Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#1 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 8:57 AM
Default Odd Choices for Plantsims...
Have you ever made sims like the Beakers, Nervous Subject or Olive Specter into plantsims? I've heard that elder plantsims can still make spore children... so that would be a nifty alternative to her lacking an heir for her family name. Will hafta try that. But with Loki, I wonder what would happen if he were to become a plantsim and then you had his plantbabies grow up and spawn as well, and so on. What would the end result look like after a few generations? And it would be quite funny to have some grouchy, mean plantsims kicking over trashcans and making mayhem all over Strangetown or other subhoods if it's part of a megahood.

It would be a fun experiment: seeing how many fights would start up when another sim goes onto a community lot, and to see whether or not any other sims will be able to keep their newspapers. And would these plantsims have the eyebrows, or would they soon be bred out after ten or so generations(not a difficult feat considering plantbabies grow up in four days).
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 9:26 AM
After a few generations of plantsims, you'd probably end up with all of them looking identical to each other: the game uses one ideal plantsim (like the Pollination Technician) but, because they don't turn up in the family tree, you can continue spawning more plantsims along the generations. If you swapped out your ideal plantsims or used a multi-ideal plantsim mod then you'd get some variety: as to whether Loki's brows would continue to be passed down, that'd be a matter of chance.

Angelos Town Prosperity updated 11th June 2012. | Albion Falls BACC updated 25th April 2011.

Watch my Livesimming Channel -- 17th June 6PM GMT (2PM EST) Cresdale: Rules and Regulations (Part 2)
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#3 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 9:38 AM Last edited by JDacapo : 6th Apr 2012 at 9:53 AM.
Quote: Originally posted by katya_stevens
After a few generations of plantsims, you'd probably end up with all of them looking identical to each other: the game uses one ideal plantsim (like the Pollination Technician) but, because they don't turn up in the family tree, you can continue spawning more plantsims along the generations. If you swapped out your ideal plantsims or used a multi-ideal plantsim mod then you'd get some variety: as to whether Loki's brows would continue to be passed down, that'd be a matter of chance.

I do have a multi-ideal, as well as an overlay replacement, so the original skintone shows up, with some markings here and there.

Edit: I've just realized how much havoc turning Loki into a plantsim would would cause... I have this mod which makes it so the pollen cloud prank will turn other sims into plantsims. If Loki were to spawn a bunch of grouchy plantbabies, I think they would likely pull a lot of pranks on community lots, especially when another family is being played on said lots. Could make for an interesting storyline about a mysterious plant-virus XD
The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#4 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 12:18 PM
Quote: Originally posted by katya_stevens
As to whether Loki's brows would continue to be passed down, that'd be a matter of chance.

I don't think Loki does chance - those brows would survive a nuclear apocalypse.

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Scholar
#5 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 5:09 PM
Quote: Originally posted by maxon
I don't think Loki does chance - those brows would survive a nuclear apocalypse.
They certainly survived a GoS Good Genes Challenge in my case... the brows were scarier than the original dodgy genetics!

No need to use my full name, "Selly" will do just fine.
Mad Poster
Original Poster
#6 Old 6th Apr 2012 at 6:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Selly_2009
They certainly survived a GoS Good Genes Challenge in my case... the brows were scarier than the original dodgy genetics!

Well, those brows can and do get skipped at the very least - Loki's alien daughter, Persephone, doesn't have the Loki-brows(or his mean-spirited personality - she's a sweetie!). Loki can have a cute baby, at least from alien abductions XD

But I'm seriously thinking of making another custom hood and having Ashley Pitts abuse the spray. Dunno if he'll turn into a plantsim as a young adult or if it'd happen later on, but if he were to spawn a bunch of grouchy plantbabies, I think the entire adult population would be in danger of being turned, since Ashley is both playful and grouchy - he'd probably pollen-cloud all the visitors! It'd be interesting to see what happens if I leave that part alone.

And while that is happening, I might have a few sims become werewolves and get abducted, and of course become vampires, just to get the fears more varied. And then of course there's the skunks. I wanna scramble the fears, and perhaps turn some passerbys into witches(it's fun).