Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Sims 3 Education Career, Full-Time

by iamrosa Posted 3rd Jan 2010 at 1:55 PM

167 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 142 Feedback Posts, 24 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 7
Test Subject
#76 Old 17th Jan 2010 at 3:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ldms510
Awesome! I do have one request though... can you make a version with a level of substitute teacher? if only they could return home everyday humiliated and exhausted LOL

BEST IDEA EVER xD
Scholar
#77 Old 18th Jan 2010 at 12:29 PM
I tried it and it works like a charm I have no clue why did EA not put an education career in the base game, seriously!!! thank you like most people said this is the best idea ever.

P.S I can not wait for the adult entertainment career on Sexysims 2 :D
Test Subject
#78 Old 19th Jan 2010 at 1:58 AM Last edited by Sim Expert : 19th Jan 2010 at 5:18 AM.
I download this career but I am the Principal level and I can't seem to hold meetings. Why is this? Please tell me. I do have awesome installed along with Cyperops no bills and show hidden skills and instant skill gain. and Cyperops buy all fruit and ingredients Carrigon's lifetime trainer. and Simkids family starter mod. So if you can help me please tell me. Thank you I forgot to mention I have WA installed with the latest patch.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#79 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 11:33 AM
I'm sorry to hear that so many are having issues with the mod not showing up. I could use a few more specifics: for example, are you trying to join the career at the school or through the mailbox cheat (since you CAN'T, as I stated before, join in that way); do you see the little bubble when your game starts up that says the careers are there; do you see nothing at all? To be honest, if you have installed twallan's NRaas Careers Mod and it's not showing up, then there's no way my career will show up. It depends entirely upon his career framework and MATY's mod framework being present, and since we know that both of them are tried and true and work, let's begin there.

NOTE:
Excuse me if this seems like stating the obvious, but in case of oversight, if you DO NOT have the NRaas Careers Mod, download Education Career 1; if you DO have the NRaas Careers Mod, download Education Career 2, because if you have both NRaas Careers Mod and my Education Career 1 in there together, they will no doubt conflict and cause the apocalypse.

First off, there are a lot of mods out there right now that have some problems that cause issues in gameplay, that can be corrected with Delphy's Blue Lot Fixer. Not sure if that may be affecting any of this, can't see why it would, but I'd recommend that everyone check through their mods anyway since it can help avoid a lot of headaches later. But primarily, I'd try pulling out all of your mods except the career-related ones and start a test game to see if the career shows up at the school, and bit by bit, add the other mods back in to see which ones are causing the issue. Starting this folder by folder (assuming they're organized in some way) instead of mod by mod can actually narrow it down pretty quickly. I know it's a pain, but because we know the career works in general, I can only think that something else must be conflicting with the mod upon loading to keep it from appearing in-game. And of course, if all else fails, a clean reinstall with clean patching can solve almost any problem. That's a bit extreme so I hope that's not necessary!

Hope this helps some of you, and if it doesn't, post me with specifics if you can.

RE: HOLD MEETINGS
You can't actually hold meetings outside of work, if that's what you mean. It's only an option while you're working during normal hours, just like Work Hard, Business as Usual, etc. If you can't get your work done at work, you need a new job! ;D
Test Subject
#80 Old 21st Jan 2010 at 11:19 PM
As for this, you need to download the framework (link is in the Overview) and place Resource.cfg and the Mods folder in the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/ folder, but be sure to place d3dx9_31.dll in the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin/ folder. This latter placement is essential. When you are installing any mods, including this one, place it in the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages folder. That's it.

Okay so here is my problem. I have downloaded this file amnd i cant get it work and i looked at my d3dx9_31.dll file adn found it at the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin but this one up there says that it should be in a folder but i dont know what folder in the bin file? the file is downloaded into the right one package folder and i have the resource is also there BUT its in a diffrent folder named files. so when i enter the mods folder i can choose between files where the resource file is or i can choose packages where i put my downloaded files.

please please please help me its driving me insane!!!
Test Subject
#81 Old 22nd Jan 2010 at 10:00 AM
Oh my gods, so many thanks. I have been dying to be able to have my Sim who is supposed to work as a teacher, be a teacher!
Test Subject
#82 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 6:33 AM
i cant find my game bin folder so i cant get the career to work can anyone give me direct instructions please
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 23rd Jan 2010 at 10:08 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Bth64
i cant find my game bin folder so i cant get the career to work can anyone give me direct instructions please

Well, if you didn't change the folder during installation, the exact name of the folder depends on your language. It is (as far as I know) a translation of "The Sims 3". Search your harddrive for it. Or try searching for "Electronic Arts". (The default english one is "C:\Programs\Electronic Arts\The Sims 3")
From you Sims 3-folder (NOT the one in your user-profile!) just navigate to "Game" and then to "Bin"
Test Subject
Original Poster
#84 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 3:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by krook
Okay so here is my problem. I have downloaded this file amnd i cant get it work and i looked at my d3dx9_31.dll file adn found it at the Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin but this one up there says that it should be in a folder but i dont know what folder in the bin file? the file is downloaded into the right one package folder and i have the resource is also there BUT its in a diffrent folder named files. so when i enter the mods folder i can choose between files where the resource file is or i can choose packages where i put my downloaded files.

Um... hmm. Ok, it sounds like your d3dx9_31.dll is in the right place. The folder it should be in IS the Game/Bin folder. As for Files... well, I'm not sure that should even be there. Your Resource.cfg should be in Programs/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3 folder, just out there on its own. When you go into Mods, you would usually only see a Packages folder, or perhaps a Packages folder with an additional Probation or Test folder, but those are more for developers than for end users, and you should only be putting your non-sims3pack downloads (all of them, including mods, in-game objects, anything that says ".package" at the end) in the Mods/Packages folder. Just make sure everything is located in the following:

Resource.cfg >>> Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3
d3dx9_31.dll >>> Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Game/Bin
All Mods >>> Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages

Hope this gets you up and running!
Test Subject
#85 Old 24th Jan 2010 at 1:05 PM
Help! When I tried to extract the d3dx9_31.dll into the sims bin folder it says an error #25325.What did I do wrong?!
Test Subject
#86 Old 25th Jan 2010 at 8:29 PM Last edited by HugeLunatic : 25th Jan 2010 at 9:31 PM.
Default not qualified to decide featured uploads
Really. It's A-W-E-S-O-M-E!!!
PS: I'm Spanish.

Excuse my writing manner, i am spanish and don't speak very well english. Thanks anyway.
Forum Resident
#87 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 1:30 AM
Impressive, I think this is the first new career I've encountered :D

Congratulations on the well deserved pick!
Test Subject
#88 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 3:36 AM
lol you should make a part time job
Lab Assistant
#89 Old 27th Jan 2010 at 9:11 PM
Quote: Originally posted by moon_kitty4
Help! When I tried to extract the d3dx9_31.dll into the sims bin folder it says an error #25325.What did I do wrong?!

Sounds like you have Win7/Vista and an older archiving-program. You need administrator rights to write into that folder under Win7/Vista. I suppose whatever program you use to unzip the archive can't handle that.
Try extracting the archive into a subfolder of your user (e.g. Documents) and then move the file in explorer.
Test Subject
#90 Old 30th Jan 2010 at 2:14 AM
Thank you for this, works great. I also have your, other, career mod. While they work fine together in game, the dashboard compatibility viewer says that they conflict with each other. I am on WA 2.3, and as i said they both show up in game, was just curious about the potential conflict.
Test Subject
#91 Old 31st Jan 2010 at 6:42 PM
You create a folder in the Sims 3 folder which you can find in the Electronic Arts folder in Program Files and you name this new folder Mods and then you place them in there But obviously after extracting the files from the zipped folder.

I think this is the way, I am new to this so if anyone can correct me, please do
Test Subject
#92 Old 10th Feb 2010 at 2:39 AM
ok i have tried this and that how does the jobs come up, when do this job show up in the paper or on the computer for the sim to get this dam job??? i want one of them to have this job but it never comes up?? very sad:<
Top Secret Researcher
#93 Old 11th Feb 2010 at 8:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by venuswitch
when do this job show up in the paper or on the computer for the sim

Provided you have properly installed the mod and framework, you can simply click on the School rabbithole and apply for the job in that manner.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Lab Assistant
#94 Old 12th Feb 2010 at 3:05 AM Last edited by Shyblue93 : 12th Feb 2010 at 3:22 AM.
Sorry to bother Im still so use to TS2

Just so were clear, the term "Mods" means the same thing as "Custom Content"
In which case all my cc or mods go into Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages
that I have downloaded from modthesims or some other place (i.e peggyzone)
and downloads from The Sims 3 website get installed via the TS3 Launcher.

Thanks.
Test Subject
#95 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 2:45 AM
Quote: Originally posted by twallan
Provided you have properly installed the mod and framework, you can simply click on the School rabbithole and apply for the job in that manner.

Cheers.

ok i am sorry, but what are rabbit holes??? not sure of all this terms in this game?? i am a dufus sometimes lol.... where is it???
Test Subject
#96 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 11:52 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Shyblue93
Sorry to bother Im still so use to TS2

Just so were clear, the term "Mods" means the same thing as "Custom Content"
In which case all my cc or mods go into Program Files/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/Mods/Packages
that I have downloaded from modthesims or some other place (i.e peggyzone)
and downloads from The Sims 3 website get installed via the TS3 Launcher.

Thanks.

yes for the must part you are right some of the other sites us the luancher too, and some use the us this formate...
Test Subject
#97 Old 13th Feb 2010 at 3:54 PM
Ive put the .dll in the bin folder, ive put the cfg file in Sims3 folder and have put this download in mod\packages but still i cant choose this career........does it still work in World Adventure? Or is it only for Sims3 basic?
Anyone can help?
Test Subject
#98 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 2:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Whitewidow
Ive put the .dll in the bin folder, ive put the cfg file in Sims3 folder and have put this download in mod\packages but still i cant choose this career........does it still work in World Adventure? Or is it only for Sims3 basic?
Anyone can help?

same here...plz help~~~
Test Subject
#99 Old 18th Feb 2010 at 3:00 PM
does this mod work with the high end loft stuff pack and the new update??
Top Secret Researcher
#100 Old 19th Feb 2010 at 6:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by kimba0791
does this mod work with the high end loft stuff pack and the new update??

The Careers Mod is compatible with the latest patch.

Cheers.

NRaas Industries: Sims 3 Mods for the Discerning Player, hosted by The Wikispaces.
Page 4 of 7