Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 21st Sep 2022 at 9:13 AM
Default Cheapier or more realistic Prices for Vegetables, Fruit, Meat&Fishes?
i wish there was a mod who made the vegetables, fruit&meat (yes even fish) cheapier(more realistic) when my sims sells them bc some of the prices are sooo unrealstic high even standart fruits or later when there perfcet.
Is it possible make an mod like this? I got the idea of it when i reinstalled the Minimum Wage/More Realistic Earnings Mod from Madam Doofie but i refused to ask bc i was afraid
Advertisement
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#2 Old 23rd Sep 2022 at 5:41 PM
NRaas Register or NRaas Retuner allows that. But I don't remember which one.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 1st Oct 2022 at 8:29 AM
i need an mod for that. not this weirds program which i can´t handle
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 2nd Oct 2022 at 9:29 AM
Use s3pe, open up the GameplayData file in your Sims 3 program directory (inside the folder called "Game"), and export the HarvestPlant xml. Create a new project in s3pe, import the xml file you just exported, and try editing this line:

<kCostMultiplierForPlantables value="0.6, 0.7, 0.8, 0.9, 1, 1.1, 1.5, 2, 2.5, 3, 4">
<!--Cost multiplier for harvestables. Format: (Horrifying, Putrid, Foul, Bad, Neutral, Nice, VeryNice, Great, Excellent, Outstanding, Perfect).-->
</kCostMultiplierForPlantables>

Changing all of the numbers greater than 1 to 1 should bring down the prices of produce when you sell them at higher qualities.

Once you've made your edits, save the new project, name it, and place it in your Overrides mods folder.

Not sure if the same can be done for selling fish as there was no reference to a cost multiplier in its xml. It might be something done in the code, which would be more difficult to change.

If you're unfamiliar with making xml tuning mods, here's a good tutorial: Tutorial: Sims 3 XML Tuning Modding
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 8:27 AM
is it to comlicated to make an mod who reduce the prices?
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 16th Nov 2022 at 11:02 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SimKelly
is it to comlicated to make an mod who reduce the prices?

No. For harvestables, changing the price just requires a simple tuning mod. Just follow the instructions I gave in my previous post and you’ll have your mod.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 6:17 PM
really no one? and not this weirds program which i can´t or won´t handle
Virtual gardener
staff: administrator
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 6:32 PM
Honestly, Alunn's explanation and example is actually a really great starter mod, if you're interested in getting into modding. If you don't use the Nraas approach, then you'll have to do it with S3PE. There's really nothing else out there that can make this even easier than it already is.
Trainee Moderator
staff: trainee moderator
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 11:13 PM
NRaas is not a program, it is a mod. After installing, all you have to do is to click on city hall or any computer and select the option for one of these mods - as I still don't know which one would do it but one of them should do it. So, it's not a complicated programming trouble. :D
Instructor
#10 Old 24th Jan 2023 at 2:16 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Eca
NRaas is not a program, it is a mod. After installing, all you have to do is to click on city hall or any computer and select the option for one of these mods - as I still don't know which one would do it but one of them should do it. So, it's not a complicated programming trouble. :D

It’s probably NRAAS Retuner. Register covers role sims.