Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#2426 Old 10th Nov 2023 at 11:10 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Frodo1990
Nothing too much yet sadly, currently rebuilding my cc folder and it seems I'm gonna never end doing it ;-;.... Apart from that, playing a lot of rpgs nowadays, I wish my PC had 1 TB of space so I could have ts2, ts3 and ts4 apart from other games

I have a Lenovo Legion gaming laptop:
1Tb HHD plus 256 SSD
8gb ram
Intel Core i7 9th Gen with 2.4gh/z
Nvidia Geforce GTX graphics card\

Paid under $1,200 USD for it
and itll be 4 years old this coming March!

C.T.HOLKO88
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2427 Old 14th Nov 2023 at 1:14 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Johnny_Bravo
Harddrives have become rather cheap over the years. Internal ones are between 40-60€ and external between 20-40€. Depending on your location it'll vary slightly but it's not impossible.

Most probably I'll save for one and buy it near the end of the year maybe. I was dusty so I took the ts2 dollhouse and built a house based on it using no cc, maybe will take some photos later despite wasn't furnished to be playable ( it uses too much moveObjects on and snapObjectsToGrid to be able to achieve some furnitures like a china cabinet, etc... )

Can't remember what was the hotkey that RPClauncher uses to let you take photos in game and save em in the photos folder... Somebody knows?
Theorist
#2428 Old 19th Nov 2023 at 5:06 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 21st Nov 2023 at 3:53 AM.
Okay, so after a month or more of getting Sims 2 installed again - this time it's the Utlimate Collection with all the EA pre-sale and store items - I'm back in business. I never knew that there was so much more stuff available.

My thanks to the person that linked me to the appropriate downloads - you know who you are, but I won't mention your name because I don't want people PM'ing you for "tech support" - thank you!

I was so tired of building the aforementioned "Brick house" and the huge octagonal mansion, I had to take a break and do something simpler. (The "Brick House" will be finished next, though, as it's close to being done.)

In the meantime, my latest is a redux of Maxis' 108 Bella Park Road, from their Belladonna Cove neighborhood. As always, I rebuilt it on a completely fresh Lot. Not much to say about it, really. There are some exterior aesthetic changes, including a lateral driveway in front of the house and a "driveway" with a junk car in the back yard.
Interiorly, I improved the layout and the upstairs now has two smaller (still full-size) bedrooms on one side (one as a spare room to use as needed) and a larger bedroom on the other side. So three full-size bedrooms upstairs, plus a full bath that is larger than the original and can bathe dogs.
Downstairs has a better/larger kitchen and dining area on one side of the house, with living room and fireplace on the other side of the house. A half bath is in the middle.
The only CC is the invisible driveway, which doesn't package with the Lot file.
Here are a couple of exterior pics, and the Lot with more pics and detailed info is of course available as a zipped file at the link in my signature, as always.
Redux108BellaParkRd_2+BR

Edit: And I've noticed that SimFileShare has been down for more than a day now, since seemingly right after I uploaded this Lot. Did I break it?
Screenshots
Theorist
#2429 Old 23rd Dec 2023 at 10:03 AM
Hello. Happy Holidays!
Regards Vic

Here you can see more of my creations and conversions for sims 3. ;) I`ll glad to see your comments in.
Theorist
#2430 Old 1st Jan 2024 at 3:37 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Victor_tor
Hello. Happy Holidays!
Regards Vic

Happy Somewhat Belated Holidays and New Year, Vic and everyone.

(Sung to the tune of Auld Lang Syne)
We know a man
His name is Lang
He owns a neon sign
Now, Mr. Lang is very old
So, we call it Old Lang's Sign

Forum Resident
#2431 Old 5th Jan 2024 at 11:27 PM
Happy New Years everyone

Must finish WIPs and not start any new builds..........

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#2432 Old 1st Feb 2024 at 6:45 PM
Whats goin on everyone? Whats everyone been working on?

C.T.HOLKO88
Alchemist
#2433 Old 5th Feb 2024 at 5:36 PM
Not Sims related, but I'm currently getting a hold of building in Valheim.

If you remember me, I'm awesome!
#2434 Old 11th Feb 2024 at 8:01 AM Last edited by ScaryRob : 18th Feb 2024 at 3:17 PM.
Since the latter part of last year, I've been working on a Lot I actually started two or three years ago. It's another "Brutalist" design, this time with a new, custom concrete wall covering for the exterior, which I got from Lipe's Tumblr Page. He's got some very nice concrete wall and floor paints. I've decided to limit myself to two of them, and this will be the first house to use one.
It's a work in progress and most of the landscaping still needs to be done.

The Lot is slightly downsloping from the street and will be my first Lot with uneven edges. Also, although the house sits on the diagonal, all important furniture that Sims can interact with (beds, couches, counters, etc.) are on-grid. Basically, the entire interior is on-grid. This isn't as hard to do as it might seem, although generally speaking the builder has to make the house slightly larger than what would normally be necessary because of the diagonal exterior walls.

I also haven't abandoned the large brick house I posted pictures of a few months ago. It will also get done in the hopefully not too distant future. And yes, there's also the huge octagonal mansion. That will probably still take a while.
I get discouraged when it gets to play testing time because that's such a pain in the ass.
Screenshots
Forum Resident
#2435 Old 23rd Feb 2024 at 11:28 PM
Think im ready to upload this beauty! Just need a good backstory for it!

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#2436 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 12:10 AM
dont you hate when you forget to turn off moveobjects
Screenshots

C.T.HOLKO88
Theorist
#2437 Old 28th Feb 2024 at 1:18 AM
Quote: Originally posted by TudorMan23
dont you hate when you forget to turn off moveobjects

There was an elaborate Sims 2 cemetery Lot uploaded about a month ago that has practically all doors non-functional because they obviously had moveobjects on when they placed them and there were nearby build objects blocking the doors. It's not a quick fix either, since some areas would have to be redesigned.
This is also always a dead giveaway that they didn't test the Lot whatsoever.
If you point stuff like this out in the comments, you're the bad guy.
Forum Resident
#2438 Old 29th Feb 2024 at 4:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ScaryRob
There was an elaborate Sims 2 cemetery Lot uploaded about a month ago that has practically all doors non-functional because they obviously had moveobjects on when they placed them and there were nearby build objects blocking the doors. It's not a quick fix either, since some areas would have to be redesigned.
This is also always a dead giveaway that they didn't test the Lot whatsoever.
If you point stuff like this out in the comments, you're the bad guy.

Oh geez! yeah i agree!

C.T.HOLKO88
Forum Resident
#2439 Old Yesterday at 11:37 PM
what up everyone ???

C.T.HOLKO88

Page 98 of 98