Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 10th Aug 2020 at 11:57 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default Sims unable to leave lot.
My sims aren't able to leave their home lot by any means. I try directing them to call a taxi, walk to lot and drive, but nothing happens. The dialogue box asking who's going with the active sin doesn't pop up.

Long story short, I created a neighbourhood, built some houses, went to make some Townies and realised the Pleasantview ones were in the Hood, which I didn't want, so I moved all houses to the lot bin and into a new empty hood. None of the lots have had any sims on them.

When I've directed a sim to leave the lot, nothing happens. It's only happening on this lot, the others I've tested seem fine so it doesn't look like it's a hack conflict.

(It's a while since I built the house, I might have used lot adjuster on it after building, but it's on a 2x2, so I'm not sure about that.)

I have a vague idea that there are supposed to be portals? Can these have been deleted somehow? If so, can I get them back.

Thanks in advance! I might be slow to reply because it's midnight where I am. Hoping to wake up in the morning to find an answer.
Advertisement
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#2 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 12:05 AM
If it is only this house, check the portals. You can get a portal revealer here https://modthesims.info/d/251392/portal-revealer.html It will show up under 2 story windows. There are buyable portals on that same upload, in case yours are missing.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 2:12 PM
Thank you!

I did try that and it wasn't the portals, but a cc conflict. I realised that another difference was that there was a toddler in the trapped family, so removing the mods that allow toddlers to leave fixed everything.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 11th Aug 2020 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Ice_Elf
Thank you!

I did try that and it wasn't the portals, but a cc conflict. I realised that another difference was that there was a toddler in the trapped family, so removing the mods that allow toddlers to leave fixed everything.

Depending on what the other mod was you can sometimes fix clashes by changing load order or removing either mod, but perhaps you want the other mod more anyway. Which mod was it clashing with?

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#5 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 2:24 AM
There's special instructions about files required to make the Mod allowing toddlers,puppies and kittens to travel to community lots work as it should and if you installed that Mod without that required file which would be linked on that Mod's download page it might cause an issue like the one you just had.I also have that Mod installed and that required file linked in the instructions is also in my downloads folder with that Mod like instructed and there's never been any issues like that in my game.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#6 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 3:02 AM
I use that mod too without issues, so I was wondering if there is a clash with something esle, but that ^ is also a possibility.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#7 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 3:11 AM
@joandsarah77 -It's most likely that they just put that Mod in itself and forgot the companion file that was required along with it as that is one of the issues that can come up if that's been done.It's the most likely possibility because that Mod has a required companion file that should be installed with it for it to work correctly and it might not work or cause an issue like that one if it's installed without it's companion file.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#8 Old 12th Aug 2020 at 3:45 AM
I've used it for years so forgot about that file. Easy to do though.

~Call me Jo~
Mad Poster
#9 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 5:38 PM
It's just that I have a very long memeory and remembered having to put that file in the first time I installed that Mod and another one also requires that same companion file and I installed that one knowing the require file was already installed from the earlier time with the other Mod.It would be so easy to forget if your memory isn't anywhere near like mine.
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#10 Old 13th Aug 2020 at 10:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TadOlson
It's just that I have a very long memeory and remembered having to put that file in the first time I installed that Mod and another one also requires that same companion file and I installed that one knowing the require file was already installed from the earlier time with the other Mod.It would be so easy to forget if your memory isn't anywhere near like mine.

My memory is shot.

~Call me Jo~