 PM

It's working now...thank you
Instructor
#146 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 10:08 AM

Does it work on new items too?
Inventor
Original Poster
#147 Old 8th Sep 2012 at 12:09 PM
@cheeroke: I have to admit EA has been pretty good about adding stencil-less versions in Supernatural. But yes, the tool works on new objects too.
Lab Assistant
#148 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 5:32 AM
Hiya VelocityGrass! Just wanted to thank you for such a cool mod. It's a great idea! I also wanted to ask a quick question... Would this work on vehicles? The reason I ask is because ever since I got Fast Lane Stuff about 5 or 6 months ago, the race bike, "The Jamboree" has been bugging me. While I ot no real beef with the overall design of the bike, the front fender is god-awful looking. I'd like to remove it, or at least make it look "normal" -- would this mod help with that?

Thank you in advance!
Inventor
Original Poster
#149 Old 21st Oct 2012 at 7:05 PM
@Lady Aran: You can't change any geometry. This mod can only remove stencils/overlays/etc and even this can fail depending on how the object is built. For any given object, you can simply try removing the parts of the texture and see what happens. Good luck!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#150 Old 1st Nov 2012 at 9:17 AM
Thanks for the update
Page 6 of 10