Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 2:46 PM
Default How can I change dog's tail in-game?
I've just had a puppy age up into a dog for the first time (I have only been playing Sims for 17 years, it takes time to get round to these things!) and don't know what to do about her tail. She has a short one, but I think tail docking's abhorrent and want to restore it to full length. How?! I've been having a Google but nothing's suggested. Is there a way to change it?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 5:01 PM
There's an option for short and long tail in the second or third circle in CAS, where you change the body shape of the dog.
There's one for fur and one for the overall shape. I think you get roughly the same options in "change appearance" too.
Instructor
#3 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 6:37 PM
You can’t change it in game. Only if you save it in cas and then make them in cas and change it there but won’t be the same dog.
Mad Poster
#4 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 7:29 PM
You can change everything about a dog by making their owner go to a mirror and "Change appearance of..."

I always found this stupid!

I use the sims as a psychology simulator...
Field Researcher
Original Poster
#5 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 7:37 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsfreq
You can change everything about a dog by making their owner go to a mirror and "Change appearance of..."

I always found this stupid!

Oh, including the tail?! I thought that was for collars, and maybe fur colour! I'll have a look now, thank you!
Mad Poster
#6 Old 9th Mar 2021 at 8:30 PM
You can fully change pets with "change appearance" - but I'm not sure if it changes their genetics or not. It probably does (the genetics for pets most likely work as a mix between the parents and not through dominant/recessive traits that can run in families like for sims, but I'm not 100% sure. Changing sims' hair color or face ingame only changes their outward looks and not their genetics, but I don't play enough with pets to have tested out if this is different for pets, but I expect so. I'm not sure if you can change the pet's size, gender or other personal info, so that's probably stuck unless you do that with a mod).
Instructor
#7 Old 11th Mar 2021 at 6:37 PM
Change appearance only changes fur colours and patterns and their collars - it does not give option to change their tail or face or anything like that you can only do that in cas