Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Scholar
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 7:21 PM
Default What's for dinner?
Basically its "what you got cookin' 2.0" cos the original got zapped a few days ago. It doesn't have to be dinner, you don't have to have made any of the food, but its about our favourite time of the day because we get to do our favourite thing: enjoy some delicious munchable things (liquids are acceptable too)

Also what's the Cheese category? Can I put this under Cheese cos that would be really appropriate? It's going under Cheese I'm not changing my mind unless tpb say so.

I haven't had dinner yet, but I've had lunch (which I didn't make) and it was totally delicious I had a chicken pita gyros: hummus spread on the pita, with white cabbage and carrots sliced really thin (grated?), lovely pile of shredded chicken, pickels, and homemade fries. Its the first time I've ever had one cos I just never got round to eating one. Why didn't I eat this sooner?
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 12th Sep 2020 at 7:41 PM
That sounds delicious! Though given my vegetarian nature I would prefer falafel or something like that instead of the chicken.

As I had zero sleep (really, not kidding, I mean that) last night and only 45 minutes this noon and the kids were going crazy this evening we opted for delivery pizza and asked our neighbours to give us a recommendation for a good delivery service. I had a ruccola e grana pizza and it was so good! I wolfed it down though in the silent 15 minutes before the teething baby was calling my name again
Lab Assistant
#3 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 3:32 AM
Some of that microwaveable minute pasta....but instead of using a reasonable sauce, orange sauce.

BEEP BOOP FELLOW HUMANS
Mad Poster
#4 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 3:34 PM
I had some chicken nuggets. I haven't been eating much due to my metformin dosage. Still, it was the first decent bit of solid food I had in the past couple of days.

Definitely would like a word with Dr. VB in endocrinology.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

(P.S. I'm about 5' (150cm) in height and easily scared)
Mad Poster
#5 Old 14th Sep 2020 at 4:11 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 14th Sep 2020 at 5:48 PM.
Omelette.
So. tired. of. omelette.

But chocolate cake for later (already ate some, kind of for breakfast... and ended up reorganizing my closet I guess that's what happens if you give me enough sugar for breakfast . I guess it's best to power down with some actual proper fuel...)
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 2:46 AM
Mac and cheese. Shared some with my mother.

Personal Quote: "I like my men like my sodas: tall boys." (Zevia has both 12 and 16 oz options)

Scholar
Original Poster
#7 Old 28th Sep 2020 at 5:06 PM
Lentil soup. Fact: the Turkish one will always be superior.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Sep 2020 at 3:37 AM
Piz of the za.

Because the earth is standing still, and the truth becomes a lie
A choice profound is bittersweet, no one hears Cassandra Goth cry

Test Subject
#9 Old 1st Oct 2020 at 8:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Noa1500
png to ico Basically its "what you got cookin' 2.0" cos the original got zapped a few days ago. It doesn't have to be dinner, you don't have to have made any of the food, but its about our favourite time of the day because we get to do our favourite thing: enjoy some delicious munchable things (liquids are acceptable too)

Also what's the Cheese category? Can I put this under Cheese cos that would be really appropriate? It's going under Cheese I'm not changing my mind unless tpb say so.

I haven't had dinner yet, but I've had lunch (which I didn't make) and it was totally delicious I had a chicken pita gyros: hummus spread on the pita, with white cabbage and carrots sliced really thin (grated?), lovely pile of shredded chicken, pickels, and homemade fries. Its the first time I've ever had one cos I just never got round to eating one. Why didn't I eat this sooner?

Turkey burgers, sliced cucumbers and tomatoes, sparkling mineral water and fresh blueberries.
#10 Old 4th Oct 2020 at 6:35 AM
Had some curry. The paste my dad used was made with shrimp which I can't stand but I couldn't taste it. I think he had added enough coconut milk and veggies to mask the taste.

Sadly I had to use rice with it which I know sounds great, but I'm diabetic and this limits the amount of rice I can have. The riced cauliflower went bad in the fridge even though it was only thawed for two days and this always happens when it comes in certain bags and it's really weird because everything else in them stays good. Ugh.
Mad Poster
#11 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 10:35 PM
Piña Colada flavored Shave Ice.

Did not have enough time tonight and the stove was commandeered tonight for chicken soup, because my mother caught my sick.

Mad Poster
#12 Old 7th Oct 2020 at 10:57 PM
We had burgers. Ran out of ketchup though so they were pretty dry. Eugh.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Top Secret Researcher
#13 Old 8th Oct 2020 at 5:11 AM
Leftover tacos. I don't mean tacos that are left over, I mean leftovers stuffed into a taco shell, add hot sauce and microwave.

Sims are better than us.
Top Secret Researcher
#14 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 1:16 AM
Tuna fish on stale bread, cuz someone took my bread out of the freezer way too early.
Humm. Maybe not! I just had an idea! Tuna tacos!

Sims are better than us.
Mad Poster
#15 Old 10th Oct 2020 at 2:26 AM
Israeli couscous.

Mad Poster
#16 Old 13th Oct 2020 at 4:39 AM
Udon in watered down bonito concentrate.

The soup mix powder is awful tasting. I buy concentrate of a special bonito broth. Tastes a helluva lot better than the powder it comes with.

Scholar
Original Poster
#17 Old 20th Oct 2020 at 6:33 PM
Roast chicken with fennel, aubergine, and carrots all delicious on top of a bunch of buckwheat (that's bulgur in English right? Its funny cos the packaging has every language but English)
Mad Poster
#18 Old 29th Oct 2020 at 9:19 AM
Getting me to eat is a monumental task. This is due in no small part from the metformin's effect of suppression of appetite, especially from the fact when used in my issue, binge-eating, this worked too well.

Sometimes, take out is required or simple to cook meals.

Test Subject
#19 Old 3rd Nov 2020 at 7:56 PM
I had danish rye bread with mackerel in tomatosauce (maybe only a scandinavian thing) and with mayo on top.

Open style sandwich or what we would call a "håndmad" (directly translated as hand food). It is a less fancy version of "smørrebrød".
dodgy builder
#20 Old 6th Nov 2020 at 1:14 PM
Quote: Originally posted by smukkemiss
I had danish rye bread with mackerel in tomatosauce (maybe only a scandinavian thing) and with mayo on top.

Open style sandwich or what we would call a "håndmad" (directly translated as hand food). It is a less fancy version of "smørrebrød".

Ah! "Makrell i tomat". I have never eaten that. The look reminds me of some internal organs Do you eat that for dinner? Surely that must be lunch.

I have been eating the same sausages and carbonara the last days. I also eat lasagne. I have to find something else today. I wonder about fish perhaps or just a salad. Something light.
Mad Poster
#21 Old 19th Nov 2020 at 12:39 AM
Three Cheese Tortellini with Traditional Ragú Red Sauce

I tend to have trouble feeding myself due to the suppression of my appetite from the metformin, so this means I run out of energy to stand and cook and in short, I find myself relying on my father's cooking and it's not bad, but I may want to talk to Dr. VB.

Mad Poster
#22 Old 21st Nov 2020 at 10:57 PM Last edited by PANDAQUEEN : 22nd Nov 2020 at 2:05 AM.
Loaded Baked Potato

Been a while. Since I had gone without eating for a while about a while back, it was nice to have my comfort food.

Test Subject
#23 Old 22nd Nov 2020 at 7:41 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Volvenom
Ah! "Makrell i tomat". I have never eaten that. The look reminds me of some internal organs Do you eat that for dinner? Surely that must be lunch.

I have been eating the same sausages and carbonara the last days. I also eat lasagne. I have to find something else today. I wonder about fish perhaps or just a salad. Something light.

It is not exactly pretty no haha. it is mostly for lunch, but we eat ryebread for supper 1-2 times a week. And "Makrell i tomat" is one of my favorite things to eat with it.
Mad Poster
#24 Old 24th Nov 2020 at 10:06 PM Last edited by simmer22 : 24th Nov 2020 at 10:45 PM.
^ That combo (mackerel in tomatosauce) is one of the worst things I've ever tasted. There are people who love it (how? ) but for me it's a hard nope. Mackerel on its own is okay in small quantities, and tomato sauce is fine as long as it's cooked right and not too "tomato-y" (the "raw" taste needs to be cooked out, and it must be spiced right), but the boxed combo? NopeNopeNopeNope! I came very close to throwing up... Not a big fan of pink fish either (salmon and trout - yuck!), and no sushi for me (uncooked fish? Yuck!). Mackerel and maybe another similar fish is fine in small quantities, but the taste can be somewhat overpowering so it's not something I eat often. But gimme (cooked) white fish and I'm good (cod, pollock, tusk, maybe a few other types - I'm really not good with fish names in English...). Fish and tomato sauce does not belong together (I've tried it on pizza - nope. I've tried it as a fish stew with white fish - nope. Maybe other people like it, but I don't.

As for "what's for dinner", I'm so tired of that question... I get it every day, and I'm all out of ideas. There are some ingredients I try to avoid for various reasons, which means the grocery shops are about as inspiring as a bag of frozen peas from fifteen years ago (and peas is one of the things I'm trying to avoid)... *sigh*

Today we had chicken (re-heated in the microwave from yesterday - like chewing stale, week-old bread) and veggies (cooked today, and a bit tastier than the ones I made yesterday because I sliced the broccoli and fried the sides. Yesterday I just threw the boquets in the pan with the rest of the veggies, meaning they were heated uneven).
Mad Poster
#25 Old 28th Nov 2020 at 2:22 AM
This afternoon was, no joke, one of my favorite things about Thanksgiving aside from making and eating the main feast itself- making stock! For whatever reason, anytime I have a whole bird (anything from a little itty-bitty cornish hen all the way up to a 26 pound turkey) I always want to make stock from the leftover bits. It's just so good, it's like magic! You take all the leftover bits of the bird that no one wants to eat, you add the tops and greens from the vegetables you chopped up the day before, you throw in lots of the random spices that you have WAY too much of because you foolishly said "sure, I'll take all of grandma and grandpa's old spices" when your family was clearing out their apartment a few years ago, and then you cover it with water and boil it for an afternoon and strain it out, and it magically becomes an amazing stock base that's way better than any storebought chicken stock could ever dream of! Like I said, magic!

Welcome to the Dark Side...
We lied about having cookies.
Page 1 of 4