Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 10:18 PM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 3, World Adventures, Ambitions, Late Night, Generations, Pets, Showtime, Supernatural, Seasons, University Life, Island Paradise, Into the Future
Default .Package files versus .sims3pack
Y'all listen, I have been playing the Sims 3 for years and honestly am embarrassed that I even have to ask this but I've googled extensively and can't find anything on it, which means it is probably common sense and I'm an idiot. But here goes anyway. I frequently download custom worlds, and usually install them with the .package files via CC Magic. When there is a .sim3pack that you could install through the launcher, do I still have to install all the .package files for custom content, or would those be included in the .sims3pack and are simply there if you choose to install it the other way?
Advertisement
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 16th Oct 2021 at 11:20 PM
Quote: Originally posted by nitromon
it varies depending on the creator. that's why you need to pay attention to the downloads.

the world file itself is easier to install via sim3pack which is why most creators use this form, but they will sometimes include the .world file and instructions to install it manually.

other times they would include the CCs in a package form, while other times include 1 big sim3pack with everything.

so it varies.

Thank you, that's what I figured but I haven't found anything where it exactly specifies. It says you can install 1 of 2 ways and then it goes on to talk about the CC files but doesn't actually specify if they need to be used when installing with the large sims3pack. You said most creators use the sims3pack, is it actually easier that way? I've only been using the manual way because everything I've read states that it's easier that way, rather than dealing with the launcher to try and unistall the world if the case ever arises.