Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
#51 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 12:34 PM
I pre-ordered. But not because I was getting anything out of it. But simply because I got caught up in the excitement of the moment
Honestly the pre-order items look pretty crappy. And the whole pre-order gift tactic is akward at best.
In my opinion EA would be much better off offering a download code for a limited number of copies for any game shipped from anywhere. (any country)
IE: each distributor would recieve Xthousands of copies of games with bonus codes. Each retailer would then have a rationed supply of games with codes. Once gone they are gone. Nothing like a little rationing to make sure people want something (playstation 3).
Advertisement
#52 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 8:08 PM
I think the items should just be unlockable or included with the game. The special dog / cat skin/textures whatever, were eventually unlockable after certain levels were achieved at the dog or cat's job or whatever else. Also, I'd LOVE the raincoat that EBGames/Gamestop is offering, but I'm buying from Target because I will get the game on SALE.
Test Subject
#53 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 3:20 AM
I actually don't care what items different retailers offer if you pre-order from them in order to entice you to buy from them. This is not only because I normally don't use those items in the first place, but because thousandsss of betterrr items will come along on sites such as this for free. So, while I did pre-order my copy of the Sims 2: Seasons, it had nothing to do with the little piddling download they offered me :P. It had more to do with the fact that they're more punctual about getting their stuff in on time and when they say it'll be there.
#54 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 7:32 AM
Most of the bonus objects are pretty unimportant, especially the clothing (in my opinion) because, just as you said, there will be tons of stuff to get soon enough. After all, there has to be 100's of swimsuits on MTS2, why freak about getting one as a pre-order 'gift'? But, some of the objects like the trellis or the swingset would be a bit harder to find in the custom content community - so that is a little different to me.

As always, we all hope that the pack comes through clean and stable. Just don't forget to back up your game before installling. heh
Lab Assistant
#55 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 12:33 PM
On the official Dutch site, you'll be able to pre-order soon (with the EA Downloader) and receive the bikini. When you pre-order from Bart Smit ( that's just a Dutch shop, it's a multinational though), you receive the flower thingy+the raincoat+the swing. That's is nice, but unfair for the ones who live elsewhere.
Field Researcher
#56 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 5:59 PM
Well, it is kinda irritating that EA have made these items to hand out to stores rather than put in the actually game for everyone to enjoy but then the items are pointless anyway - Much prefer CC stuff. Even if I did want the items I wouldn't preorder, I don't like being dictated in the way EA and various gamestores are trying to do. :shrug:

So I'd just like to say to EA: Nyah-Nyah! :eviltongue Didn't work this time did it, you money grubbing gits! :P
Theorist
#57 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 6:37 PM
I got the bandit cat for preordering Pets and NEVER used it. I don't buy things based on preordering goodies.

I buy my games from where they are cheapest or if I have gift certificate.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#58 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 12:29 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
I got the bandit cat for preordering Pets and NEVER used it. I don't buy things based on preordering goodies.

I buy my games from where they are cheapest or if I have gift certificate.

Totally agree with ya there HCAC... I'm the same way. Half the time (or more) I don't even use the free crap that comes with the game when you pre-order. The things I can find on here are farrrrrr better than what comes with the game.

As for pre-ordering in general... ehh... sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. It just depends on how good the new EP sounds. Seasons is something I've wanted for a long time, so I decided to pre-order it. I'll also pick up a strategy guide when I go to get my game (cuz I always do that too).
Theorist
#59 Old 13th Feb 2007 at 9:02 AM
They should just include the items with the game but as with all these pre order items they have done before they do become available on other sites, I remeber back when Glamour came out everyone wanted the bestbuy tv and all 3 pre-order items were posted on MTS at one point.
Page 3 of 3