Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 3:01 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise
Default Game keeps resetting when I load it up
So basically, every time I load up a save it always starts from square one. Like it erases everything from wishes to relationships, except careers I guess. Additionally, it always spawns the University Mascot and the Weather Stone after I boot up every save.

I was wondering if this was possibly due to some mods I have installed, more specifically the NRAAS Story Progression. If ever anyone has encountered the same problem (related to the mod or not), it would be nice to know how you dealt with it.

Thank you very much in advance!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 8:05 AM
I hope you find your solution. Have you tried clearing/deleting the scrptCache file lately or running with only NRaas mods as a test?

But I can assure you that NRaas SP alone does not do rampantly do this kind of thing. If it did, we would have hundreds of thousands of players, or at the very least a few dozen, posting about it on our own forums until our developer fixed it and that is not the case.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 3:09 PM
Does this happen with every save? In every world?
Test Subject
Original Poster
#4 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 10:21 PM
Quote: Originally posted by igazor
I hope you find your solution. Have you tried clearing/deleting the scrptCache file lately or running with only NRaas mods as a test?

But I can assure you that NRaas SP alone does not do rampantly do this kind of thing. If it did, we would have hundreds of thousands of players, or at the very least a few dozen, posting about it on our own forums until our developer fixed it and that is not the case.

Okay, so first I tried taking your advice of clearing the scriptCache but that didn't do quite anything. And then I tried the other suggestion you had, and sure enough it was not any of the NRAAS mods I had so thank you for that!

But since the problem still persisted, I tried to do something about it by trying to isolate the root of the problem by taking out mods in another folder to see and determine whether or not I could find it. Eventually, I narrowed it down to these mods (see the attached photo):

I tried to narrow it even further, however nothing seemed to change even after I took all of the aforementioned files out in my mods folder. The Weather Stone and University Mascot always spawned after loading the save files, as well as the relationships with other Sims being deleted for some reason. Now this made me wonder if somehow, my saves have been corrupted . I tried it own one of my main worlds, and on another test world with nothing in it for faster loading and it always ended the same way.
Screenshots
Test Subject
Original Poster
#6 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 10:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Norn
Does this happen with every save? In every world?

I did not try it on every save file and every world that I had owned, but I did try it on one of the main saves I played in and in another world I freshly created that I used as a test world on whether or not it would still happen, and surely enough it happened again.

At first, when I tried removing my mods folder and letting the NRAAS mods stay, everything was normal after every boot up of the save (I am referring to the new world that was created), but as I started a trial and error of which folders that seemed to cause the phenomena that was happening, the same thing of resetting happened again. I did isolate the certain files that seemed (I hope) caused the situation but even after mix-matching, and eventually removing one-by-one of the files, nothing changed back to normal .
Test Subject
Original Poster
#7 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 10:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
why don't you take out all your mods and run a clean game? Then you know if it is mods or just your game installation. Then you can go 50/50 method.

Actually to run a completely clean game, rename your TS3 user folder to a backup and let the game generate a new one.

Oh! Is that how it is supposed to be done, I did not know that lol. Thank you, I'll immediately try that!!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#8 Old 5th Dec 2021 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
why don't you take out all your mods and run a clean game? Then you know if it is mods or just your game installation. Then you can go 50/50 method.

Actually to run a completely clean game, rename your TS3 user folder to a backup and let the game generate a new one.

Okay, so it is definitely the mods that are causing the phenomena. I tried running it on a completely clean game and everything worked out fine and dandy. I tried to put in the mods one-by-one again and the same files always caused the same things to happen whenever I tried booting it up. It happened on three save files I created, from Sunset Valley to Riverview, whenever I loaded up the save files it always restarted from square one.