Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 2:22 PM
Default US/Canadian Sims Fans - Where Are You Pre-Ordering/Buying From?
Out of curiosity..where have you pre-ordered Seasons from or where will you buy it from?

I'm trying to decide between Amazon and Best Buy. I want to pre-order, but only if I will get it at home by the day it drops. If it doesn't come early, I'll probably just go buy it at Best Buy because I like the gift it comes with from there best.
Advertisement
Theorist
#2 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 2:56 PM
I'm definitely not pre-ordering Seasons after what happened with Pets. I pre-ordered Pets from the EA Store because I'm in Canada and I wanted the Bandit Cat. In the end there were shipping problems and the code for the Bandit Cat was allowed to be shared to boot. So, I'll be buying Seasons at EB Games this time.
Scholar
#3 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 5:26 PM
im 95% sure i wont preorder mostly because my town doesnt seem to rush out like crazy and grab up every last copy of the sims 2 eps lol but ifi did decide (mostly if th hubby or i decide to order somthing else anyways) id go amazon.com since they almost always ship games from a town like 2 hrs away so even with normal delivery its like getting 2day for free lol

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#4 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 5:29 PM
I'll probably get it from Best Buy XD i probably could get it cheaper with Wal-Mart, but since i don't like what they're up for, i refuse to shop there <3.
Sarcastic Evil Muppet
retired moderator
#5 Old 5th Feb 2007 at 9:23 PM
Nowhere :D
Field Researcher
#6 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 2:13 AM
we(me, my mom and aunties) already pre ordered, but my mom and i will get it from the gamestop by our house-we're already known as the 'sim girls', every game or ep we go there lol
#7 Old 6th Feb 2007 at 2:49 AM
I'm asking for it for my birthday, which is Feb. 21st, but I'll just ask for a Walmart girt card for $30. I'll might buy it, but I'll most likely pre-order it because I'm sick of going to Walmart the day it comes out and having to have the employees go to the back and look through 3 boxes and tell me its not there then call in later to find out that they found it in the back after opening another box. It drives me nuts! I'm not going through that again. And plus, I feel bad for their mentally ill employees!
#8 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 8:41 AM
I'm going to Target, because that's where the garden trellis is... Isn't it? Hmm, hope I don't end up going to the wrong store trying to track down the blasted bonus item.
#9 Old 7th Feb 2007 at 2:01 PM
http://www13.cd-wow.com/

Cheapest you will find.
#10 Old 9th Feb 2007 at 8:03 PM
Current Plan (and the one I voted for) is Target. That may possibly change.
Field Researcher
#11 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 1:22 AM
I'm not American nor Canadian, but I pre-ordered from a small shop next to my town :D
Test Subject
#12 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 3:08 AM
I jussst went and pre-ordered from Gamestop (which has EBGames printed on their receipts... weird). I've found they're farrrrrrrrr more reliable than the Best Buy a block away when it comes to the time of day they actually get the game in stock. At Best Buy, I pretty much have to call back every hour all day long (because that's what they tell me to do), and I'd rather just be playing my game. EBGames/ GameStop... you guys rockkkk!
Theorist
#13 Old 11th Feb 2007 at 6:40 PM
As much as I HATE Best Buy (can you say duh? when you speak to the majority of people at my local store) my husband gave me a $30.00 gift card for my birthday which should cover most of the cost of the game.

It's only 3 blocks from my house so if I want, I can walk there and get it or just run over anytime after the 27th. I am not flipping out about it. After Pets I have lowered my expectations.

"If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went." Will Rogers
Test Subject
#14 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 12:17 AM
Quote: Originally posted by HCAC
As much as I HATE Best Buy (can you say duh? when you speak to the majority of people at my local store) my husband gave me a $30.00 gift card for my birthday which should cover most of the cost of the game.

It's only 3 blocks from my house so if I want, I can walk there and get it or just run over anytime after the 27th. I am not flipping out about it. After Pets I have lowered my expectations.

Well, I too have lowered my expectations somewhat after Pets. However, I've alwaysss wanted weather in my game, and as long as there's heavy snow/ light snow... heavy rain/ light rain, and the chance for sunburns, lol... I'm pretty content with that. I also like the idea of having fun with the leaves in autumn, and catching fireflies/ butterflies in the spring. So we'll just see how it turns out
Lab Assistant
#15 Old 12th Feb 2007 at 4:38 AM
GameStop. I could buy it from Walmart, but I like the employees at our GameStop better. So I'd rather buy it from there.