Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Remove stencils/overlays from build/buy/CAS objects in game (edited 01/16/2014)

by velocitygrass Posted 9th Jun 2012 at 11:59 AM - Updated 16th Jan 2014 at 5:25 PM by velocitygrass : Note about patch 1.66

238 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 98 Feedback Posts, 139 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 8 of 10
Inventor
Original Poster
#176 Old 16th Apr 2013 at 8:55 PM
@misspinkmey: Which one? I'm also using a few of Twallan's mods. Are you sure they're all up-to-date?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#177 Old 30th Apr 2013 at 10:22 PM
thank u thank u thank u!
Test Subject
#178 Old 18th Jun 2013 at 8:48 PM
I tried this on furniture and I got it to work, woot. I also tried it on clothing (the new university stuff) and I can not get it to remove the mascots or badges from the university clothing, what am I doing wrong? Please help. Thank you for your time
Inventor
Original Poster
#179 Old 19th Jun 2013 at 9:50 PM
@Amdskp: I had no problem with deco s. Are you sure you are inside Create a Style for the particular piece of clothing? I doesn't work, if you are simply in CAS assigning clothes.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#180 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 4:30 AM
Sorry it took so long to reply, been busy with real life. Any how I was in create a sim trying to take the lama off of a mens athletic coat. If I can't change it in CAS how would one do so?

P.S thank you for your time
Inventor
Original Poster
#181 Old 23rd Jun 2013 at 1:57 PM
@Amdskp: What I meant was that you have to specifically click on the palette button to enter create a style where you can assign the different patterns/colors to the outfit. It's only in this mode that the cheat will work. I tried it with two different tops that had the university decals on them and had no problem.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#182 Old 30th Jul 2013 at 4:52 AM
omg, you genius???????? i think so? i should tell wonderful~? you are design king! or queen!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#183 Old 31st Aug 2013 at 9:31 PM
This is seriously the best mod I've ever come across. Amazing! The design possibilities have multiplied GREATLY. I don't know why EA used that ugly shine thingy, but now I bid it farewell >:3
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#184 Old 1st Sep 2013 at 2:41 PM
You just answered one of my biggest sims prayers. Thank you!
Instructor
#185 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 8:56 AM
Could I ask if this mod is compatible w/patch 1.55? Thanks!
Inventor
Original Poster
#186 Old 9th Sep 2013 at 10:04 PM
@Sonshine: Yes, it is. This mod hasn't been broken by a patch so far and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it will remain that way through the rest of the patches that we can expect for the game.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#187 Old 3rd Oct 2013 at 6:10 PM
It's really a shame that the mod doesn't work in Build/Buy Mode. When I enter "testingcheatsenabled true", if I click on the object, nothing happens. So, I believe it only works when we're in Live Mode. Thank you anyway.
Inventor
Original Poster
#188 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 10:06 PM
@Quantum_Reality: Only the first version works in live mode. The current version (velocitygrass_remove_deco.zip) works in build/buy and CAS and works as a cheat and not as an interaction (see the main post).
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#189 Old 12th Nov 2013 at 11:17 PM
This mod is a major staple for me, Absolute MUST HAVE. Everytime I re-install TS3, even re-install Windows, this is the ONE MOD I cannot live without. Thank you so much for making this. Let me know if you ever need a kidney or something else I have 2 of...
Test Subject
#190 Old 13th Nov 2013 at 5:48 AM
This is SO useful! I didn't know what I was missing until I used this mod for the first time. Now I can't live without it. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#191 Old 28th Dec 2013 at 3:15 AM
Thanks a bunch! I freaking love it <3
Finally there's a way to get rid of that fugly overlay things in counter.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#192 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 4:26 PM
Thank you! I usually don't use half of Maxis items because of the stencils and decos.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#193 Old 4th Jan 2014 at 10:56 PM
I love you. I just effing LOVE you.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#194 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 10:17 PM
So.. ..Will this get rid of necklaces? And, what would they be classed as?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#195 Old 19th Feb 2014 at 1:46 AM
I d/l'ed this a long time ago, and just noticed I didn't thank you then. Thank you, thank you, thank you! ;)
Forum Resident
#196 Old 15th Mar 2014 at 6:12 PM
this is really one of the most useful mods i ever had. I wish there was a tool to remove the shine from hairs in such an easy way. but maybe it works for the accessory parts? have to find out. thank you velocitygrass!

<< ... too old-fashioned to die young-fashioned >>
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#197 Old 24th Mar 2014 at 1:04 AM Last edited by Anettesb : 24th Mar 2014 at 1:56 AM.
This is fantastic.

I can't get the click on it version to Work though, and with my bad memory it is better to just have to click.
so I want to check if I'm doing this right.

it is in buy/build I have to click, right?
but left or right? and do I need to press a button too?

edit: I got it after a few more trial and error...
now I will play with them and see what I use the most
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#198 Old 26th Mar 2014 at 5:18 AM
Those stupid shiny workout pants!!! Finally usable!!! Oh thank you, thank you, thank you! I also love all other options and possibilities this provides, but those pants have bugged me for such a long time.

Your mods are so useful!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#199 Old 3rd Apr 2014 at 12:53 AM
So very helpful, Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#200 Old 7th Apr 2014 at 12:48 PM
Thank you sooooo much!! I can't wait to put this mod to use!! =D
Page 8 of 10