Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Realistic Bills (Not too high, not too low)

by mgomez Posted 16th Sep 2014 at 2:27 AM

184 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 75 Feedback Posts, 108 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 8
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#26 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:01 PM
Quote: Originally posted by zenda772
Ok, but the pyo files are not showing up on mods list even when I have the script things checked. The only mod that is working is the one set as a package. If I change it to py or to a package it will not load at all.

Do not put PYO, PYC, or PY files in your Mods directory. Put the zip file they came in there. You didn't need to extract the PYOs.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#27 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 9:23 PM
This is a great mod, I haven't used the money cheat since and it makes the game so much more immersive.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#28 Old 16th Sep 2014 at 10:03 PM
The game's economic model leaves a lot to be desired. Thanks for this!
Lab Assistant
#29 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 12:57 AM
Ok, got it to work it just seems odd to put it in mod folder and not unzip it..Thanks for help. Might need a video on net to explain it better.

Quote: Originally posted by mgomez
Do not put PYO, PYC, or PY files in your Mods directory. Put the zip file they came in there. You didn't need to extract the PYOs.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#30 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:11 AM
Ok, got it to work it just seems odd to put it in mod folder and not unzip it..Thanks for help. Might need a video on net to explain it better.

If you're curious why this is done the way it is, it's actually meant to compartmentalize the scripts. Python scripts aren't like packages. They don't work with resource entities, so they are easier to conflict. When one mod conflicts with another, you can easily identify the mod by zip than by the script file. For example, I have written a mod (release soon!) that affects relationship decay. It includes 5 script files. If you extract them into your Mods directory, I'd be surprised if in 3 years you could tell which of the script files were from my mod. Or, if I update my mod (as I will do in a few days or so) with a two-script version, some of the "extra" scripts that were in the original mod will conflict with the new version's overrides. This is why keeping them contained within a zip file makes more sense.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:34 AM
Thank you! I was looking for something that reduced the cost but didn't make it too easy. This is exactly what I was looking for!
Field Researcher
#32 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 2:44 AM
Ok, but the pyo files are not showing up on mods list even when I have the script things checked. The only mod that is working is the one set as a package. If I change it to py or to a package it will not load at all.

Are you 'opening the zip' itself? Extracting the .pyo from the zip into the Mods folder? If so, I understand that is the wrong way to do it.

As I understand it, you simply download the ENTIRE zip file into the Mod folder and simply leave it alone and the game will look after it all itself. I got the impression, and I may be mistaken, that you are downloading the zip and then extracting the contained file?
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 3:53 AM
Hello, I like this mod. I am wondering if there is a way to add a tuning value to the monthly bills? For example, you can adjust the amount of money that is charged per month using a tunable value in the .pyo file.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 8:20 AM
It comes really handy! Thank you.

BTW, do you exactly know what makes the game calculate how much you have to pay in your bills? Because in my case they raised without even buying new objects!
Field Researcher
#35 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 9:35 AM
Thank you
Wonderful mod, thank you!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#36 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 1:25 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ferna2294
It comes really handy! Thank you.

BTW, do you exactly know what makes the game calculate how much you have to pay in your bills? Because in my case they raised without even buying new objects!

It's in the game's code. From what I understood (I just glimpse through it before I have crack the whip on it), it's a progressive income tax system that calculates all of your assets and household funds. It has multiple brackets set up that progressively tax you higher as it sees more money in your reserves and property value. This was in order to simulate a government that taxes you much how modern Western governments do. Of course, although that's realistic, not everyone likes having so much of their pie taken (in real life, the situation is quite the same). Since I can't solve taxation issues in real life, I decided I could do it at least for this game.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#37 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 4:12 PM
thank you! I received my first 2,600 bill, which is a great improvement from the 30, 000 bills.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#38 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:06 PM
Thank you! I hated those expensive bills. This will help a lot.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 6:48 PM
this is just perfect, thanks and i look forward to your relationship decay mod
Lab Assistant
#40 Old 17th Sep 2014 at 10:25 PM
Hello, can you adjust the amount of money that is charged per month using a tunable value in the .pyo file?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#41 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:22 AM
Thank you for this. I won't use it, I like the challenge of the base game. But I know many people really needed this for their playstyles!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#42 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 1:58 AM
Love it!
Test Subject
#43 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:27 AM
I really need this..... I have to pay 12.000 simoleons
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 6:20 AM
Thanks for another awsm mod!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#45 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 3:21 PM
Thanks. I'm not quite sure I get it and I don't know what my bills will lower to, but it was quite a shock going to the mailbox to receive my first bill and seeing that number up in the thousands for the first time. I had two working sims who would've taken weeks to earn that much and not enough time so I panicked and typed kaching faster than you can say repossesion.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#46 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 4:49 PM
Quote: Originally posted by loser
Thanks. I'm not quite sure I get it and I don't know what my bills will lower to, but it was quite a shock going to the mailbox to receive my first bill and seeing that number up in the thousands for the first time. I had two working sims who would've taken weeks to earn that much and not enough time so I panicked and typed kaching faster than you can say repossesion.

Since you're curious, I'll tell you: Bills will be lowered to approximately one-tenth their original TS4 calculated value. This is done to still present *some* level of challenge while reflecting what a utility bill should look like rather than an income tax.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#47 Old 18th Sep 2014 at 5:44 PM
thank you for your great mod and hard work
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 20th Sep 2014 at 9:22 PM
This is awesome. I like the challenge of the bill system in game but I'll keep this in mind in case I get tired of it
Test Subject
#49 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 12:50 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mgomez
Since you're curious, I'll tell you: Bills will be lowered to approximately one-tenth their original TS4 calculated value. This is done to still present *some* level of challenge while reflecting what a utility bill should look like rather than an income tax.

Wouldn't it be a good idea to release a few different versions of this mod?

1/3 or 1/4 cheaper
pay 1/2
pay 1/4
pay 1/10 (as they are now)
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#50 Old 21st Sep 2014 at 1:23 AM
Quote: Originally posted by eagleFMJ
Wouldn't it be a good idea to release a few different versions of this mod?

1/3 or 1/4 cheaper
pay 1/2
pay 1/4
pay 1/10 (as they are now)

Maybe. I think that this may be a new component of a much larger mod I'm working on
Page 2 of 8