Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 14th Oct 2021 at 10:09 PM
Default All the Hairs account suspended?
The page goes to an "account suspended" page now. Does anyone know what happened?
Advertisement
Inventor
#2 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 1:14 AM
I don't have any useful info, but that's never stopped me from blathering before and won't now either. It started to have problems for some about a year ago. Thread here https://modthesims.info/m/showthread.php?t=648881 At the time of my first response in that thread I'd posted on ATH about spam entries and they (applesauce) had answered in less than a week. I attempted ( in their comments section) to alert them about the issues/worries that peeps here were having with their site( my second post in linked thread). The next time I saw the owner respond to comments was maybe April-ish of this year. All previous comments were gone as well as a large amount of the links . The owner opened up a registration thingy and received quite a few offers of help to delete spam/add new entries etc. Digi ( always fighting the good fight!, much appreciated) and others were commenting and trying to keep it up. Never saw the owner again.

I know I've read recently that someone else is trying to create a similar site, but I can't recall any details and a search of my recent bookmarks was useless. ATH was a really useful site and fed my cc addiction to a T. I don't do any of the Sims social media stuff, so I have no idea if applesauce was/is active in the community. Hope they are doing okay and they just stepped away. So ya, I got nothing.

Shotgunning bland cucumbers since 1974
Link Ninja
#3 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 3:46 AM
I don't know what happened but pasting in here what I did in the other thread that was bumped regarding an alternate way to get Hair lists and links in case we have some wayward hair seekers:

Quote:
If you want an alt version there's this one someone has been keeping a google doc/links of

Is Nysha still the owner of ATH? I thought they were at some point.

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Mad Poster
#4 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 2:50 PM
I have never used that site to find hairs, and I have far too many in my dl folder anyway.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 7:26 PM
Nysha sent me (and likely other registered people or maybe just us who volunteered to help with the site? I unfortunately don't know which just that the email started with "hi all" so I assume it was sent to more people than just me) email explaining that some plugin they used was compromised and it was running malicious processes which caused the hosting to suspend the account. They're trying to get it back online as soon as possible.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 15th Oct 2021 at 11:08 PM
Thanks for that info, it's good to hear they're working on a solution! I don't browse that site often, but it is my main hair downloading resource.