Replies: 3881 (Who?), Viewed: 121664 times.
Page 156 of 156
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3876 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 2:14 PM
I'm going to be a queen for the day; Queen of Procrastination.

I need to move things out of the way so the plumber can do his plumbing stuff this this week. Time is money. The longer he has to be at the house, the more it costs me. It isn't as if there is much to move, I just don't feel like doing it.  I'd rather sit around listening to a audiobook and enjoying the peace that is my game.
Top Secret Researcher
#3877 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 9:24 PM
Truce day in the Battle of Blackberry Vines. I advanced the front lines 3 meters along the embankment yesterday. There's another 13 meters to where I can capture the area where the evil blackberries have broken through my fence. I'm full of holes and band-aids(tm) from the defensive blackberry thorns.

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#3878 Old 9th Aug 2020 at 11:20 PM
Phyllis, Mabel...hold my calls. I have some serious shit to account for in personal expenditures.

I had recently been talked down to by my father after the so-called bloat was accounted as such. I know the dangers of eating too much or too little! Gah!

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Mad Poster
#3879 Old Yesterday at 10:24 AM
Spend my day off today re-playing one of the video games from my childhood, Jak and Daxter: The Precursor Legacy.
Hours upon hours upon hours, and then I get stuck trying to get all the orbs at scout flies in lava tube.
Now I know why I stopped playing the first time

Make it idiot proof and someone will make a better idiot.
Steam ID: PadukSteam
Top Secret Researcher
#3880 Old Yesterday at 12:10 PM
I also had a day off and spent most of it playing Sims, but I did get a walk in, and vacuumed the place, so it felt productive. Back to tedium tomorrow. I wish I had a three day weekend every weekend. It was good.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3881 Old Yesterday at 12:45 PM Last edited by Gargoyle Cat : Yesterday at 8:18 PM.
It is house re-plumb day.  I'm not looking forward to it.  It isn't because I lack faith in my plumber. I have been giving him my business for over 20 years and he has never done wrong by me, but it is going to be a long day.  I'm going to hole myself up in my office and play my game except when the dogs need to go out and whatever else needs my attention.

This whole thing only has to happen once; thank goodness for that and for the fact that I have a small house.  I can't imagine having to go through this with a large house with many bathrooms, bar sinks and all the other stuff people think is handy until something breaks.

EDIT: The house is re-plumbed.  There are still a couple of things that need to be done, but the worst of it is done and over with.  What is left won't take long but stuff needed to be ordered and or it is on its way.  Once this project is done, we get to move on to something else.  It is either going to be a new roof ( ours isn't leaking, but it is going on 24 years old from when we replaced it the first time) or gut and fix the upstairs bathroom.  
Mad Poster
#3882 Old Yesterday at 9:29 PM
"Phyllis, Mabel...has it been 6 years since you were instated as my secretaries? I have been trying to tell you that, when I wanted to make friends....

I didn't mean with the T800 Cyberdyne Systems Model 101 body. However, I have to say the model involved can at least be a bodyguard."

Lately, I plan on drawing my feelings in a hardbound sketch book

I should be the only one to shine,
I am the Golden Queen of Shadow Galactica
(Translation of a line from image song Golden Queen Galaxia)
Page 156 of 156