Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Instructor
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 7:05 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default food custom
hello again, yes it's me, sorry for overwhelming so much, I have many questions, since you are almost the only active forum of the sims 2, I put a personalized meal, well, why lie, I have many personalized meals, but since I put this one Will this be since I downloaded it yesterday https://modthesims.info/d/578422/af...rt-cookies.html , when I make lobster thermidor, this food is made ... Does anyone know the reason that could be? the creator has not been in MTS for a long time, I really like personalized food, but lobster thermidor I think is the most appetizing there is in sims 2 ... thanks for the help
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 12th Oct 2021 at 7:23 PM
One of the comments (from 2017) also says it overrides the lobster, so most likely there's something wrong in the files. Could be a GUID issue or something like that.

The files are unsupported, so either you have to figure out how to fix them yourself, hope for someone to fix them for you, use the files as they are, or remove them from your game.
Forum Resident
#3 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 8:11 AM
Do you play in a different language? I tend to have the issue with some downloaded foods that the text strings were only changed for US English, so I will end up with two options for, say, lobster in the pie menu, one of which is the Maxis lobster and the other is the downloaded food. You can fix that by editing the text with SimPE, which I have done for all my custom food. AriesFlare is usually good about remembering this, but maybe they forgot for this one?
Mad Poster
#4 Old 13th Oct 2021 at 6:26 PM
^ If that's the case and you don't mind English menus, you can click the "Default Lang Only" button in the various menus where it's not greyed out. This removes the other language options and sets the English menus as the only available one for languages without other options (at least they won't get the original EAxis description, but the actual custom one). If you want to add other languages later, you can do so. Can be very handy if you only want to add a few language options.
Instructor
Original Poster
#5 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 3:41 AM
Hi, sorry for taking too long, that's right, my language is Castilian (Spanish), and I have noticed that there are 2 Thermidor lobsters sometimes, also 2 turkeys, etc. I don't know how to edit they are simpe, unless I Say how, can you give me a few steps and could I do it? What should I edit? ... thanks for your valuable help
Forum Resident
#6 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 8:50 AM
Don't worry, it's not difficult.

Open the downloaded food with SimPE. Select "Text Lists" in the upper left window, then click through the items named "Text Lists" in the upper window until you find the one that looks like the one in my screenshot.

The easiest option is to just click the "Default lang only" button I've circled red, commit and save. It's disabled in my example, because I already did that. This option will delete all language text strings except for the English one, forcing your game to pick this one to display. It's the fast option, but your pie menu will have a mix of Spanish and English. It's up to you if that's a problem, my game is heavily modded, so I've pretty much given up on having only German text.

Option 2 is translating the text for your game language by manually editing all the strings. I'd suggest using the "Copy string to all" button to copy the English text to the Spanish strings, then translate it. It takes longer, but will look better.
Screenshots
Instructor
Original Poster
#7 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 12:09 AM Last edited by Missdabone : 17th Oct 2021 at 12:21 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by Ovenhole
Don't worry, it's not difficult.

Open the downloaded food with SimPE. Select "Text Lists" in the upper left window, then click through the items named "Text Lists" in the upper window until you find the one that looks like the one in my screenshot.

The easiest option is to just click the "Default lang only" button I've circled red, commit and save. It's disabled in my example, because I already did that. This option will delete all language text strings except for the English one, forcing your game to pick this one to display. It's the fast option, but your pie menu will have a mix of Spanish and English. It's up to you if that's a problem, my game is heavily modded, so I've pretty much given up on having only German text.

Option 2 is translating the text for your game language by manually editing all the strings. I'd suggest using the "Copy string to all" button to copy the English text to the Spanish strings, then translate it. It takes longer, but will look better.

Thank you very much for your time, I will try, I already made a backup in case I do something wrong, I will leave it in English, it is not a problem for me. Thanks again, I'll do it
;( https://prntscr.com/1wfixva
I have opened a plate of food, but I see it differently from you, what SimPE version ? I don't know if I have the correct one (sorry, I'm very new to the SimPE program), which part should I edit? I would like to put all the ducks in English so that several dishes do not come out in Spanish several times.
Mad Poster
#8 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 12:33 AM Last edited by simmer22 : 17th Oct 2021 at 12:44 AM.
SimPE 0.75.69 is the one that's been updated latest. Should work with both the UC and CDs.

You've clicked the "Object data (OBJD)", That's why it looks different. You need to click the "Pie Menu Strings (TTAB)" option instead. That's where you edit the pie menu options.
Instructor
Original Poster
#9 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 1:46 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
Thank you very much for your time, I will try, I already made a backup in case I do something wrong, I will leave it in English, it is not a problem for me. Thanks again, I'll do it
;( https://prntscr.com/1wfixva
I have opened a plate of food, but I see it differently from you, what SimPE version ? I don't know if I have the correct one (sorry, I'm very new to the SimPE program), which part should I edit? I would like to put all the ducks in English so that several dishes do not come out in Spanish several times.

I think I have it! , is the text, and then I put a name, and edit what is wrong, there were many that were really wrong !, and I am not an expert, but there were foods without names, without translating, they said foods from the game (of course, lobster thermidor, turkey and chili con carne) I removed everything, let's see if it's there, I already changed it and I hope it looks better in the game, later I check it and tell you how it went with the edition!
Instructor
Original Poster
#10 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 1:48 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Missdabone
I think I have it! , is the text, and then I put a name, and edit what is wrong, there were many that were really wrong !, and I am not an expert, but there were foods without names, without translating, they said foods from the game (of course, lobster thermidor, turkey and chili con carne) I removed everything, let's see if it's there, I already changed it and I hope it looks better in the game, later I check it and tell you how it went with the edition!

https://prntscr.com/1wfsak9
Mad Poster
#11 Old 17th Oct 2021 at 1:51 AM
Click the SimPE link in any of the posts above to find all the versions available. If the 0.72 version works for you, you can use it (that version was not updated for the UC, but I think there may have been a patch for the CD versions of M&G).

Don't remove the text, because it's linked to lines in other places - you'll end up with text or menus missing ingame. You have to either translate the lines for your language, or set them as English ("default language only").
Instructor
Original Poster
#12 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 5:42 AM
Thanks, I was able to fix almost all the meals, but there are many meals on one page (sims resource,) that when you cook them, they disappear, what could it be? the foods that happen to them are tempura, sushi combo etc ... and I would like to have some Japanese food ...
eje.. https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...bo-3/id/423984/
Mad Poster
#13 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 6:48 AM
I have the sushi and it works for me. Have you definitely downloaded the associated custom plates? Not having the right plate will make food disappear, because it doesn't have anything to put it on.
Instructor
Original Poster
#14 Old 18th Oct 2021 at 11:44 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
I have the sushi and it works for me. Have you definitely downloaded the associated custom plates? Not having the right plate will make food disappear, because it doesn't have anything to put it on.

in the download there are NO additional dishes, in yours yes? could you upload them to any host? I would appreciate...
Alchemist
#15 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 6:23 AM
@Missdabone try downloading the whole set: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...ims2/id/423981/

A bit about downloading on TSR: Remember to check the tabs before you download. On the original page you linked, if you look under "Required" you'll see that the sushi meals require two files that are not included, the sushi plate and the sushi block. Under the "Description" tab, you'll also see it belongs to a set (it should also say if something's required under this tab, too). If you click on "This Creation belongs to a Set - Click here to show the whole Set" you'll be taken to the set and you can download all the files together in one rar/zip, with required files included. (That's the page I linked to above.)

"May the sunlight find you, thy days be long, thy winters kind, thy roots be strong." -Grand Oak Tree, DAO

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
Bored? Read an unfinished legacy or sim story. | aka Kelyns | she/her
Instructor
Original Poster
#16 Old 19th Oct 2021 at 7:21 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@Missdabone try downloading the whole set: https://www.thesimsresource.com/dow...ims2/id/423981/

A bit about downloading on TSR: Remember to check the tabs before you download. On the original page you linked, if you look under "Required" you'll see that the sushi meals require two files that are not included, the sushi plate and the sushi block. Under the "Description" tab, you'll also see it belongs to a set (it should also say if something's required under this tab, too). If you click on "This Creation belongs to a Set - Click here to show the whole Set" you'll be taken to the set and you can download all the files together in one rar/zip, with required files included. (That's the page I linked to above.)

Thank you very much, it is that English is not my mother tongue, I did not read it, I thought it was like the other dishes that were already included, I am going to look for the other foods that disappeared, thank you, my sims can eat sushi, thanks to you, I hope so, I have not tried it yet, but obviously that is the problem, thanks