Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Death Note

by desecrate Posted 12th Mar 2013 at 12:35 PM - Updated 7th Jun 2014 at 11:45 AM by desecrate : Fixed animation so it is now usable by adult sims; minor fixes and adjustments.

277 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 85 Feedback Posts, 191 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 6 of 12
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#126 Old 30th Aug 2013 at 6:40 PM
MY GOSH HECK YES.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#127 Old 6th Sep 2013 at 6:40 PM
Thank You! Death Note is my most favorite anime series! Now I can kill off annoying vampire neighbors that have been around for too long. Muahahahaha.
Field Researcher
#128 Old 7th Sep 2013 at 7:59 AM
Does it still work with 1.57?
Test Subject
#129 Old 10th Sep 2013 at 12:04 PM
I downloaded & installed this mod with no problems, and used buydebug to get the deathnote, placing it on my teen's desk. When I try to do anything with it, all that comes up when I hover the curser over it is the hand, and all I can do is move it, I can't even put it in my teen's inventory. Please help?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#130 Old 23rd Sep 2013 at 7:29 PM
Awesome,it should be on the featured mods
Test Subject
#131 Old 4th Oct 2013 at 4:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Karsciyin
Adults should have a writing animation, they have for a while - the 'love letters'. Not sure when they were introduced, either Late Night or Generations. In the latter case, I only got it recently so it would in patch, not on disc.

As for this, sigh... if only I could get an adult to use it. I need ways to killing those annoying people who keep asking him out on dates - he drops everything he is doing to tell them to piss off, forever, but won't stop receiving (or answering) them. A little murder should do the trick.

Can you date from the afterlife?

The love letters were introduced in seasons
Test Subject
#132 Old 9th Oct 2013 at 8:01 PM
WHERE I FIND?!I DONT FIND THIS
Test Subject
#133 Old 25th Oct 2013 at 12:27 AM Last edited by EchoDreadhowl : 25th Oct 2013 at 2:29 AM.
does anyone know if the kill gets credited toward NRAAS' assassination mod? I know desecrate's pistol and rifle, as well as dexter the bear, all work with the assassination mod, so hoping that this does too.

I should have 1st asked if it worked on 1.57... the only interaction I'm getting is "give gift" when it's in my teen's inventory (also tried it in a young adult's inventory and get the same thing). Any ideas?

[ETA] You have to direct the sim to pick up the "notebook", then the interactions will be available, but if you put it directly into their inventory (via "the hand of god") then it only gives the "give gift" interaction. Still trying to figure out if this will give credit for the kill with the assassination mod. When they're not in the same area/room, the kill doesn't get credited, but will try to find out if it does when they are a "witness" to the actual death after they have assigned the death note.

[last ETA] YES! It works with the assassination mod , but only if you witness the death.
Test Subject
#134 Old 2nd Nov 2013 at 8:46 PM
I Love This Mod Although I Moved All My Mods Into The Overrides Folder Then I Did Not Use The Mod For Awhile, Then I Wanted To Use It So I Bought It Will Buy Debug Cheat And Testingcheatsenabled True I Debuged It And It Showed A Error Message Saying Something About The Choose A Sim To Die, The Table Did Not Work, The Buttons Didn't Work. Please Help
Test Subject
#135 Old 7th Nov 2013 at 8:50 PM
Thanks a lot dude!! Its look like its still work with the 1.63 patch....Banzaiiiii!!!!
Lab Assistant
#136 Old 10th Nov 2013 at 4:36 PM
I just found the notebook on Uni grounds, but nobody in my hood can pick it up and use it because I'm playing the student... It would be greatly appreciated if you could make the interactions available for adults (I tried to open your mod and Buzzler's Scribbling pad in S3PE to see if I could do something myself but I have to admit I'm far too incompetent to make sense of the files in the package unfortunately).
Pretty please ? :3
Test Subject
#137 Old 17th Nov 2013 at 10:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by JessMRowe94
I downloaded & installed this mod with no problems, and used buydebug to get the deathnote, placing it on my teen's desk. When I try to do anything with it, all that comes up when I hover the curser over it is the hand, and all I can do is move it, I can't even put it in my teen's inventory. Please help?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#138 Old 18th Nov 2013 at 5:29 PM
You Forgot To Say: Shinigami Not Included
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#139 Old 2nd Dec 2013 at 3:31 PM
Thank you VERY much! Hehehe, goodbye "poor" anoying neighboors
Test Subject
#140 Old 20th Dec 2013 at 2:31 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Occultine
I just found the notebook on Uni grounds, but nobody in my hood can pick it up and use it because I'm playing the student... It would be greatly appreciated if you could make the interactions available for adults (I tried to open your mod and Buzzler's Scribbling pad in S3PE to see if I could do something myself but I have to admit I'm far too incompetent to make sense of the files in the package unfortunately).
Pretty please ? :3

My adults can use it, but they just stand there when you click the interaction rather than sit down and write. You have to wait a little while before that little spark thing happens above their head signifying that they're finished "writing". I can't remember if I've used this since patching to 1.63, so will test it out when I can and reconfirm or unconfirm that that's what still happens.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#141 Old 7th Jan 2014 at 11:13 PM
I dont understand how to get the deathnote still
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#142 Old 23rd Jan 2014 at 3:25 PM
Does this still work with patch 1.66?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#143 Old 24th Jan 2014 at 5:01 PM
OMG HAHA loll awesome
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#144 Old 28th Jan 2014 at 6:26 PM
I've had my eye on this mod for a while, but I've always shyed away from downloading it because only younger lifestages can use it. have you considered getting together with the creator of the Scribble-pad mod and getting animations so that adults and older can use it too? (Not requesting, just wondering!)
THANKS POST
#145 Old 5th Feb 2014 at 5:06 PM
++
THANKS POST
#146 Old 7th Feb 2014 at 9:01 AM
You are awesome for adding this. It's just effing brilliant XD
Instructor
THANKS POST
#147 Old 8th Feb 2014 at 1:38 PM
I love this mod, I always wanted a serial killer in one of my neighborhoods, even if he kills with supernatural abilities. I don't mind if it's child-teen only because it offers a good opportunity having an Omen-type Evil child. It works with 1.67 patch, by the way, as well.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#148 Old 11th Feb 2014 at 8:21 PM
Maybe this is a stupid question, but here goes nothing:
Suppose my simmies were to find and use this notebook. What would that mean for then when they die? In the anime, Ryuk mentioned that a person who uses the Death Note forfeits their soul. When they die, they don't go to heaven or hell -- they simply stop existing. Is there some way to ensure that any sim who uses the Death Note CANNOT become a ghost or be ressurrected under any circumstances? After all, when they die, their soul goes poof! There would be nothing left to bring back, no matter what way you're thinking of.
Also, what about the Shinigami Eyes? A sim who makes a death with a Shinigami (The Grim Reaper, maybe, or a townie specially coded for this purpose) can see the name and remaining life of a sim floating over their heads. It would be like a permanent plumbbob, but in red numbering and lettering. Also, it would let you know if anybody else in town had a death note, because the number of their remaining life wouldn't be there. For the sake of not overtaxing the computer, let's say that it would only happen with sims who were on the same lot (or within a certain block distance) of the Death Note-owning sim. All of this would, of course, come at the price of halving whatever remains of their lifespan. Maybe that could be achieved by treating the Shinigami Eyes like a demi-lifestate or hidden trait?
Is any of this possible?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#149 Old 22nd Feb 2014 at 7:12 AM
Is this working for the latest update (1.67) or?
Lab Assistant
#150 Old 23rd Feb 2014 at 6:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Daniel Marshall
Is this working for the latest update (1.67) or?
Yes, it is.
Page 6 of 12