Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Put Books Away Mod v6

by scumbumbo Posted 15th Nov 2014 at 5:28 PM - Updated 7th Aug 2015 at 2:51 AM by scumbumbo : Updated for July 9 game patch

105 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 51 Feedback Posts, 53 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 5
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#76 Old 21st Jul 2015 at 12:55 PM
God bless this mod i was getting fired at my sims never putting their books away thank you omg
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#77 Old 22nd Jul 2015 at 11:52 PM
helpful and really appreciate the work and effort into the smallest mods (((:
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#78 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 2:47 PM
Awesome. Thanks.
Deceased
Original Poster
#79 Old 7th Aug 2015 at 2:51 AM
This mod has been checked and no changes are required for the latest (August 8) game patch.

A minor bug was fixed in the script portion of version 6 of the mod and the upload has been updated. If you previously upgraded to version 6, this can correct some issues when sims "reset" themselves due to a game failure. If you have Keep Instruments in Inventory you would also need to update your copy of that mod to ensure the two mod's scripts are identical.
Test Subject
#80 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 12:58 PM
Sorry to bother you with a stupid question but I've never installed a script mosd before and I have a hard time understanding the instructions! I have a Mac so I can't "open" zip-files like in Windows, only convert them to folders, so when I unzip I am left with the original zip and a folder containing a package-file and a ts4script-file. What should I do next?
Deceased
Original Poster
#81 Old 11th Aug 2015 at 3:30 PM
Quote: Originally posted by pixled
Sorry to bother you with a stupid question but I've never installed a script mosd before and I have a hard time understanding the instructions! I have a Mac so I can't "open" zip-files like in Windows, only convert them to folders, so when I unzip I am left with the original zip and a folder containing a package-file and a ts4script-file. What should I do next?

No problem, there are no stupid questions (actually there are, but this isn't really one of them!), just take both the package and the ts4script file that you unzipped and copy or move them into your mods folder. Your mods folder should then look something like the attached screenshot. You can then remove the folder that was temporarily created for unzipping, or keep it as an archive.
Screenshots
Top Secret Researcher
#82 Old 13th Aug 2015 at 8:31 AM
So I put the latest updated version of this mod in my game. My Sims are not putting books away. They just close them and that's it. I've attached my lastException file.
Attached files:
File Type: rar  lastException.rar (815 Bytes, 13 downloads)
Instructor
#83 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 2:37 AM
I'm having issues also with the v6 version. My Sims leave their books everywhere but the bookcase.

You only live once make the most of it..:)
Deceased
Original Poster
#84 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 6:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by claudiasharon
So I put the latest updated version of this mod in my game. My Sims are not putting books away. They just close them and that's it. I've attached my lastException file.

That exception is caused by a missing line in the script file that I corrected. Make sure that both the Put Books Away and Keep Instruments (if you have that one as well) scripts are dated August 6th. You can download version 6 again and install over it if you're not sure.

Sims will occasionally not put books away (but typically with this mod they should). Usually if they choose not to it will be because they can't find a bookshelf, but sometimes they've just decided "Oh, I have something better to do" (even when that something better is to stand around like a statue). It's very frustrating when it starts breaking again. It used to work nearly perfectly, until EA changed something somewhere about how they prioritize putting things away.

The worst bit that can happen is that a sim will get stuck with a book in their hand sometimes and there's usually nothing you can do about it but reset that sim manually. So yes, even after getting the updated v6 script, there are still some issues and the mod needs to be revisited one of these days. In the meantime, sorry for the imperfections, but it is still better than the default behavior most of the time.
Top Secret Researcher
#85 Old 21st Aug 2015 at 11:55 AM
Thanks scumbumbo. I reinstalled it just in case (even thought the date on it was August 11th) so hopefully it'll work as intended, for the most part. Hopefully one day you'll get the chance to revamp the mod, but for now it is 10 times better than vanilla.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#86 Old 31st Aug 2015 at 9:09 AM
Thank you for created this mod! It's very good.
Deceased
Original Poster
#87 Old 2nd Sep 2015 at 3:13 AM
This mod has been checked and no changes are required for the latest (September 1, 2015) game patch.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#88 Old 9th Sep 2015 at 5:13 AM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#89 Old 3rd Oct 2015 at 7:36 AM
Does this need updating for the September 24th patch or not?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 6th Oct 2015 at 12:07 AM
thanks
Deceased
Original Poster
#91 Old 9th Oct 2015 at 4:09 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Awesomeness!1412
Does this need updating for the September 24th patch or not?

Sorry, yes it had been checked and it should be fine.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#92 Old 24th Oct 2015 at 8:51 PM
Hihi! Nice mod! But I've got a feedback. I believe this mod conflicts with the resurrection from Book of Life. I tried the Book of Life on a ghost with this mod, what happened was that a "resurrection" would queue, but then it would be pushed upward by the "Putting book back" action. Thing is, resurrection requires the destruction of the Book of Life, but the game doesn't know how to destroy the book once it's been moved into the shelf, hence the resurrection fails.

Nope, cancelling the "Putting book back" action doesn't help, the action itself persisted, lol. The only solution I found, if you wanna keep the mod, is to sell or move ALL the bookshelves into the build inventory. Hope this help, lol.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#93 Old 26th Oct 2015 at 4:52 PM
Thank you for this mod, my sims are constantly leaving their books on the kitchen table so no one can eat there.
Field Researcher
#94 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 8:36 PM
This mod has stopped working
Test Subject
#95 Old 8th Dec 2015 at 10:08 PM
need 2 update. Very usful pack of mods from autor... Pls, pls, pls up to date!
Test Subject
#96 Old 13th Dec 2015 at 11:42 AM
This mod needs to be updated. Some recent update zapped it.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#97 Old 29th Feb 2016 at 2:08 PM
yep now i can solve that problem
Test Subject
#98 Old 14th May 2016 at 9:22 AM
This mod no longer works.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#99 Old 19th Oct 2016 at 12:44 PM
I would love to know when this will be updated please?
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#100 Old 31st Dec 2016 at 4:55 AM
mod no longer works
Page 4 of 5