Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Vase for Garden Flowers

by plasticbox Posted 27th Jul 2015 at 7:06 AM - Updated 21st Dec 2015 at 2:15 AM by plasticbox

82 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 24 Feedback Posts, 57 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 4
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#51 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 8:10 AM
It's a good idea, but this mod doesn't work with v. 1.7. Just an empty vase on the table and three roses not far from (instead of IN) it.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#52 Old 31st Jul 2015 at 3:36 PM
Yes, like it says in the "Compatibility" note in the first post.

@BlindingEchoes , I'm not sure how to delete random stray stuff unfortunately =/ I think you could try with clown's Debug Cheats -- IIRC one can nuke stuff with that, but I haven't used it in a while so I don't recall much about it.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

In the kingdom of the blind, do as the Romans do.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#53 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 10:07 PM
This is amazing. I always wondered what we could do to have flowers at home! Thanks! :D
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#54 Old 1st Aug 2015 at 10:14 PM
Love this!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#55 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 10:45 AM
This is a really cool idea :D
Mad Poster
#56 Old 4th Aug 2015 at 6:36 PM
I'm on game patch level 1.9.80.1020 and can't really use this since the flowers shrink when letting go. I have one partcular house that already has a rose on a surface from a previous patch level and it is still the large size mesh, but any new roses I place shrink down when placed.
The lillies I tried with didn't shrink though.

My deviantART, MTS Yearbook Origin ID = Alistu
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#57 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 1:32 AM
I've finally had a chance to try this vase out and I love it. Much like @BlindingEchoes I had a problem with stray flowers no longer being selectable. I worked around this by placing two random items on either side of the flower and using the sledgehammer tool and dragging it from one item to the next. This removed the flower.

I also have the same issue with the size. You place an item and it shrinks. I've also got around this by using bb.moveobjects and enlarging the flower twice (with the [ and ] keys). The flower will still shrink a little when placed in the vase, but it won't be so small and float now.

I hope this might help others out. Thank you for this item Plastic Box :D
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 1:49 AM Last edited by plasticbox : 5th Aug 2015 at 5:29 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Wee Albet
I've finally had a chance to try this vase out and I love it. Much like @BlindingEchoes I had a problem with stray flowers no longer being selectable. I worked around this by placing two random items on either side of the flower and using the sledgehammer tool and dragging it from one item to the next.

Ah, that is a very good idea! =) I haven't had that problem with flowers yet, but I do remember (now that you say it) that there were items with small or odd feetprint/bounding boxes among the world objects I made available for build/buy -- those were also sometimes difficult or impossible to sledgehammer by themselves since the game didn't understand they were selected at all. Drag-sledgehammering worked, though. I'm gonna put this in the first post -- since I am rotating the flowers by 90° they become difficult to grab too, they are very flat after all.

Quote: Originally posted by Wee Albet
I also have the same issue with the size. You place an item and it shrinks.

Yes, this is happening All. The. Time ... with all the harvestables. I'm not sure if it's always been like that, but it is not specifically flowers -- try putting an onion onto the floor and watch it shrink. The sims I currently play are farmers, so I'm seeing that a lot. Good idea about the [ / ] enlarging! =)

Quote: Originally posted by Menaceman44
I'm on game patch level 1.9.80.1020 and can't really use this since the flowers shrink when letting go. I have one partcular house that already has a rose on a surface from a previous patch level and it is still the large size mesh, but any new roses I place shrink down when placed.
The lillies I tried with didn't shrink though.

Yes. Those are issues with the flowers though, not with the vase. This upload is a vase.

Stuff for TS2 · TS3 · TS4 | Please do not PM me with technical questions – we have Create forums for that.

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#59 Old 5th Aug 2015 at 9:43 PM
Thank you!!! Brilliant idea, LOVE LOVE LOVE!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#60 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 1:44 PM
Nice addition.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#61 Old 9th Aug 2015 at 10:59 PM
I'm really glad that you made this because I really wanted there to be a use to the flowers, and now there is! So, thank you!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#62 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 9:15 AM
YEEEEES!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#63 Old 16th Aug 2015 at 2:09 PM
THANK YOU!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#64 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 8:56 PM
i want this mod so bad, but on the latest patch its broken, the flowers are tiny and black in the 1.10. update after kitchen stuff came out, it has also broke the flowers and herb harvestables that grow as well, making the flower bushes quite ugly, however given this is happening to people with or with out mods, it seams to be an EA mess up rather than anything else.
Test Subject
#65 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 8:58 PM
My flowers not only shrink, but also become noticeably darker. Oh, boy!

It's an issue unrelated to the item, though, because removing it from the game doesn't fix it. Damn EA. =/
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#66 Old 17th Aug 2015 at 9:42 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mrsripley
It's an issue unrelated to the item, though, because removing it from the game doesn't fix it.

Yes, see the first post. There's no point in posting about game issues here because I am not Maxis. They're aware of it and it's slated to be fixed in one of the next patches, so .. DON'T PANIC =P

Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#67 Old 18th Aug 2015 at 8:46 PM
What a fantastic ideal. Never know what to do with the overstock of flowers. Thanks.
Pettifogging Legalist!
retired moderator
Original Poster
#68 Old 22nd Aug 2015 at 9:29 PM
Sure, go ahead. You don't need my permission for that =).

Test Subject
THANKS POST
#69 Old 3rd Sep 2015 at 9:21 PM
Just when I was wondering what to do with those! Great idea!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#70 Old 8th Nov 2015 at 6:47 PM
good
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#71 Old 21st Feb 2016 at 3:17 AM
I love that the flowers can be changed! Thank you!!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#72 Old 23rd Feb 2016 at 6:45 PM
Brilliant!!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#73 Old 19th Mar 2016 at 10:09 PM
OMG thank you. I was just wondering wtf i could do with those
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#74 Old 23rd May 2016 at 9:02 PM
I love this and am, thankful for this mod. I have always wondered why sims did not add decorative vases to add the random wild flowers we can collect in. even to give them as a gift for a date or present would have been formidable. This gives me a way to sell or use the wild flowers at various locations.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#75 Old 24th Jul 2016 at 2:19 AM
There aren't enough thank yous in the world for this one. I am so frustrated by those sad bunches of flowers in my inventory.
Page 3 of 4