Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 3:05 AM
Default Issues with the site/forum's links and layout
I intend this more as observation than insult in hopes that if the site's managers aren't aware of the issues they can be brought to light, so I'm sorry in advance if it comes across negatively, but at the moment it seems like your Downloads might be one of the only things functioning correctly.

Speaking from the experience of someone who has managed a forum in some form or another since 2006, the MTS community forum's current layout comes off as a disorganized mess that looks more like a stack of randomly chosen thread, subforum and profile links closer to a crude Usenet BBS than an actual forum with no sense of hierarchy or efficient indicators, and I get the impression that's not by design because it seems more like the product of buggy or incomplete CSS than any intentional redesign. Weirder still, some threads displayed on the index pages just... don't seem to even exist when the corresponding subforum is entered or their link is clicked.

Furthermore, any link related to My Journal just results in an error page telling me I don't have permission to access it, and I can't find ANY way to access the Discord because the "Connect Button" doesn't show up on the page the link brings me to refers to doesn't display at all.

Weirdly enough, this doesn't seem to impact actual threads or anything related to Downloads, so I suspect it might just be gremlins in specific page templates or something.

Again, this isn't intended as defamation but rather a way to possibly point out issues to site managers who might be too used to navigating in ways normal users wouldn't be privy to, or would have elevated permissions that wouldn't be seeing these issues for some reason or another. If I'm mistaken about any of this and there are known fixes for the issues I'll gladly accept them along with recognition as the fool I'd probably come off as.

EDIT: You can ignore the stuff about the basic forum layout, apparently it WAS a CSS hiccup... on my end. Your way of linking to specific categories and subforums in the navigation bar under both "Community" AND "Site" still comes off as a bit confusing to me as a non-regular user, but at least the actual layout seems to be logically consistent. Sorry for any confusion that might've caused.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 24th Mar 2022 at 6:42 PM
Hi there,

Thanks for the feedback. There are indeed some parts where the error messages could do with being clearer. Journals, for example, are only for Creators, rather than regular members, hence why it says no permission.

With regards to the difference between Site and Community - Site is to do with Site Issues/FAQ/Rules etc. Community is for all the non-game specific forums. I'm a little confused as to why the confusion here, especially when looking at the menu contents

With regards to Discord - my guess is that you somehow blocked the Discord widget from showing up somehow? It's an iframe, so not sure whats going on there.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.