Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Education Career, Full-Time

by iamrosa Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:55 PM

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 142 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 7
Test Subject
#51 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Dan624
Did you put it in your documents because you DON'T

Put it in your mod folder under the sims 3 on your computer...for windows it is Computer>C:> program (86 bit)> electronic arts> sims 3> mods...and when it is unzipped it goes to the package file (if it is the package)....

Also did you download the WinRAR thing that unzipes the zip flies cause that is important for this entire process...

I had a weird time downloading and when I did the helper monkey soi I have been doing it manually and nothing bad has happened (knock on wood) if there are any problems after thyat I am sorruy but I cant help you...

yeah i already had done all that, but i just downloaded the monkeybars framework installer and it turns out that the framework or something (im not very technical with these things) was in the wrong place, used that to correct it and now it works thanks for your help though
Scholar
#52 Old 5th Jan 2010 at 11:48 PM
ive been waiting for this for sooo long thanks!
Test Subject
#53 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 12:54 AM
Aaaaaaaah! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now my Indiana Jones sim can have the job in education he needs! I cannot believe they didn't have that. Who has been teaching the children? Hmmmmmm? Some robot? Or Gnome? You have fixed this oversight, thank you again. :o)
Lab Assistant
#54 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 5:20 AM
This is awesome. Looks like you did a great job on it.
Now if only someone could do an adult film star career. LOL!
Mad Poster
#55 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 9:06 AM
Works like a dream, no need for more opportunities, there is alot popping up in my game for logic, so I am not worried about them. Just wanted to let you know everything is going great.

Resident member of The Receptacle Refugees
Let's help fund mammograms for everyone. If you want to help, Click To Give @ The Breast Cancer Site Your click is free. Thank you.
Test Subject
#56 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 6:28 PM
Weird but I can't get it to work at all. I'm running the 1.4 patch which in the description it says it was compatible with. I, also, have the nraas mods. I installed another career mod and that one showed up just fine. I've got it installed in the right place. I'm wondering if it's interfering with part time janitor job from nraas.
Test Subject
#57 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 7:12 PM
Default Ahaha!
Quote: Originally posted by Adrea
Aaaaaaaah! Thank you, thank you, thank you! Now my Indiana Jones sim can have the job in education he needs! I cannot believe they didn't have that. Who has been teaching the children? Hmmmmmm? Some robot? Or Gnome? You have fixed this oversight, thank you again. :o)

Lmao! I love you for that!

The download has two files in it. Do we have to use BOTH of them?
Test Subject
#58 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 8:22 PM
I need help
So I got my game off started correctly except when I installed to sims 3, it didn't show up. Then I made the mistake of using sims 3 hacks and now it's screwed up my game. I deleted the files but it's still funky, help?
Test Subject
#59 Old 6th Jan 2010 at 9:33 PM
I just downloaded this career (which i was totally excited about by the way!) and twallan's career set. but niether show up in m game!! I haven't downloaded any custom careers yet, and I did download the second package file. I use the TS3 Helper Monky to install zip files and it says they he been installed. I have WA and all of the latest updates for my game. I no idea what might have gone wrong. Any ideas??:\
Test Subject
#60 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 12:21 AM
Some of these seem a little weird, in my opinion, I think some could be adjusted (I'm simply just trying to give feedback ^^;
Level 1 - Crossing Guard
Level 2 - Volunteer
Level 3 - Substitute Teacher
Level 4 - Elementry Teacher
Level 5 - Middle-School Teacher
Level 6 - High School Teacher
Level 7 - Vice Principal
Level 8 - Principal
Level 9 - Superintendant
Level 10(?) - Secretary of Education (although this would probably be at the town hall instead)
Test Subject
#61 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:40 AM
portuguese version, please!
Test Subject
#62 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 3:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kksims
I just downloaded this career (which i was totally excited about by the way!) and twallan's career set. but niether show up in m game!! I haven't downloaded any custom careers yet, and I did download the second package file. I use the TS3 Helper Monky to install zip files and it says they he been installed. I have WA and all of the latest updates for my game. I no idea what might have gone wrong. Any ideas??:\

I have the exact same problem
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 4:10 AM
Thanks so much! Its great!
Will test tommorow! :D

Cheers! =D

lkandak
Test Subject
#64 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 5:29 AM
Great job! Thanks!
Test Subject
#65 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 11:10 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kksims

I've got the same problem
Test Subject
Original Poster
#66 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 1:48 PM Last edited by iamrosa : 21st Jan 2010 at 11:16 AM. Reason: This mod should work with Awesomemod. Thanks everyone!
Default New Notes!
Quote: Originally posted by SnowSong
This is awesome. Looks like you did a great job on it.
Now if only someone could do an adult film star career. LOL!

That is actually the really big fancy one I've been working on for weeks and weeks. It has Career Events and Opportunities, the whole nine yards! Hehehe, just a little more testing and I'll be submitting it to SexySims2... The Adult Entertainment Career !

For the people having issues:
Hey everyone! Please read everything, and I mean EVERYTHING, written in the Overview. I repeat, everything. It will answer most of your questions. If my career or twallan's career mod are not showing up, you probably do NOT have MATY's framework installed (or installed correctly), the specific instructions for which are in these previous posts if you'll just read on page 2. If you have WA installed, I know that it will work fine if WA is in the same Electronic Arts directory as your Sims 3 game, but the mod MUST be installed in the Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder, not anywhere in World Adventures' directories. Also, this career, and any career based on the same framework from twallan of NRaas Industries, is compatible with all of his careers and any other career made with the framework. That is what makes it so cool.

About the different level suggestions:
Thanks for your feedback, but I made a real effort to make things as realistic as possible while still allowing for a full range of career levels. If you're a real teacher, you will very rarely switch among levels like elementary, middle, or high school. In fact, teachers that hang around even stay in the same grade for most of their teaching careers, and as a teacher myself, I can tell you it is NOT a promotion to go from elementary to middle school, hahaha. Usually, you choose which age of children you want to teach in college, and stick with it until you get promoted into administrative positions. But it's still good to hear what other people are thinking though!

As you all can see, careers are a bit more complicated than any of us thought, but I'm ready to help with the problems you're having! I will start sending out the text to the translators who have volunteered this weekend!
Test Subject
#67 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 6:14 PM
I don't have awesome mod and I have made sure the frame work is installed and it is still not working
Lab Assistant
#68 Old 7th Jan 2010 at 11:37 PM
I feel bad I usually don't post a comment, but for this I absoutely had to. Thank you!!
Test Subject
#69 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 12:51 AM
french version please...
Test Subject
#70 Old 8th Jan 2010 at 1:01 AM
Quote: Originally posted by axelrocks123
I don't have awesome mod and I have made sure the frame work is installed and it is still not working

I was just about to post the exact same thing. I followed the framework instructions. I do not have awesome mod. I do have nraas and it is not showing up.
Test Subject
#71 Old 9th Jan 2010 at 12:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by axelrocks123

Same here. A followed all the instructions and its still not there
Lab Assistant
#72 Old 10th Jan 2010 at 3:12 PM
Just posting to tell this works with Awesomemod/NRaas Career mod installed.

Quote: Originally posted by iamrosa
That is actually the really big fancy one I've been working on for weeks and weeks. It has Career Events and Opportunities, the whole nine yards! Hehehe, just a little more testing and I'll be submitting it to SexySims2... The Adult Entertainment Career!

Haha that's so cool, will be perfect for my not so fortunate sims, can't wait for it to come out!
Top Secret Researcher
#73 Old 14th Jan 2010 at 10:13 PM
Quote: Originally posted by iamrosa
you either have Awesomemod installed, which I do not think is compatible

The Careers Mod itself should be compatible with Awesome... I have never heard any reports of a conflict between them.

By the way: Excellent Work.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Test Subject
#74 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 2:32 AM
thank you!! great job
Test Subject
#75 Old 16th Jan 2010 at 6:38 AM
Thanks Sooo Much! You're Awesome ^^
Page 3 of 7