Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 11:05 PM
Default wildfire of the century!
So I was just playing a house and it consists of a couple and their two dogs. The dogs are penned and the couple goes to work at like 8 am and no one is home until 3. Well there happened to be a storm that morning right about 9:30 and suddenly the tree in the front yard was on fire but it decided to stop raining so it just kept on fire. The only fire alarms are IN the house so it just keeps burning. The maid comes along at 10:00 and starts freaking out. She ends up dying. Some passerby townie ends up dying. four out of the five trees in the front yard are ashes by the end, ALL the flowerbeds burned, about 50 percent of the hedges did too. The dogs kept barking through this five hour fire and are about as stupid as Sims about it because they forget to eat the food right there and just keep freaking out about the fire it took TWO firemen about three sims hours to put it out! I got a snapshot of the Grim Reaper taking the passerby plus the two fire men trying to put out all the little pops of flame. Both the Husband and Wife caught on fire a multiple amount of times because they wouldn't just go back inside. It was crazy, it was the craziest fire thing I have ever seen!

Uh oh! My social bar is low - that's why I posted today.

Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 9th Jun 2012 at 11:31 PM
Okay! I dont really want to sound mean, but that was hilarious and sad!

I once had a tree caught on fire in TP in Ryan family's house where a tree got struck by lightning and went on fire, the rain stopped, but the fire didn't, so the fire just continued on, until the tree turned to ashes, so are the leaves on the ground beside. No one was at home, the teens were at school and the foster parents were dead. Fortunately no one died.

I once had a neighborhood,. which I stopped playing because a) it was corrupted and b) it was full of sims, the family planning was just wrong. Anyway, I had a man who owned a restaurant with some trees out-front to rake out the leaves, however, I was stupid enough to let him burn them, so they did and so did he and everything close to the burning leaves, since they were close to other trees. Lets just say, his ghost came back home in his car. WOW! He left behind a wife and three boys.
Inventor
#3 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 1:25 AM
Wow ^ I've had sims walk straight through burning leaves and they never caught fire.

I had one instance where a tree caught fire and it stopped raining, the wife runs outside and tries to put it out then catches on fire, her husband runs out after calling the fire brigade, he tries to extinguish her but catches fire himself, luckily after he extinguishes his wife, the fire brigade turns up, ignores the burning man since trees are more important, they put out the tree while the wife puts out the husband, she's all in red, I've got maxmotives on standby, and wallah, she catches on fire again. Surprisingly I didn't need to use maxmotives, everyone survived, including the damn tree, but the wife had a rather restless sleep that night. P:

Fires are fun!
Field Researcher
#4 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 2:43 AM
Damn, those poor Sims of yours literally went through a living hell...And I never knew trees could burn up entirely!
If something like that were ever to happen in my freak-controlled game, I'd probably make the dogs controllable and have them go about their own business while the entire lot gets devoured by fire. The NPCs are less important...

P.S. Am I the only sadistic monster here who is curious to see the screenshot of the fire?
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#5 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 4:31 AM
Haha I'll have to put it up later, it's on my 'sims' playing computer and since I'm on a mac it didn't have a windowed mode.

The Great AntiJen
retired moderator
#6 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 11:03 AM
ooo - I want the spooky car returning home on its own too. <goes to get matches>

I no longer come over to MTS very often but if you would like to ask me a question then you can find me on tumblr or my own site tflc. TFLC has an archive of all my CC downloads.
I'm here on tumblr and my site, tflc
Mad Poster
#7 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 11:21 AM
I love it when unplanned stuff like this happens. It's so funny. I had a similar situation in TS3 when I first got it.

I made my sim-self and got her a job, and a husband, and expanded their house. Then on their child's birthday she threw a party and the cake set the kitchen alight . Bless her heart, she kept trying to run out of the house to save the baby but the stupid guests were all freaking out in the doorway, where their darned curiosity had led them, and she couldn't get out. I cried, "Noooo!" as she started to burn, thinking how my first TS3 family was a failure, but luckily I was able to save her.

In TS2 I just unlock the cowplant's gate when I want a bit of drama.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#8 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 6:25 PM
The link for that Fire of the century picture is : http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4...s/SIMS/fire.png

The bigger piles of ashes are where the full grown trees were before they burned down. The Grim Reaper is taking care of the passerby that caught aflame and perished.

Mad Poster
#9 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 6:31 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charmful
The link for that Fire of the century picture is : http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a4...s/SIMS/fire.png

The bigger piles of ashes are where the full grown trees were before they burned down. The Grim Reaper is taking care of the passerby that caught aflame and perished.

Is it bad that I think that's awesome? :-D
Mad Poster
#10 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 8:30 PM
Great googly moogly!

Why didn't the house burn down?

Ugly is in the heart of the beholder.
(My simblr isSim Media Res . Widespot,Widespot RFD: The Subhood, and Land Grant University are all available here. In case you care.)
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#11 Old 10th Jun 2012 at 9:04 PM
Not sure, maybe because it was on a foundation? The maid actually caught on fire IN the house and died. Also the wife came home and called the fire department and caught on fire IN the house so maybe the floors were too hot to stand on?

Field Researcher
#12 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 4:40 PM
Maxis logic - lot catches on fire, everything burns down except the house itself. Yay for fire-proof houses!
Mad Poster
#13 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 8:32 PM
I've had a teen townie accidentally set fire to my Sims' model railroad. Even though I had a smoke detector nearby, it was in a building at the back of the lot and it took the firefighters some time to get there. I thought he'd survived it, but I guess his motives had dropped way too low before he could autonomously leave, and he died on the back porch.

Another grave in the cemetery....

Who is Q? qanon.pub
Field Researcher
#14 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 8:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by AlexandraSpears
I've had a teen townie accidentally set fire to my Sims' model railroad.

The same thing happened in my game yesterday.One of my Sims brought a townie colleague from work and I foolishly left the guest unattended...First thing she does? Goes to the garage and sets the railroad model on fire, along with pretty much everything else that was there. That's why I hate inviting townie Sims to my homes - they always act as though they were raised in a barn.
Top Secret Researcher
#15 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 9:24 PM
Wow. Whew, I am sorry but I couldn't stop laughing not only at the story, but then the picture. I think its not only am I sadistic, but just imagining the story, had me rolling. I could actually see it. Whew...Ahem.

Charmful, I am sorry for your townie loss, as well as the maid.

"Queen of the Damned seeks knight in shining piercings for pleasure, pain and purring"--Scary Mary from the Urbz: Sims In The City

"A Famous Explorer once said: 'The extraordinary is in what we do, not who we are.'"--Lara Croft from Tomb Raider 2013
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 9:56 PM
I once had a club community lot, where I had bought those little flame jet things that came with... Nightlife, I think, under the assumption that they wouldn't cause actual fires. And they were right next to some velvet rope.

Both "bouncers" died, half the patrons waiting at the ticket machines died, and the owner just barely survived. It was amazing.
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#17 Old 11th Jun 2012 at 11:45 PM
Oh it's fine, I stashed the urns in the foundation hoping for some ghost action since I rarely get any. Hopefully the fiery spirits will manifest!

Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#18 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 12:51 AM
Wow, that's crazy, but funny while also being horrible all at the same time! Hope the dogs were okay.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Instructor
#19 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 6:23 AM
Good thing this is not real, because I really enjoyed your description of the centuryfire.... and wonderful picture!
I would have had super enormous panic moment if that had happened to my game!
Link Ninja
Original Poster
#20 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 8:38 AM
It was pretty bad. I could only watch since no one was controllable. The dogs were fine, eventually though the game did berate me about one of the dogs starting to starve because it couldn't stop barking and go eat.

Top Secret Researcher
#21 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 7:52 PM
Somewhere I saw a picture from someone's game, where the school bus caught fire. Think it was on the Build a City community over at LJ.
Top Secret Researcher
#22 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 8:19 PM
The first time I tried to run a business, I was playing Malcolm Landgraab IV and we went to Club Dante.

Someone set the stove on fire.

Somebody died.

I was flipping out.

I didn't touch businesses for a while, after that.

Simblr.
Asks are always open, even to anons. I will always reply to asks, and I do my best to be cordial/less snarky than usual.
Mad Poster
#23 Old 12th Jun 2012 at 11:58 PM
I imagine Club Dante didn't get a good review....

Who is Q? qanon.pub