Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Test Subject
Original Poster
#1 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 8:38 AM
Default Feedback on new site
I just signed in and discovered that there was a site update while I was away. I wanted to give my feedback, but this is the only place I found for it. I do not like the new style. It gives me 1 1/2 inches of blue border around your content which makes everything else smaller. I was going to complain about the sidebar, but I did discover that it could be hide before I finished typing this. I think all the other updates might be good if you could do something about the border. Resizing my window doesn't make much of a difference.
Advertisement
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#2 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 7:51 PM
On larger monitors, there is actually much more space for the browser (and less borders) than the old one. So my question is - what resolution monitor are you running at? I would guess it's a fairly low resolution. If you can let me know then I can optimise it a bit more

Story books are full of fairy tales, of Kings and Queens, and the bluest skies.
Test Subject
Original Poster
#3 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 9:42 AM
Default Reply
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
On larger monitors, there is actually much more space for the browser (and less borders) than the old one. So my question is - what resolution monitor are you running at? I would guess it's a fairly low resolution. If you can let me know then I can optimise it a bit more

Sorry, I wasn't paying attention to this post. My display resolution is 1366x768 which is the recommended setting for my monitor. The size of monitor, I think, is 20 inch.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#4 Old 12th Sep 2021 at 1:44 PM
Yup, thats a fairly low resolution these days - far more people have 1080p monitors these days so that's what it's designed for. I'll see if I can adjust the amount of padding on your resolution.

Test Subject
Original Poster
#5 Old 13th Sep 2021 at 3:13 AM
Default Thank you
Quote: Originally posted by Tashiketh
Yup, thats a fairly low resolution these days - far more people have 1080p monitors these days so that's what it's designed for. I'll see if I can adjust the amount of padding on your resolution.

Thank you. I haven't played around with the resolution; all the resolution did in Win XP was make the icons smaller so when I got a computer with Win 10, I just used the recommended resolution. I like the updated search feature. It used to be that you could only search with one word or it would find nothing. You do a good job maintaining your site. Thank you for all your hard work. Since I play a medieval Sims 2, I mainly only use 2 sites to find downloads. This one and Plumb Bob Keep (http://www.medievalsims.com).
Mad Poster
#6 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 1:16 AM
Borrowing thread to give feedback. I like the new system, seems like a good blend of old and new.

Having an issue though, that seems unintentional. When viewing a specific creators uploads, the sidebar is not accessible. There's nothing there to bring it out. Right now I'm looking at Keef1973's catalog of residential lots, and I wanted to filter out so that I only see beach lots because I'm trying to find a specific one, but I can't find a way to do so. I thought I was just blind at first, but then I went to TS2 section and lots, and I found the sidebar there and could filter out so it's only beach lots. Went back to keef1973 and the sidebar is simply not there.

Attached an image to show what I'm referring to, since it might be hard to understand if you aren't seeing what I'm seeing
Screenshots

Creations can be found on my on tumblr.
Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#7 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 12:11 PM
@gummilutt Thanks for the feedback, that is indeed an unintentional side effect. What's happening is that the "user page" is overriding the code that displays the sidebar (or not), so I'll need to look into that. Thanks!

Warrior Gryphon
site owner
#8 Old 4th Oct 2021 at 12:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by VelvetSilverRose
Thank you. I haven't played around with the resolution; all the resolution did in Win XP was make the icons smaller so when I got a computer with Win 10, I just used the recommended resolution. I like the updated search feature. It used to be that you could only search with one word or it would find nothing. You do a good job maintaining your site. Thank you for all your hard work. Since I play a medieval Sims 2, I mainly only use 2 sites to find downloads. This one and Plumb Bob Keep (http://www.medievalsims.com).

@VelvetSilverRose I did some testing but I'm not seeing a large amount of padding or whitespace - see the following image. (I'm on Windows 10, but set my browser to 1366x768)

Can you post a screenshot of how it looks for you? Thanks
Screenshots

Test Subject
#9 Old 14th Dec 2021 at 10:11 PM
Default Thanked Not Tracking
Just a note that when viewing my dowloads list it shows that no downloads have been thanked. After submitting a Thanks to a download I have tested and enjoy it still shows not thanked. Not a big deal but just letting you know it's not working for me