Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 4:48 PM
Default Question about Seasons and custom content...
I have the Sims 2 base game and Sims 2 Seasons. I download clothes and stuff for my game and they all work fine on the base one. But I recently installed Seasons again and, although the clothes/makeup etc. is still there, the food and household objects aren't. As in, if I click on my fridge (with a sim who has top cooking skills) the option to make downloaded food isn't there, just the normal food. And if I go on buy/build mode the option to purchase downloaded content isn't there.

Any idea why? >_<

You can never be too random...
Floccinaucinihilipilification!
Advertisement
Lab Assistant
#2 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 5:07 PM
Regarding the food: have you checked if the dish you downloaded isn't available only at a certain time of the day? Some dishes are only available at lunch/breakfast/dinner etc, regardless of skill level.

For both food and household items: have you checked if the items you downloaded don't require other EPs? If they were made in a game with EPs/SPs you don't own, they won't work in your game. If they came from here at MTS, all the downloads should specify which packs you need, so try checking them again.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 5:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ginrouken
Regarding the food: have you checked if the dish you downloaded isn't available only at a certain time of the day? Some dishes are only available at lunch/breakfast/dinner etc, regardless of skill level.

For both food and household items: have you checked if the items you downloaded don't require other EPs? If they were made in a game with EPs/SPs you don't own, they won't work in your game. If they came from here at MTS, all the downloads should specify which packs you need, so try checking them again.

I have tried at all times of day and nothing... all my downloads have come from here, and I make sure to only download base game or Seasons compatible content.

You can never be too random...
Floccinaucinihilipilification!
Lab Assistant
#4 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 5:35 PM
Maybe you have turned CC off in-game? I wouldn't know, but maybe installing EPs autonomously turns of CC.

Just had an awesome house party

ON THE SIMS
Mad Poster
#5 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 5:51 PM Last edited by Peni Griffin : 17th Jan 2012 at 5:52 PM. Reason: repetitive redundancy; always proof even short posts!
Adding a new EP does in fact turn custom content enabling off. You have to enable it, exit the game, and get back in before your objects work.

Clothes (and, apparently, makeup) don't set off the warning flags as they are passive in the game.

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Lab Assistant
#6 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 10:01 PM
I recently installed seasons and some of my build mode objects were flashing blue. I basically uninstalled and reinstalled the CC and it worked. Maybe that will help?

That was not helpful, funny, or love!
transmogrified
retired moderator
#7 Old 17th Jan 2012 at 10:43 PM
Default MTS2 Staff Reply
strawberrydreams123 and Peni pretty much have it summed up. You need to re-enable cc after installing a new EP. If you don't know how, the "Getting Custom Content to Show Up" FAQ below will help.
  • Discussion - Sims 2 Custom Content
    Remember, as the message said that displayed before you posted your thread...

If you're having any problem, issue, error, or glitch with your game, that's a job for MTS's Help section. There's both articles with common issues as well as Q&A support forums where you can ask questions and get specific help.

Game Help:Downloading for Fracking Idiotswiki
    Game Help:Getting Custom Content to Show Upwiki
    Game Help:Finding Problem Custom Contentwiki

Pretty much everything you could want to know about downloading, installing, using, or removing custom content can be found in the above-linked FAQs!

If you still have trouble, you can post a new thread in the Help Q&A forums. There's a link to the Help Q&A forums at the top of every FAQ in the Help section. If you do post there, make sure to read and follow the directions that will display before you post there!

Good luck, and happy simming! :)

Locked thread | Locked by: mangaroo Reason: referred to FAQs