Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Forum Resident
#6726 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 4:56 AM
This is new Strangetown resident Shady Gary.

The plan is for him to open a shop called Shady Gary's Sweet Meats!
Screenshots
Advertisement
Top Secret Researcher
#6727 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 5:01 AM
LFT Sorority (Monica Bratford/Jessie Pilferson/Sarah Love/DJ Verse) - Greek house level 5 reached. Lots of woohoo has been had, between couples Monica Bratford/Hugh Knowe, Jessie Pilferson/Ashley Pitts, Sarah Love/Matthew Hart, and DJ Verse/Sam Thomas. Jessie changed her major to drama to better reflect she wants to go into athletics. They had a roof raiser toga party. Andy Bellum and Hugh knowe got into a fight. Andy gets into a lot of fights...Hugh won this one. DJ wanted her own place so she now has her own residence on campus. Monica is a senior, the other 3 are Juniors now.

The Shifting Paradymes - They practice their music quite a bit and have gotten really good and made quite a bit of money. They are also doing well in school. Zoe and Jasmine are an item and engaged (they actually ACR kissed the first time I loaded the lot before I could do anything but I wanted them to get together anyway, it's like they knew lol). All 3 get along great. Gunnar has graduated with a 4.0 GPA and moved out and is waiting for them to graduate as well. Zoe and Jasmine are now Juniors.

My Simblr
He/They
Scholar
#6728 Old 15th Jul 2021 at 12:50 PM
This child scares me.

She is the daughter of Liana Curious and Connor Dawn (a former BV teen who makes a very handsome adult). She has exactly one nice point. She will very likely take over as the Strangetown witch. Connor and Liana are engaged but haven't had time to be married. Connor fits right in the chaos of the Specter house and wants to become a werewolf like Liana's father, Pascal. (Pascal's best friend, Loki, turned him at his request).

Pascal is not very good at resurrection. One of Vidcund's twins, Lincoln, dropped dead as a teen. I have no idea why; it just happened out of the blue, and he wasn't even sick. Vidcund wanted him to be resurrected but hated Olive (who was alive at the time), so he took Lincoln to Pascal. Pascal did not do a great job. Lincoln did get to go to college on the undead scholarship and now he lives and works in the hospital as a kind of janitor.

Here is another one of Pascal's botched jobs.

She got eaten by the cow-plant when Lonnie was a baby. Liana used the milk to make herself the same age as Connor. Now she lives in the hospital and walks the streets of Strangetown. She makes me giggle whenever I see her.

Pascal has started dating the widow Crystal Vu Grunt. (Really, they are the only two available for each other, but they still have good chemistry and I think they're cute together.) However, Crystal won't get serious unless Pascal gives up being a werewolf. After Loki, she's not going down that road again. Pascal is thinking about it, but he really doesn't want to do it.
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6729 Old 16th Jul 2021 at 12:56 PM Last edited by Bigsimsfan12 : 16th Jul 2021 at 7:19 PM.
Following the death of her first husband Morty Roth, Avril Roth (nee Loner) decided to seduce Melcolm Landgraab IV for a shot at some more fortune as Morty left his house to his son Xander (who did not get on with Avril, and despite her birthing his younger half-sister has decided she can't stay in the family home). The day Avril moved in with Malcolm, she realised she was actually pregnant with her late husbands child.

This rotation she gave birth to Manford Roth, and married Malcolm. The plan was for her to send Amber and Manford off to the orphanage and start her new life with Malcolm, maybe pop out some children to secure her estate... but no, Malcolm V and his wife Kayla have already taken over the family home. Malcolm IV wants to move to a nice beach house with his new wife to live out his days. He passed the business on to Malcolm V, ready to leave and taking $50k (+$20k new household funds) and building his beach house. Only problem is he doesn't want to take on a toddler and a newborn in his old age, but here's the kicker - Kayla is actually Morty's third child with his first wife Sandra! She has stated that since her and Malcolm V are now in charge of the household funds, they will not provide the $50k if Avril isn't willing to raise her children with Morty.

Avril tried to suggest that Kayla and Malcolm V raise Kayla's half siblings, but they want to start a family of their own soon. Avril's newest plan is to say she's raising the children, get the $50k and then just put the children up for adoption... who knows the drama that will cause though!

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Field Researcher
#6730 Old 17th Jul 2021 at 5:31 PM
The last time I posted here, it was about Tybalt Capp winding up in red tape over the chance card where they have to pay a defense lawyer $50,000 and led to his subsequent retirement. This also led to spending his time at home which has always been the Capp Manor (when you live somewhere like there with comfortable space for multiple people, why leave?).

Currently, the Capp Manor houses:
Goneril Capp (elder business tycoon that left the rest of her own family behind after Consort died and Albany's accident made her a widow);
Juliette Capp (still a teen, has a townie boyfriend and enough elixir and aspiration level to stay that way—I have plans );
Tybalt;
Tybalt's wife Carla Capp (formerly McCullough, adult life stage, who reached her lifetime want, athletic "Hall of Famer");
Tybalt and Carla's child Zoey Capp (just became a teen).

Carla, BTW, despite being described "…as one of the bullies in Veronaville. This is because she only has three nice points" by The Sims Wiki, actually made an excellent wife to Tybalt and gets along well with the Capp Family. When she appears on community lots now she's much nicer than she was as a Townie. I guess she was just frustrated as a single Sim that stayed the same while others around her seemed to change.

In spending his days at home, Tybalt has made home life more difficult for everyone. He has "encouraged" all of Zoey's playful and nice points away and I'm certain Carla has realized that Zoey never smiles and never seems to be happy. She also noticed that Tybalt is a grump in his retirement. One day she sees Elixir in Juliette's room and can't stop thinking about it, while thinking about how far she's come and how much she enjoys it. So she drinks elixir herself and decides she may even remarry! She isn't going to tell anyone else though.

Meanwhile, Zoey just grew up to a teen. What they don't know is Tybalt's indoctrination is leading to a woman who wants to make a well-off elder male 'fall in love with her' but only for Zoey to eventually get the money!
Scholar
#6731 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 3:04 PM Last edited by sturlington : 18th Jul 2021 at 11:14 PM.
I was really sorry to see Loki Beaker go. Werewolf Loki was so much fun to play. Getting into fights with anyone who got on his nerves. Squeezing Crystal in front of everyone at her husband's elder birthday party. Walking into the houses of his friends as if he owned them. That torch he carried for Circe never went out, despite their troubled history. On his last day, he called her over, and they had a last woohoo, for old time's sake. Then when his wife Blossom got home, he spent some time with her and Porfirio and met the Grim Reaper while in platinum mood. Blossom and Loki's adult son, Destro, pooled the life-insurance inheritance and bought the old Beaker place, where they buried him under a cactus. The house was crumbling and in disrepair, but they were able to refurbish part of it, and now Loki's son and granddaughter will be raised together.

Jenny Smith Hart also met the Grim Reaper. After she did, her husband, Matthew, left in the middle of the night, taking the life insurance money, some extra cash, and his sportscar. Shayne Smith, Johnny and Ophelia's oldest, was newly home from college and engaged to his college girlfriend, Marylena Hamilton. But when Marylena met Matthew where they were both staying in the singles motel, they fell for each other instantly. (Marylena had also been seeing Hal Grunt, so she wasn't exactly faithful.) Marylena, however, was pregnant with Shayne's child. She waited long enough to have the baby, then abandoned him with Shayne and took off for the city with Matthew. Shayne is back home living with his parents so they can help raise little Arlie.

EDITED Sorry, it was Jenny who died, not Jill. Jill is still alive and with us in Strangetown. Too many J names!
Screenshots
Mad Poster
#6732 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 3:38 PM
It was another day of construction for he work team in Dodge as they work to get the new section of the service center built before winter arrives.
Screenshots
Scholar
#6733 Old 20th Jul 2021 at 9:46 PM
Tank Grunt is the first of my Strangetown teens to reach elderhood, although Ophelia is not far behind him. He and Frances are still living in the same trailer and have plateaued in their jobs--it took Frances forever to get enough friends to become President of the company. They've had some bad luck: Tank lost some money at work that they had to pay back, and I think they got robbed twice. They have been very happy together, though, and they raised two adopted daughters: Michelle, a homeless girl they took in (one of the BV kids), and Camellia, a neglected baby (one of the Ottomas twins). I think they have also woohooed autonomously pretty much every day. Tank threw an anniversary party for Frances because they've been married that long and have always remained faithful to each other (except for that little photobooth fling Frances had with Guy Wrightley, but that was a long time ago, and Tank has no idea). Elder Tank looks just like his dad.

Lola Curious and Erin Beaker have been elders for some time, but they finally figured out how to make themselves and each other happy. They are really polyamorous. Once they came to an agreement on this, they asked a couple of their younger friends to move in: DJ Verse and Jasmine Rai. Lola and DJ were hand-fasted, as well. Everyone is pretty happy with the arrangement except their adopted son, Ernie (the other Ottomas twin), who is a bit confused by the whole thing. Besides Ernie, they also took in and raised a homeless child, Nery, but he is an adult now and living in the singles motel.

The only other real news to report is that Ripp Grunt got a huge bonus at work, and he and Jill were able to buy a very nice house. They are now the richest couple in the neighborhood. Their daughters are growing up, Ripp now has a hot tub, and by all accounts, they are a very happy couple.
Mad Poster
#6734 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 4:30 AM
Newly-graduated Hi Thyme asked not-yet-graduated Helen Wheels out and took her to the Up-and-Down Club. They were having a great time and he rolled a want to get engaged, without a corresponding fear. Under my rules, that means he has to ask her - even though they're both Romance sims and it's a spectacularly bad idea; also, even though Jacob Martin has had a locked want to get engaged to her for ages, and finally got the LTW job he wanted, which should enable him to move out of his dad's house and set up his own household, which was all he was waiting for before he asked her. (It's the Depression; Jacob didn't go to college; he felt obliged to have some sort of future to offer her before he popped the question.)

And then the game crashed, which is almost always does when I go to the Up-and-Down Club these days, so I'm trying to figure out what my most-crashy lots have in common and see if there's anything so simple as a piece of custom content that will fix the problem when removed. It's very tedious, though. so when I loaded the lot again, and found him still wanting to ask Helen out, and replayed the date, I sent him to a different lot, thinking that this was a lucky reprieve for Jacob. Or, maybe not so lucky, given Helen's proclivities...Anyway,the date went identically, except for the crashing, so it's still hard lines/lucky escape for Jacob.

And being engaged to Hi (who has not found his LTW job yet and is three days away from having to pay rent on an apartment he can't afford) has not stopped Helen from going out with Jacob and banging him in his car. Hi has no job, no car, and no family safety net - Jacob really is a much better prospect! But I gave Hi an anti-jealousy potion and that may outweigh everything else for her.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6735 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 10:44 AM
Over in downtown, Gvaudoin Tricou had her second child, first son. It took me a good 15 minutes of research to find a good name for the young Tricou, but eventually settled on French medieval name Fructueux - meaning successful. Her first child is named Olympia. I'm kind of sad I didn't put more thought into her name, being that she is the heiress. Gvaudoin's mother in law, Juliette Capp became an elder, no time to relax yet though, as triplet toddlers Oliva, Othello and Iscah need to learn their toddler skills and their parents (Juliette's 3rd son and his Fiance) are still in university for a rotation or two.

Matisse O'Feefe-Sharpe has moved out as an independent teen. She is enjoying her new freedom, but the house she bought is going to need lots of work. The toilet is broken and so is the shower. Plus a pesky wolf keeps digging up holes all over the property. No time to worry about any of that though, Matisse is desperate to reach her lifetime want of 50 first dates! A LTW I have never fulfilled. Her first date was with her crush Xanxas Gere. They've been crushing on each other their whole teen lives, but have never made it "official". Matisse doesn't really plan to either, he rolled a want during their bowling date but they were already on "dream date" status, so Matisse quickly ended the date and then walked off to converse with teen down townie Holden King. She went home, and straight away was invited to an outing with Holden, which she accepted. When she got there she met Ricky Cormier and set about befriending him and Holden as two potential future dates. She went on a date with Holden at her home. Then Gunnar Roque called, saying his son Xanxas had a great time on their date and wanted to know if she wanted to go on an outing. Hmm.. maybe she'll revisit that request when she becomes an adult, but for now no. I don't particularly play community lots, and I never play outings so it was actually super fun! I've tried to commit to spending "more time" with my sims, as I've not really had the time the past few years to play as much as I'd like I've been fast forwarding their lives away, so it has been quite fun. Maybe ill start playing owned community lots again too, so many sims are missing out - especially Malcolm IV who spent half his adult life trying to reach 5 top level businesses... and then I just didn't have time anymore and now he's an elder with little time left. Maybe I'll pass that goal onto Malcolm V...

Over in the orphanage Quinn and Duncan have become independent teens, which means they must move out. ACR struck up a romance between Duncan and Jill Smith (the new orphanage owner, who is almost old enough to be his mother) so I figure she'll give them until Monday to leave - Quinn will be going off to university but Duncan has suggested staying at the orphanage to work. The help isn't really needed now though, with 5 teens and 1 child (1 day from becoming a teen) - where was the help when there were 2 teens, 3 children and 4 toddlers? (to be fair, he was one of the toddlers). They're due at least 2 new sims over the next few rotations though so maybe. I don't really want to encourage his relationship with Jill though, she's the new orphanage owner so she's only raised him since his early/mid teens... but it still seems pretty weird. She has 3 teenagers herself including twin daughters she had as a teen who are slightly older than Duncan.

~Your friendly neighborhood ginge
Scholar
#6736 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 10:44 AM
Three hundred robot vampires have been raised to life. Seven hundred await their activation. Lady Luna really should've been more wary about purchasing so many servos at such a cheap price, especially from a man named Thomas Vu.
Link Ninja
#6737 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 6:03 PM
I made a motel. However, I'm not sure if it will work. I dug up some old threads where I saw @Justpetro mention that hotel-zoned lots seem to work in non-vacation hoods where the sim can go check in and stay the night but the save function is removed - is that still true? Or should I just leave it as a community lot? I have the sleep anywhere mod and I've had sims go out to different subhoods and camp and come back after a few days, but those were community lots with tents on them, not actual hotel-zoned lots.
Screenshots

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Scholar
#6738 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 6:57 PM
Michelle Grunt (adopted daughter of Tank and Frances) had been living in the Ottomas boardinghouse after she graduated college, working on her career and going on dates. When she met Peter Sims from the Garden Club, he was all she could think about. Usually I don't like my Sims to get involved with Garden Club members, but whenever she went on a date with anyone else, she'd only talk about Peter, always with those little pink hearts. Michelle doesn't have much money, so when she was getting serious about Peter, she asked him how much money he had, and he outright lied to her! He said he was pretty wealthy, and on that basis, Michelle proposed and bought a house for them to live in that was heavily mortgaged. When he moved in, he had only one Simoleon to his name and no job, which I already knew, but Michelle had to find out the hard way. By this time, though, she's already signed the mortgage and gotten herself pregnant. And she'd just gotten fired, to boot.

Good story so far, but I'm unsure where to go with it. Does she make the best of it with Peter, who she now knows is a big, fat liar? Does she continue having an affair with her sister's fiance, Foster Beaker, while her sister is hospitalized with the flu? Is Peter a swindler who's going to leave her high and dry, so she'll have to go back to living in her dads' trailer with her baby? Hmm, not sure, but I'm open to suggestions.
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6739 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 7:08 PM
@Charmful Yes, your sims can sleep on a hotel lot in a non-vacation hood, I use them quite a lot! Mine is called the Quinoa Motel (because it's seedy).
Link Ninja
#6740 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsample
@Charmful Yes, your sims can sleep on a hotel lot in a non-vacation hood, I use them quite a lot! Mine is called the Quinoa Motel (because it's seedy).

Thank you for confirming that! I love the tongue-in-cheek name! This information is useful! I want these little 'refresh' areas around my hood and sub hoods so I can take sims for some extended (probably no more than 3 day) community lot binges. For example I have two tourist-y subhoods, a desert (mini Vegas) and a sea-side boardwalk area with lots of fun stuff to do and want my sims to hang around for awhile without having to go home to sleep and freshen up. I have a few other questions if you don't mind:

1. Can you create the hotel-zoned lot in a non-vacation hood or do you have to create it in a vacation hood, move it to bin and place it in the non-vacation place for it to work? (I read conflicting accounts of how this works)
2. Will the concierge spawn for check in/check out/room service like normal? Will the cleaning sim spawn as well?
2.5 - Will the other rooms get rented out by NPCS? If so which NPCS? Downtownies?
3. Any other things I should know about when playing a hotel-zoned lot in a non-vacation hood?

Also to keep on topic of what's happening in my game, the old farmer got engaged to the bakery lady. Cats are coming to the farm! (She is also a cat lady!)

e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6741 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 9:30 PM Last edited by simsample : 21st Jul 2021 at 10:10 PM.
1) Yes, I made mine in the main hood and did changelotzoning hotel; it's built and remained in the main hood, and functions well.
2) Yes, concierge and cleaner spawn and work; I also had a restaurant, and the chef, host and waiters spawned too.
3) The townies that turn up on mine are my vacation townies- the tourists that also appear on community lots in my vacation subhood. I don't know if ordinary townies would visit if you didn't have a vacation subhood, as I built my Quinoa Motel after I had added the vacation subhood. You'd have to test that out. I haven't actually seen anyone else rent out a hotel room, but I typically use this lot for dates, so sims aren't there too long (maybe for a meal, rent a room by the hour and then bugger off when the date hits dream time). It's handy having the vacation tourists turn up as this way, Sim Sample doesn't get slapped quite so often, as he has only taken one vacation in the holiday home @AndrewGloria built for him, and then he wooed the native sims, not the tourists. So he doesn't end up having a current flame appearing on the lot when he's in mid-romantic clinch with a date.
Can't think of anything else you'd need to know, it's just the same as making a hotel in a vacation hood really.

EDIT: @Charmful Okay, just checked it out in a vanilla game with no subhoods and a hotel in the main hood. Made two townies and two downtownies, took a sim to hotel, checked in and played, no-one showed up to the lot. So I took the sim home, spawned two vacation sims and went back to the hotel; as soon as he checked in, a vacation townie turned up and checked in to a room. So, you don't need a vacation subhood for this to work, but you might want to use the townie gun to generate a few tourists. And they do check in, I obviously didn't pay attention before!
Also I noticed that the housekeeper doesn't spawn until after your sim arrives at the hotel, whereas the other NPCs (barista, concierge, waiters etc) are there immediately.
Scholar
#6742 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 11:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sturlington
Good story so far, but I'm unsure where to go with it. Does she make the best of it with Peter, who she now knows is a big, fat liar? Does she continue having an affair with her sister's fiance, Foster Beaker, while her sister is hospitalized with the flu? Is Peter a swindler who's going to leave her high and dry, so she'll have to go back to living in her dads' trailer with her baby? Hmm, not sure, but I'm open to suggestions.

In a parallel pixelverse, her legendary Aunt Crystal would have told her that she is a Grunt, and Grunts do not cheat on their own kin; what they DO is buckle down and deal with whatever life throws at them. Michelle married this guy for rather dubious reasons, so now it's up to her to make it work. That means getting another job was soon as the baby is born, and putting her wages straight into a bank account as soon as she gets home, as Peter seems the sort who would either spend every last simoleon on toys, luxury goods, and bar and restaurant bills, or he'll take off one day with everything but the kitchen sink (and maybe that, too) and Michelle will come home to an empty house and a nanny expecting payment - especially if the baby is twins, because you can bet he didn't sign up for all those diapers!

(Crystal Grunt inherited her father's ideas about the importance of Duty, and she was also a highly successful smuggler, so laying down the law for younger family members and knowing a bad penny when she saw one were two things she was well known for.)
Top Secret Researcher
#6743 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 11:26 PM
I just played around in Pleasantview and started with the Dreamers. Darren wanted to see a ghost, so I thought, sure why not? Darleen was floating around outside (she seems quite angry) so I made him go over there. And then he died from shock (I assume)! Not only that, before I could make his son plead for him, he got shocked by Darleen as well and died! Maybe they should put the grave somewhere more appropriate if they can't handle a ghost!

This game is so weird. I'm so used to the fairly boring Sims3 ghosts that at best, make cowardly sims pass out for a while.
Forum Resident
#6744 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 11:51 PM
Espresso Neighbour and his nephew Link Larsen put together a family party with Espresso's daughter and grandsons, Link's siblings and Ville who's Espresso's ex husband, Link's adoptive father and Link's big brother Broadway's partner. They bowled and ate buffet, and Link's enemy Crystal Vu made an appearance too but we kept her occupied and didn't bother anyone. After that, lots of people wanted to throw parties. Tank Grunt had one with his closest friends. Ville Stenbock had an after-work party with two colleagues after he'd been promoted, but it flopped and not even wohoo with Broadway could save it. He did have another party the next day however, which turned out better. Broadway finished his fourth novel, another bestseller. Ville seemed to be inspired and wanted to write a bestseller too. While that can't be guaranteed, I had him start out writing a novel at least, and time will tell how it'll sell.

Buddha Neighbour passed away, and his husband Brake Neighbour did too the next day.

Teen twins Brahe and Copernicus Neighbour ended their stays at the Ramirez and Curious family respectively, after Brahe celebrated Tessa Ramirez' and Copernicus Chap and Rosalina Curious' birthdays.
With Checo Ramirez help, Brahe has gotten her small shop up a few levels and earned a gold sales badge, a bronze badge in restocking and as a cashier. Before she left she rolled a wish for a makeover chair and to earn a bronze badge in cosmetology as well, so after Lisa Ramirez helped her move out and into her own small house by Bluewater's titular water, Brahe started her second business, a home business as a stylist.
Copernicus returned to live with his and Brahe's parents. They had since traded one haunted house for another, moving out of the House of fallen trees and into the old Specter house, so it's a new place for Copernicus.

Copernicus' and Brahe's cousins, twins Crescendo and Hurricane Neighbour, started their own home business after having quit going to school when they turned teens. The original plan was a café but it then turned out to a pay a ticket to visit the lot-kind of deal, with free food being offered every few hours to anyone who wants it. This allows them to make money relatively passively including when they sleep, and for them to take care of the house and fix groceries and meals and stuff while their mother Godspeed is at work, so it works for everyone involved. The plan is that after Godspeed turns to an elder she'll move to the Neighbour clan's elder-collective while Hurricane and Crescendo will stay on the lot and refine their business.

Apple Neighbour and Hetty Benett went to Club Caliente. After trying her hand at being a DJ, Apple revealed the primary reason she wanted to take Hetty out that evening.

A day or so after, they tied the knot in the presence of their good friends and former roommates Justice and Muffin.

I am Error.
Scholar
#6745 Old 21st Jul 2021 at 11:52 PM
Quote: Originally posted by BlueAlien
(Crystal Grunt inherited her father's ideas about the importance of Duty, and she was also a highly successful smuggler, so laying down the law for younger family members and knowing a bad penny when she saw one were two things she was well known for.)

In my Strangetown, Crystal is Michelle's step-grandmother and very successful in the Music career, but otherwise this is so spot on for her character. After Buzz died, she insisted Pascal give up being a werewolf if he wanted to live with her during their golden years, and he finally agreed. They are now very happy together, and he has no regrets. She's also taken Buck's adopted children in hand and is reforming Ashlee now that she's a rebellious teen. Ashlee (from BV, one of the "homeless" children who gets placed with the gay couples who want to adopt) has grown up to be very pretty; even though they are not related by blood, she looks just like Crystal, and Crystal is the only person in the house who she listens to or respects.

Thanks for the suggestion. Michelle has a tough road in front of her, but if Peter hurts her, well... I'd hate it for him if Tank found out.
Mad Poster
#6746 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 1:34 AM
While out looking for a non-crashy lot, Hi ran into Dot Matrix. The Printer Sisters all graduated recently and are living in an apartment in a different (cheaper) building than his, and Daisy, the only Printer Sister who hasn't banged Hi (and the sister of his new fiancee Helen) married the dormie she dated in college. She's trying to get pregnant so presumably this living arrangement has a shelf-life. Anyway, Dot and Hi had had a falling out not long before they both drank anti-jealousy potions, but they spontaneously decided to make up. He asked her on a date and they went to a restaurant (that didn't crash), where they ran across Daisy.

Daisy is furious that her sister's fiance and her bandmate were brazenly stepping out together, but based on her actions she's blaming Hi more than Dot. All the same, I think the shelf-life of that living arrangement just got shorter and the Printer Sisters may need a new bass player soon. Unperturbed, Dot went home with Hi to carry the date to its inevitable conclusion. Usually the want sequence on a date is that dining out opens up the romantic wants I think of as "foreplay," and if you want them to be sure to get an actual woohoo want you need to work through them in sequence - hug/kiss/makeout/woohoo. (You're more likely to stall out if you skip the hugs than if you skip the makeout, FYI.) This time, they sat down to eat and both immediately rolled wants to a woohoo-date want, a woohoo-date-in-car want, and a woohoo-in-bed want. Hi doesn't have a car, so they ate quickly and headed across the street to his apartment. Dot rolled wants for foreplay while crossing the street. Hi didn't, but he's not a total jerk and proceeded through the sequence for her, whereupon they both fell asleep.

Interestingly, while Hi rolled a fear of marrying Helen and an assortment of situation-typical wants, Dot rolled fears of marrying Hi, his BFF Andy Bellum, and another of her dates - along with a want to marry Andy. Most of Andy's friends would agree that this would be a suboptimal choice. Hi has some same-sex experience, so I'm wondering if Dot is considering the swinging possibilities, not that they called it that during the Depression. Hmm, I wonder what they did call it?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Mad Poster
#6747 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 8:09 AM
@Charmful

Typed a reply to your post and must have forgotten to save it.

Yes, hotels work fine - I have those two in my main hood ever since I found those hotels from BV in the lot bin
You don't need the Sleep anywhere mod either.
My opinion: Hotels function like any other community lot in the main hood, and there is no "Went on vacation" memory, but there are the normal Met So-and-So memories).

Edit - the townies that turn up on my hotels in the main hood are the normal bunch - Goopy, Marylena, Benjamin, etc. from Pleasantview.

And I have a camping site too in my main hood - this one: https://modthesims.info/d/636037/bu...ping-hotel.html

I have built them in the main hood before, but it took some struggles to change the lot zoning, so I now build them in a vacation hood.
Mad Poster
#6748 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 4:28 PM
The way everyone has been talking about hotels makes me want to put one in the hood! I do have a motel that caters to the romantics and they have beds dedicated just for them, but it is not a hotel or motel. More like a 'dew drop inn' where there are no rules.
I wonder what would happen if I were to change it to a hotel with the appropriate changes? More action, I assume!

Receptacle Refugee & Resident Polar Bear
"Get out of my way, young'un, I'm a ninja!"
Grave Matters: The funeral podium is available here: https://www.mediafire.com/file/e6tj...albits.zip/file
My other downloads are here: https://app.mediafire.com/myfiles
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#6749 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 5:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Justpetro
Edit - the townies that turn up on my hotels in the main hood are the normal bunch - Goopy, Marylena, Benjamin, etc. from Pleasantview.

Oh, that's really good that you are seeing those, maybe I need to play for longer! I was seeing no visitors until I spawned some tourists.
Link Ninja
#6750 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 6:38 PM
Thanks Petro and SimSample for your answers and input! I went ahead and just turned my motel into a hotel zone and will play it later today and see what troubles crop up if any. If it works out well I anticipate myself going on a motel building spree.

Page 270 of 349