Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 11:11 PM
Default What are your Sims 2 goals and resolutions for the new year(2023)?
Do you have any? Please tell!
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 22nd Jan 2023 at 11:29 PM
Mine is to get Pleasantview up to having at least a few couples and some already starting families or trying to have babies and to have it reacy a point where a shopping distrct is needed.I'm playing Pleasantview's origins 423 years in the past when it first started out.
Top Secret Researcher
#3 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 1:38 AM
I'd like to finish round 2 of my megahood lol.

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#4 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 2:14 AM
I would like to get a neighborhood past generation two. I just started a Strangetown-Pleasantview neighboorhood. So far, I've been enjoying the playthrough. So I want to get it past the premades becoming elders and dying off, and see what becomes of it. Basically, just stick with a neighborhood for once instead of starting over.
Forum Resident
#5 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 2:38 AM
I'm in the process of fixing up my Strangetown's Downtown. I've removed some of the lots, made small changes to others and then I have some ideas for new lots I wanna make.

I'm somewhat considering downloading a clean Pleasantview and peek into it every now and then the way I do with Veronaville now, that is playing one day-rotations, very sporadically, no subhoods or Downtown. I played in Pleasantview for over a decade with a CAS-sim of mine, Nina Caliente and their descendants and before that me and my older sibling had just been doing whatever in there for a couple of years, so I feel like I'm very familiar with it and hardly know it at the same time. Long story short it'd be fun to just get a feel for it and see what I think of it now. So I might.

Also I've been considering introducing something like a randomizer, plot generator or something along those lines into my gameplay, not as a constant thing but if I find myself getting bored with a household or not knowing what to do with it. Sometimes I accidentally get certain sims or households stuck in a rut instead of shaking things up in some way to make them more interesting for me to play.

I am Error.
Field Researcher
#6 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 4:00 AM
Getting back to Strangetown again after nearly 7 years of playing through all 6 hoods. Also shorten the amount of rounds I play from like 7 to two rotations per hood so it won't take me as long to get through again. I've only played each hood once so now I wanna get to a second run-through.

Another thing I wanna do is try playing some of the tons of custom hoods I installed as well.

Also I'm gonna try to get my first Servo darnit.
Lab Assistant
#7 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 4:38 AM
For my medieval fantasy hood, I hope for some princes for my currently still child Sultan and some more drama among the concubines.

For my megahood (all Maxis hoods plus the recreated Stories hoods), I hope to make it to one rotation.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 7:04 AM
Complete my custom hood for upload - and then start playing it
Field Researcher
#9 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 9:36 AM
I think I skipped 2022 due to a large backlog of games. But that seems to be taken care of, now. So, very soon, I plan to jump back into The Sims 2. That itself is the goal.
Field Researcher
#10 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 2:56 PM Last edited by LyokoGirl5000 : 23rd Jan 2023 at 7:02 PM.
Finally make a Pleasantview that I'm satisfied with and don't accidentally corrupt. That is all I want.

All's fair in love, war, and video games! ~LyokoGirl5000
Mad Poster
#11 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 3:27 PM
To help Arundel finally get a royal family installed and their social structure set up.

Once they have a ruler, they'll have an aristocracy, middle class and lower class.

I've got most of the elements ready for the improvements, it's just a matter of the pixels fulfilling some job roles.
The kids are growing up and there are potential marriages/betrothals in the offing.
Eldest sons will be going to University while their wives to be get ready for their potential marriage.

But still, there are couples who have not had one child, and a couple of pixels still not married.

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
Test Subject
#12 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 6:14 PM
Keep staying away from a corrupted neighbourhood! Fingers crossed

Had some issues with "pink stuff" the other day but turns out that wasn't corruption so I'm still good. Would hate to start Pleasantview (Skönköping) all over again!
Scholar
#13 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 6:19 PM
Finish up my hood and send it out to the unwitting masses.
Forum Resident
#14 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 7:26 PM
My goal this year is to finish out the Medieval Charter Challenge I started, and begin the Warwickshire Challenge with the same neighborhood! I took a much needed break over the last year, but am ready to dive back in

aka fir3princ3ss
My Youtube Channel
Currently playing:
-Medieval Charter Challenge on The Sims 2
-Ye Olde Royal Kingdom Challenge on The Sims 3
Instructor
#15 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 7:46 PM
My goal for this year is to reach 1000 pop on my BACC hood, but first I would have to fix the pink flashing issues lmao

Nice Rachel we're having.
My C:Simblr!
Mad Poster
#16 Old 23rd Jan 2023 at 11:49 PM
My second goal is to finish setting up my custom hood Arbor Valley built on the Arbordale terrain and have the shared version ready for sharing once I've played mine and shown what can be done in the town.The shared version only had the map cleared of all vegetation and ready for decorating and building as it's to be played by the downloader.
#17 Old 25th Jan 2023 at 10:18 PM
Um... I guess finishing Sims and projects that have been sitting in Bodyshop collecting dust? That shouldn't be too difficult... if I can get out of the rabbit hole called The Sims 4 for long enough.
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 26th Jan 2023 at 7:44 PM
Winter just started and it would be nice to start into 2024 with spring. I play 1 day per rotation, Uberhood with all the premades and their kids, and the seasons are 5 days long. So 5 big rotations it is.

Sorry for my grammar errors - english is not my native language :)
Mad Poster
#19 Old 29th Jan 2023 at 6:50 PM
Right, well, now I have the idea of townie-run businesses, this is totally a thing I will be doing AND it gives me a use for all the annoying/useless townies that got spammed accidentally into my hood :D

Secondly, I'd like to get a combination of Romantic Standards and ACR working that I'm happy with.

Third, I want to add some more playables into my British style hood.

Maybe see if I can dig out an old backup of Sedona to play that - I miss those sims.

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Test Subject
#20 Old 14th Feb 2023 at 2:45 AM Last edited by JamesArsenault : 17th Mar 2023 at 1:57 PM.
Publish my custom hood and begin playing it after completion.
Forum Resident
#21 Old 14th Feb 2023 at 5:22 AM
To get back to my Sedona neighborhood, and play a few rounds of my Medieval hood.

For my physical health, I can't eat cheesecake everyday.
For my mental health, I imagine eating cheesecake everyday.
It's a delicate balance.
Scholar
#22 Old 14th Feb 2023 at 2:55 PM
To actually reinstall my Sims 2, get it up and running again, install all the needed mods, the clean templates, etc etc... and finally PLAY!! I've been procrastinating over this for nearly a year (it seems like so much effort/hassle to get the game working) but I really want to play again, so I need to get this sorted, lol!!

...Titanium white...
Mad Poster
#23 Old 18th Feb 2023 at 7:18 PM
I've got the Jankowskys wanting to really get settled in on their homestead in my Pleasantview game and be prepaored for the coming winter.Andy and Carol Pleasant want to get safely over to the new colonial settlement and start new lives in the colony where they have a chance to farm owned land and to make a modest fortune to leave to a kid.
Meet Me In My Next Life
#24 Old 19th Feb 2023 at 12:48 AM
My goal for 2023 is to start making my rounds in each of my two neighborhoods one is my Custom hood name Shanghai ( all Asian community ) And Pleasantview.
I need to go to each households ( which I find hard to do at time. )

"Nothing in life is a Surprise it just happen to come your way at the time".
Mad Poster
#25 Old 21st Feb 2023 at 3:15 AM Last edited by AndrewGloria : 21st Feb 2023 at 3:25 AM.
The last time I did one of these, there were several things for individual Sims that I wanted to do. But now most of my Sims are more or less where I want them to be (and I hope where they want to be too!), so about the only thing I can think of is to let Fay Briggs have her baby in Monopolis. While on the subject of babies, I might even return to Pleasantview, and let Brandi have her baby. I mean she's only been pregnant for nine years now! (Arguably even longer -- since 2004, since Maxis made her pregnant before Skip was drowned! It's about nine years since I briefly played her in Pleasantview though.)

But what I really hope to achieve is to learn a lot more about Body Shop meshing and recolouring. At the moment, I'm tinkering on the edges of Milkshape adding comments to some CC meshes, which somehow fix the "Bright CAS" problem, but in reality I have no idea what the comments I add mean, or how and why they work. I would love to be able to do Body Shop meshing properly, probably starting with shoe changes and age conversions. When I look at the Body Shop Meshing tutorials here, they say thorough competence in Body Shop recolouring is an essential before attempting meshing. Now I've been messing around in Body Shop for years. I made my first basic recolour and alpha edit even before I made Andrew and Gloria (and Andrew's still got the resulting underpants in his wardrobe though he rarely wears them now). And I've got a lot of clothes that I've made myself in my game; my Sims frequently wear my creations. But, apart from one tutorial that I worked through several years ago, I've never done any "proper" Body Shop recolouring. It's all been "quick and dirty": alpha edits to make outfits topless or briefer, taking bits of full body outfits (especially ones using the nude mesh) and making them into separates, combining bits of full body outfits to make new combinations, doing teen to adult and adult to teen conversions if I could find matching meshes. I even did a little actual recolouring by changing the colour mix of the whole outfit, using Microsoft Office 97 Photo Viewer, which I used to have on an old computer, and varying the Red/Green/Blue mix or Hue, Saturation and Gamma (whatever they are). But I've never properly learned to use the more comprehensive graphics editing programs like Photoshop or GIMP. I think I have to learn if I'm going to get anywhere. The ability to work with layers is probably essential if I'm ever going to make alpha and bump map files that match up with the main recolour file. I have both Photoshop Elements and latterly also GIMP on my old computer, but so far nothing comparable on my new (2020) gaming laptop. To make a start, I've just downloaded GIMP, and I'll install it tomorrow after doing a computer backup.

As if that wasn't enough, I'd also like to learn more about Simantics scripting. If I could do Body Shop meshing and recolouring properly, and a bit of Simantics modding, I feel I might be on my way to being a "proper" Simmer. And there's also my long standing issue with exorbitant bills for Dorm residents. My uni Sims really need me to write and "Affordable Bills at Uni" mod, especially as I play semesters much longer than the game's 3 days.

All Sims are beautiful -- even the ugly ones.
My Simblr ~~ My LJ
Sims' lives matter!
The Veronaville kids are alright.
Page 1 of 2