Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:50 PM
Default Gamespot has a new article up.
Very nice read for the new expansion. Six new careers, new clothes, and severe weather conditions including thunderstorms, lightning, and hail. Sounds great.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6163061.html

Quote:
Electronic Arts today announced a fifth add-on pack for the popular PC game series The Sims 2. The new addition, named The Sims 2 Seasons, will add the four seasons of the year to the game. The additions won't merely be cosmetic, as each will impact Sims' relationships, moods, skills, and careers in a unique way.

New activities such as building snowmen, ice skating, and playing games like Marco Polo in the pool have been added, and a fresh new wardrobe including summer dresses and ear muffs will keep Sims looking sharp.

Other new content includes six new career paths to follow--gaming, adventure, music, law, journalism, and education--as well as new weather effects--snowstorms, thunderstorms, lightning bolts, and hailstones. The Sims can also now harvest fruits and vegetables to make into energy drinks and love potions, and master new talents including gardening and catching fresh fish.

The Sims series, which has the player create virtual people and then furnish their houses, get them jobs, and try to advance their careers and personal relationships, has become one of the most successful games of all time, and has been translated into 17 different languages.

The Sims 2 Seasons will be released in Europe on February 23 and in the US on February 27. The expansion requires a full copy of The Sims 2 to play.

Major parts are bolded for easy reading :D
Advertisement
#2 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:52 PM
Quote:
energy drinks and love potions

sounds a bit like ye old making magic doesnt it? with those charm things

but potions :D

waaay cool
Inventor
#3 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:53 PM
Cool! I'll be one of the weird sim fans showing up at wallmart at midnight of febuary 26th to get a copy.
Instructor
#4 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:59 PM
Wouldn't be too much like Making magic... I reckon that's next Autumn's pack. I like the sound of the seasons doing special things... And finally new careers we don't have to attend 24 days of hell and classes for!

EDit: Hold on... It's in Europe EARLIER than US?! What's going on?

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 6:59 PM
But it looks to be a long wait but the plus side is some new jobs finally. I only hope none (or a couple) of them require Uni. time, it eats too much time up.
#6 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 7:03 PM
mwhaha! i didnt spot that cheese!

us euros will get a chance to tell all you lot how it is for a change! lol
Instructor
#7 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 7:04 PM
Hey, Hey HEY! I'm British! I'm HAPPY about it too! :P

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Stupid people are stupid
#8 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 7:05 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Cheeseisgood
EDit: Hold on... It's in Europe EARLIER than US?! What's going on?

Muahahahaha, finally!!!
Test Subject
#9 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 9:08 PM
Does that ever sound a million times better than Pets.

And it's about time they put in some new careers, particularly obvious ones like Music and Education. Those were some of the first to get all custom-ified.

I can't wait for this EP!
Top Secret Researcher
#10 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 9:12 PM
Noooo! I actually have to wait longer than the Europeans to get Seasons?! Isn't Maxis an American company? Maxis, you're sellouts! LOL Well, at least you guys get to test it out on your compy and tells us all about it while we Americans drown in our sorrow. LOL

I can't wait for this game! :howdy:

~* Childish, Eco-Friendly, Snob, Couch Potato, Inappropriate *~
Instructor
#11 Old 12th Dec 2006 at 9:15 PM
This has to be by far the best expansion pack that they are going to released in my opinion.

I wonder what they will install for the next expansion, they've already outdone themselves on the season one lol.

Auroraspirit :angel:
#12 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 7:16 AM
I just want seasons NOW! But february 23:d sounds fine too...
Field Researcher
#13 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 1:14 PM
Do you know how soon they will be revealing what system specs will be required? With all of this new activity, I'm expecting that maybe everything will increase (especially if you have all expansions installed).
Field Researcher
#14 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 5:35 PM
Quote: Originally posted by angel f
Muahahahaha, finally!!!

YEAH!! HOOOAHHH!! Every new thing I listen from this EP, I'm even more happy!!

It means, I'm going to be one of the firsts member getting the EP, there's a shop in Milfontes that had lots, and lots of Pets Dvd's in the 1st release day, and didn't sell that much (They just restocked 1 week after!)

MAUAHAHAHA:p
Instructor
#15 Old 13th Dec 2006 at 6:50 PM
Argh! No fair! Oh, well. I'm not really jealous, because it's just four more days. About the next ep, they should do a one about fame. It's about time they include some things so your sims can get famous, even though they included it in the first sims (superstar, for those who don't remember or who passed it up, was awesome!) Magic would be cool, too. That theme would have to have some specacular special effects!

Ciao,
~M~
Scholar
#16 Old 22nd Dec 2006 at 8:11 AM
That looks damn great, just the kind of EP I've been waiting for, great game for my newly upgraded PC... Finally I'm having some luck :D