Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Meshing Toolkit - version 1.4.9 uploaded 12/20/2018

by CmarNYC Posted 26th Jul 2012 at 2:58 PM - Updated 20th Dec 2018 at 3:05 PM by CmarNYC

296 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 209 Feedback Posts, 86 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 1 of 12
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#2 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 3:54 PM
I love you!
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#3 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 4:40 PM
Oooh, it's good to see this finally officially uploaded! Thank you for this and the tutorial!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#4 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 4:46 PM
really, thank you very much it will be very useful
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#5 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 4:54 PM
I'm beyond excited for this! Thank you so much! Can't wait to franken-mesh again. x
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#6 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 6:25 PM
*Squee*
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#7 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 7:33 PM
Yaaay, it is released! This tool has already become indispensable for me
Thank you!!!
Lab Assistant
#8 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 10:45 PM
So is this essentially a free replace for Milkshape?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#9 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 11:19 PM
Thanks, everyone! Seeing this be a picked upload makes me happy!

Quote: Originally posted by Telishathompson
So is this essentially a free replace for Milkshape?

No, this isn't a 3D meshing program; it's a set of ways to mathematically manipulate meshes produced by Milkshape. If you want a free meshing program, there's Blender.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#10 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 11:29 PM
This tool is made of awesome and win.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#11 Old 26th Jul 2012 at 11:47 PM
This looks very interesting. Im gonna try this out right now.
Inventor
THANKS POST
#12 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 1:30 AM
amazing!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#13 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 1:43 AM
Thank You!
Field Researcher
#14 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 4:43 AM
Well, this should make my CAS parts life easier. Thanks for the tools! :D
Scholar
THANKS POST
#15 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 5:55 AM
Thank you so much for this tool kit! This will make assigning bones to meshes very easier!

I have one tiny question just to make sure? let's say I Have a mesh package that contains 3 Lod's parts or your transparent mesh for example (LOD_1 LOD_1_1 LOD_1_2 etc....) and I want to use the morph tool, does the toolkit automatically fix/create them all or do you have to do each lod_0,1,etc part separately?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#16 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 6:50 AM
Sorry, but you have to do each mesh part separately. You might be able to use the same reference mesh and morph for all of them, though.
Scholar
#17 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 7:33 AM
Dang, okay thanks once again for this very useful tool!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#18 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 4:33 PM
Lovely ^^ maybe ill start making clothing along with my objects now thanks to you.

I have always been afraid to convert hair and clothes from ts2 since assigning bones and making body morphs has been tricky. I certainly think this will help!

Maybe ill have that 16th century royal court gown done soon thanks to you ^^

Thanks so much!!!!!
Inventor
THANKS POST
#19 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 5:15 PM
Marry me? ♥____________________♥
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#20 Old 27th Jul 2012 at 10:16 PM
Wow, this looks awesome! ^^ I can't wait till the autoassigning bones feature comes for TSRW WSO. That's probably the step, I always fail at when trying to make a new mesh. XD But I'm still a beginner though. =) Thank you so much for creating this tool, it will be very helpful!
Banned
THANKS POST
#21 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 1:58 AM
Finally! A way to auto assign joints! This is wondrous! Now I just need to learn how to create for The Sims 3, too bad you can't auto assign sims 2 unimesh joints.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#22 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 8:57 AM
Great work, but I have a question...what's the UV-thing in your program? Did I get it right, the program will make a new UV-map automatically? That would be awesome, because I always have problems with UV-mapping^^"
Or did I get it wrong?
Ms. Byte (Deceased)
Original Poster
#23 Old 28th Jul 2012 at 2:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chironthya
Did I get it right, the program will make a new UV-map automatically?

Well, yes and no. Toolkit has an automatic UV function, but it doesn't work well enough to be of much use. It might be useful for a fairly low-poly mesh with seams in the exact same locations as the reference mesh you pick, but for most meshes it's probably going to mess up the seams pretty badly. In most cases you really need a UV mapping tool like the one in Blender or a third party one like Roadkill or LithUnwrap or whatever. You might have to convert your mesh to a different format, do the UV, convert back, and do the bones again. Maybe I'll do a tutorial if I can figure out how to do it myself!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#24 Old 30th Jul 2012 at 3:51 PM
Oh, god!!! I love you !! TOT
I'm gonna try it as soons as I can!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#25 Old 3rd Aug 2012 at 1:30 PM
Can you add a tool that make the LOD's automatically with the morphs?Or do you know some tool that do this? :D
Page 1 of 12