Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vase for Garden Flowers

by plasticbox Posted 27th Jul 2015 at 7:06 AM - Updated 21st Dec 2015 at 2:15 AM by plasticbox

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 4
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#26 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Mindy042
That's exactly what is happening to me too

So what is your game version then, are you on 1.7.something too?

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
#27 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 10:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by plasticbox
So what is your game version then, are you on 1.7.something too?

I don't know. :D
But it wasn't updated since "Get to work".
Lab Assistant
#28 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 10:11 PM
Quote:
Your bluebell also looks smaller to me than in my game ..

I thought so too! I'm glad you said that, I think they ARE smaller! If they're on a surface and I go to move the surface, they show as the normal (bigger) size, once I deselect the surface they revert to being tiny. I'm not sure why... Anywho! Glad I'm not just seeing things.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#29 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 10:15 PM
I had to try this out in game and I'm here to tell you, you are a genius sir! I LOVE this! It's a little tricky but I used MOO right from the start, you have to catch it quick as the flower goes into the vase and to look at it sideways, the flowers look like they are floating, but I will definitely take it. I just don't look at it sideways, lol.

Finally someone found a way to use the flowers in the game besides selling them. Thank you, thank you! :-)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#30 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 10:56 PM
Just another thing to make the game more fun, thanks a mil!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 27th Jul 2015 at 11:07 PM
Yes, thank you!! I've been waiting for a vase that you can actually use to put your garden flowers in.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#32 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 12:08 AM
Thanks I have been waiting for this!!
Instructor
THANKS POST
#33 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 12:34 AM
Great Job :)
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 3:45 AM
Now i have something to put those flowers in thanks!!
XD
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#35 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 5:14 AM
Finally a place to stick those enticing flowers we pick so readily, then regret we did, for the lack of a neat and orderly inventory! Thank you so much!!
Test Subject
#36 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 5:39 AM
No, they cannot be viewed, and viewing has nothing to do with selling. I believe that myth came about because objects with no tuning cannot be sold.

The tuning is object_plant_non_gardening_generic which has the retail component enabled.

Ah, I see. Still works out for me though. Thanks!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#37 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 9:26 AM
I love everything you do- my game wouldn't be the same without your work!!
Instructor
#38 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 9:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by JeNNacide
I love everything you do- my game wouldn't be the same without your work!!

Amen! This is what I came here to say.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#39 Old 28th Jul 2015 at 8:18 PM
what a sweet idea! always wanted a vase that would hold these flowers. feels wrong just selling them!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#40 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 2:52 AM
This is pretty nifty. Thank goodness I can finally put my flowers to good decorative use. You are a genius! Thanks for doing this ^-^
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#41 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 4:21 AM
Yeeeesss, thank you! I never grow flowers because they seemed so useless. This is great!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#42 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 1:27 PM
Excitedly looking forward to a Death Flower centerpiece!
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#43 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 6:02 PM
I'm so glad that there's finally a way to use those dang flowers...
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#44 Old 29th Jul 2015 at 11:02 PM
Thank you so much! It was killing me to have my sim pick flowers and not be able to display them!
Field Researcher
#45 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 7:01 AM
Default My issue
I am all patched up, and up to date... but my issue is this- when grasped with the hand tool, the flowers are large/normal sized... but when released they become small sized and hover above the vase.
Screenshots
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#46 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 9:05 AM
Love this little vase, and the fact that you produced a use for those flowered plants, however.... when I put the flowers in the vase,(snap dragon, chryst., and tulip) they looked great but when I went to play, all my gorgeous
little flowers disappeared! I have other issues within my game, so it may be just my game, or luck, lol, but heads up just in case!
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#47 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 2:00 PM Last edited by plasticbox : 30th Jul 2015 at 5:51 PM.
Jron7667, this has sometimes happened to me with flowers no matter where I put them (on surfaces, the floor ..). I don't think it has anything to do with the vase specifically. I've only seen that with bluebells and .. is it called snapdragon? The red one that looks like bluebells, shape-wise; not with the other ones.

And the sage is being stupid, it has a shorter stem than everything else so when one puts it on the highest slot, it floats. I dunno, I could move that slot (or all of them) down a bit, but then all of the other flowers would become really short =/ I guess I'll rather override the sage mesh if it starts to annoy me. If you put it in first I believe that won't happen, the first slot is the lowermost one IIRC.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#48 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 3:50 PM
Absolutely brilliant, a cool use for those flowers at last and a reason to grow them, one of your best mods yet! Kudos!
Field Researcher
#49 Old 30th Jul 2015 at 8:36 PM
Thank you for the reply/feedback... glad to know it's not my game or anything. Thank you for the tips, too. I really love the object, itself.

Jron7667, this has sometimes happened to me with flowers no matter where I put them (on surfaces, the floor ..). I don't think it has anything to do with the vase specifically. I've only seen that with bluebells and .. is it called snapdragon? The red one that looks like bluebells, shape-wise; not with the other ones.

And the sage is being stupid, it has a shorter stem than everything else so when one puts it on the highest slot, it floats. I dunno, I could move that slot (or all of them) down a bit, but then all of the other flowers would become really short =/ I guess I'll rather override the sage mesh if it starts to annoy me. If you put it in first I believe that won't happen, the first slot is the lowermost one IIRC.
Lab Assistant
#50 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 2:42 AM
I adore this, because I never knew what the point of those silly flowers were. That being said, I had a strange issue with a rose I attempted to put in the vase, it was being very twitchy and kept sort of jumping over the vase until I finally lost grip of it with the hand tool. Now it's floating in the middle of my Sim's living room, I cannot grab it again, in live mode or buy mode. I've deleted everything around it, including the floor in an attempt to move/grab/delete it but still it floats. I'm not sure why it happened, because I was able to use the vase properly afterwards, even managed to put a different rose in it. I'm not sure if it's just a one time oddity on my game's part, or possibly something more.
Screenshots
Page 2 of 4