Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
#176 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 1:02 PM
Don't anger the kitty pacotacoplayer, she has claws
Advertisement
#177 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 1:37 PM
It's too early to take that date as the actual one. I'm sure it will change closer to February.
Lab Assistant
#178 Old 4th Nov 2006 at 3:55 PM
It may change by christmas. :P
Field Researcher
#179 Old 5th Nov 2006 at 4:19 AM
Indeed! I play WOW and the expansion pack from that game has gone from being out in October, to being out in November, and now to not coming out until January of next year. Each time, my Gamestop had the "estimated" release date (or shipment date is what it basically is for them) and those dates are just not solid. Since we just found out about the new Sims 2 EP when we got our Pets Expansion packs, it does seem a little soon to see the next one by February, although that would certainly be nice!
Theorist
#180 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 12:21 AM
I'm not so sure if In Season would come out that early, especially since Pets came out in October. That would be pretty cool though (no pun intended). It's very likely that I'll have a powerful new computer by the time the next expansion comes out so I'll probably buy this, but this better have more stuff besides weather. Hopefully the pets will also react to the weather. There has been rain in The Sims 2 console games for two years in a row, it's about time they bring it to the PC version. :smash:
Lab Assistant
#181 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 2:49 AM
Rain would be nice, but realtime fading would be nicer - which is something they also had in the console games, and is probably completely possible in The Sims 2. I don't know about you, but I would be totally freaked out if I saw the whole "day/night" thing happen in real life. Hopefully there's also a way to turn certain weather elements on and off at certain moments, too (not via-cheat box). Snowing in my desert is where I draw the line. :hmm:
*shrugs*
retired moderator
#182 Old 6th Nov 2006 at 3:55 AM
Dr. BaconStein, if you don't like the instant night/day change, you may want to consider installing one of the Radiance Lighting Mods: GunMod's Radiance Light System 2.1 or Gunmod's Radiance Light System 2.2 BETA RC1

I don't mind if you call me "MSD" or something for short.
Tumblr
Perhaps someday I'll have leisure time back...
Test Subject
#183 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 4:19 AM
I hpoe it comes out soon, since I skipped Pets (unwillingly). Feb would be nice.
Test Subject
#184 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 5:57 PM
I was just thinking...since I am on my lunch break lol(Why Am I thinking!! I do enough of that when I have to go back to class) If there are wind storms or such that could break windows would that make most of the downloaded windows we have now non usable? Or like if snow falls on the window seal, would it only work for maxis windows? I think that this EP might cause a lot of problem for custom trees, windows, doors, plants...ect. Still I am excited about this Expansion pack :0) What do you think?
Theorist
#185 Old 7th Nov 2006 at 9:54 PM
Yeah, custom content made prior to In Season would very likely not be affected by weather at all like how pets don't sleep on custom beds or computers made before the release of Uni wouldn't have the uni options.

Maybe Maxis left in certain code so that in case they figured out how to properly implement weather they wouldn't have to rework the windows and therefore custom ones would still work with the weather? That could be a possibility. :shrug:
Test Subject
#186 Old 8th Nov 2006 at 4:39 AM
Yah I hope so..because I have a lot of custom plants/windows..the maxis ones are um nice....but not for the houses I like to build lol.
#187 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 1:04 AM
I have no problems with this EP cause its gonna add that final touch of realism to the game that has been missing. I do wonder though, if one is playing a desert-hood or so, what would the odds be for snow or rain, falling leafes or springflowers? There must be a way to turn a possible weather/season- option off, or it would ruin some games. But Im looking forward to it anyway. And just like discordKitty, my main concern is that it works. The problems that occured in Pets drives me crazy. But seasons would do magic for all picture-makers, I think. Imagine the beauty of a real white christmas, or a blossoming midsummer and all that. (I cant wait!)
The weather-hack was a "lost and found"-thing, that was modded, I belive. As with all Ep´s there is always a piece of the upcoming included in the basegame or the prevoius EP, so when stuff are "found" its a hint.
Test Subject
#188 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 8:27 AM
i think is ep is gonna be good, but i wonder how there gonna stop rain from going into houses? :/
#189 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 8:31 AM
One thing I am looking forward too is new seasonal clothes and hairs, now that Maxis doesnt make the game anymore, maybe we will get some not horrible clothes and hairs.
Test Subject
#190 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 10:33 AM
I like... cannot wait for that EP... kinda reminds me of the Vacation EP for the Sims 1!

Create your own reality ~
Field Researcher
#191 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 4:58 PM
Someone might have mentioned this already, but I think it would be cool if our sims' comfort levels will go down if they wear the wrong clothes in the wrong weather eg. a strappy top and shorts when it's snowing. It would make everything more realistic. Also if it rained would EA games make an effort to make the sims' hair look wet if they go out in it and then dry a couple of hours after (and the same with dogs' fur)? Just a suggestion, but it would be fun if that were to happen.

My Sims2 Blog: CLICKY ME.
Test Subject
#192 Old 13th Nov 2006 at 5:12 PM
I agree, that would definitely make the game more realistic...

Create your own reality ~
Test Subject
#193 Old 14th Nov 2006 at 6:39 PM
yeah, i agree that will amek the games more realistic, but this ep would be good for movie makers and i hope they have new animations like skiing, ice skating (gonna love that) and skate boarding. can't wait for ep 5!
Test Subject
#194 Old 15th Nov 2006 at 10:21 PM
I honestly don't see the problem with different seasons on different lots. If you do have to have different clothes for different temperatures, maybe that goes with CAS. When it's summer your sim's "Everyday/Casual 1" clothing could automatically switch to whatever you had chosen for hot weather. That way, if it's Summer at Mary's house and winter at John's house, when John invites Mary over, she'll come in her winter clothes. It's basically like that already - if Mary was in her undies when you saved her lot last, she's not going to come to John's house in her undies. I don't think adding a few more clothing options for CAS would be too much of a problem, considering everything they added for Pets. I know they have objects and mods that add weather already, but that's only working with what we've got now. Anything you can do, Maxis can do better :] Not to say some of the modders here, aren't amazing, - they are. But it's their game. They haven't let me down yet, and I wasn't expecting as much as we got from Pets. Seasons could mean more than just weather. It could mean holidays - which I know we have to some extent in the stuff packs - it could mean snow days for your kids, new jobs, obviously new clothing and items. I think it'll turn out quite well.

As for the possibility of a movie making EP - as much as I like seeing new ideas that weren't used in TS1, I think something like Superstar would be cool, but instead of going back and forth between singer/actor/model you could choose one area, and even if you got really high up in some base careers you could be somewhat famous. However, I doubt it'll happen. I think I'm in the minority there.

Another thing I just thought of.. since there would be seasons, there would actually be a cycle, somewhat of a "sim year." Which could mean that married sims now get anniversaries.
#195 Old 30th Nov 2006 at 3:20 PM
I'm looking forward to seeing the first pictures. :D
Page 8 of 8