Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

(UPDATE: 31-JUL-2016) The Professional Juice Bar Mod

by icarus_allsorts Posted 2nd Jul 2014 at 8:17 PM - Updated 30th Jul 2016 at 5:44 PM by icarus_allsorts : Mod Update

165 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 113 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 7
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#26 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 2:00 AM
Finally a mod which doesn't have to force to go to Edit Town and recplace the Juice Bars, with the Professional ones! Icarus, you sir are a genius! Thank you so so much! :D
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#27 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 3:40 AM
Thanks to everyone who's checked the mod out so far

Quote: Originally posted by desiree101
I think this will be the answer to my query about being able to have a mixologist sim make money at home!
DeeSim

Unfortunately this mod doesn't unlock the feature to earn money while tending the bar at home. I did leave a NRaas forum post on how you can possibly unlock it your self but that will require a separate XML tuning mod:
Quote:
Oh, and to deesim and anyone else interested in tending a bar as a home business, it looks like that doesn't require a script mod to do. (Haven't tested it myself but I suspect what I'm about to suggest SHOULD work)

If you made an XML tuning mod to edit the Bars XML (or already have a tuning mod that edits this XML, e.g. one that changes the opening/closing times or/and the types of food and drinks served in the Late Night bars and other venues), open up the XML using S3PE and then Notepad and CTRL+F to look for the lines

<Venue>Residential</Venue>
<PriceMultiplier>0</PriceMultiplier>

As far as I can tell from the code EA doesn't specifically block moonlighting sims from being paid when they tend the bar on residential lots, but the price multiplier above means they earn 0 times the original cost of every drink they make, so just change the value to 1 (or any non zero number you like) and that SHOULD allow your sims to earn cash from serving other sims drinks at home. (btw, if you wanted to do this via Retuner, you can't sadly since it's table based tuning)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#28 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 3:55 AM
You sir, have answered my prayers and I salute you for it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#29 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 4:56 AM
Wow, been a long time since I last saw a mod this useful here. Great job!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 5:00 AM
Been looking for something like this since after Late Night. Thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#31 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 5:10 AM
WOW! This is really helpful. Finally I don't have to replace every juice bar in the town.

And here are the translations for both CHS and CHT:
Enable Professional Bar interactions - 啟用專業酒吧互動
Disable Professional Bar interactions - 禁用專業酒吧互動

Thanks for your great work, icarus.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#32 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 9:15 AM
I have been waiting for this mod ever since Late Night was released. Thank you so much!
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#33 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 9:29 AM
ThankYooooooooouuuu!!! This made my day! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 10:26 AM
This is awesome. I have wanted this for so long! Thank you.
Scholar
THANKS POST
#35 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:35 AM
OMG!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#36 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:58 AM
Oh my gosh, am I excited about this mod! Where have you been my whole life? Okay, only since Late Night...lol. I'm always wasting time replacing the regular juice bar, with the professional. Yahoo! I can't wait to play my game again now. I don't have to replace all the bars anymore. Can you tell I'm excited? Good job on this mod...and thank you so very much for sharing this with the community.
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#37 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:43 PM
i must confess my undying love for your mods, icarus! this takes the pressure off of me a whole lot, in terms of gameplay. it always bothered me how the beach (in SV) and the lots that came with showtime didn't have the professional bars. although, i did notice.. (in that karaoke place that came with showtime?) that the 'proprietor' was making drinks and he kind of intercepted the mixologist. other than that, no issues here. thank you again
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#38 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 12:57 PM
You're currently one of the best (if not THE best) modder available on MTS. Thank you A LOT for this work, it has always been a huge frustration to me before you made this mode possible. Ice bar venue from Seasons, here I come!
Scholar
#39 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 2:29 PM
Quote: Originally posted by icarus_allsorts
Thanks to everyone who's checked the mod out so far

Unfortunately this mod doesn't unlock the feature to earn money while tending the bar at home. I did leave a NRaas forum post on how you can possibly unlock it your self but that will require a separate XML tuning mod:

Oh, sorry, I didn't see that. Yep, I can do that, that sounds easy enough. That's so good that it doesn't need a script mod to be done! Thank you, again Icarus.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 3:02 PM
Awesome!!!! Finally I don't have to go and change bars in homes and don't have to rework homes to fit in bigger bars. This will make gameplay so much better!!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 4:03 PM
Excellent idea!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#42 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 4:22 PM
This is awesome! Thanks! :)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#43 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 5:55 PM
Awesome! Thanks!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#44 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 7:08 PM
Thank you so much! It's such a hassle to replace every juice bars with professional bars when starting a new town - thats over now omg! :D
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#45 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 7:58 PM
Thank you thank you thank you!

Not only is it amazing that we can now use the regular juice bars on community lots as actual bars, but we can practice making more advanced drinks on residential lots, too.

I can't tell you how long I've been looking for a mod like this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 9:08 PM
Can't thank you enough of making this wonderful lifesaver =)
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#47 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 9:50 PM
You've made my day too!! Now I don't have to replace the juice bars in Varg's Tavern in every new save I'll start!! Thank you!!!

And the translation for PT-BR (if you don't have it already):
Enable Professional Bar interactions - Ativar interações de Bar Profissional
Disable Professional Bar interactions - Desativar interações de Bar Profissional
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#48 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 10:23 PM
I'm in love! I've been looking for something like this for an age

Thanks a Million!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#49 Old 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:02 PM Last edited by FlyingAce : 3rd Jul 2014 at 11:17 PM. Reason: added translations
Pure genius. :D Thanks a lot!

BTW, the Spanish translations if you still need them:

Enable Professional Bar interactions - Activar interacciones de Bar Profesional
Disable Professional Bar interactions - Desactivar interacciones de Bar Profesional
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#50 Old 4th Jul 2014 at 12:28 AM
I just wanted to chime in with the thanks. This is one invaluable mod that should have been introduced a long time ago. Thanks to people like you we can truly enjoy our games without hassle.

Cheers!
Page 2 of 7