Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 23rd Mar 2022 at 6:11 PM
Search Function - How to Save Filters for Returns?
Okay, so here's my example - When I search for a download, I want only Sims 2 results. So I select Sims 2 from the "All Games" part of the title line when I get the page of download returns. And that's fine - I can filter the returns for Sims 2. (I learned that from another thread in this forum, so thank you for that. )

However - it doesn't save my choice for future searches. If I need to do a second search, I have to again select "All Games" and choose Sims 2. Not a big deal, I guess.

The old version of MTS could be set to save my filter options to always look for just Sims 2, based on what I originally chose as compatible downloads. Can I do that for this new version, as well? I haven't been able to find a way to. The closest I've found is an odd spot in the settings where I can opt out of certain really specific things, like TS3 patterns(?) or party wear for TS4. But that doesn't look like it would properly filter the returns to compatible downloads, and I can't find a spot where I can just set a permanent filter for Sims 2 results only. Am I overlooking it, or should I just get used to always resetting the All Games box to limit results to Sims 2?

Like I say, it's not a big deal. But if the functionality to save a permanent filter for compatible downloads exists, I want to make sure I use it. Otherwise I tend to forget I'm looking at results for things I can't actually include in my own game, and I download them before I catch my error. (Also, I get jealous of how many cool and pretty things are in TS3 and TS4 that I can't use. )
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 23rd Mar 2022 at 7:20 PM
Thanks for the feedback. The new version should work the same way as the old one - in other words, when you look at Compatible mode, it should work based on the games you have purchased in your user profile (this is how the old one worked too). From your profile it looks like you only have TS2 games and nothing else, so I'm a little puzzled why you are seeing TS3 and TS4 in the search.

Can I ask - which search are you using? The one in the navbar (Search -> type something in, press Go), or the one on the Downloads page (Downloads -> New, type something in, press Search). If I search for, say, Cursor, when on the Sims 2 Newest page I get the following URL: https://modthesims.info/downloads.p...p=1&csort=0&u=0 which would show only TS2 downloads. However, when using the Navbar, it defaults to searching All.

Let me know which one you are using so I can see if it's working correctly.

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 26th Mar 2022 at 11:55 PM
Thank you for your response! When I checked the site again today, I saw that it did save my filter options for TS2 this time, so my search results are working properly. I'm not sure why they were defaulting back to the All Games results last time - I must have been doing something goofy when searching. In any case, it's all working now, so yay! I use the search bar on that's under the list of objects types, and it's not wiping out the filters anymore.

Thanks again for responding!