Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 10:58 AM Last edited by ichigo2006 : 30th Sep 2021 at 12:07 PM.
Default [SOLVED] A mod that stops taking money when leaving house?
I hate it when one person leaves the household and they take a portion of money with them.

Is there a mod so that they do not take any money?
Advertisement
Mad Poster
#2 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 11:05 AM
No20KHandout maybe?

CHANGES:
Eliminates the magic 20K handout when a sim moves out or graduates from
college. A sim moving out will simply take a proportional split of the
cash reserves of the current family. No more. No such thing as a free
lunch. If a sim family breaks up, the sim being booted out will take the
minimum amount to afford a lot, 3K, from the treasury if available.
Otherwise, he gets whatever is left. If that's not enough to afford even the
odd 2x2 lot....too bad! Life's a bitch and then you're raped by wild boars!
Added Round Mound of Gray Fatness feature: Carrying a programmed FFS Money
Order object in the master moving-out sim's inventory will remove that much
from household funds instead of an even split. If there is insufficient funds,
all funds will be taken.

http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/ffs/al/hacks/
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 11:18 AM
Thank you Charity so much

With No20K handout, the moving out person still gets some money? I wondered if there is a mod where it's 0?
Needs Coffee
retired moderator
#4 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 11:35 AM
The moving out person gets a cut of the household funds. You could lower that by depositing money into Monique's online banking computer so household funds are lower.

"I dream of a better tomorrow, where chickens can cross the road and not be questioned about their motives." - Unknown
~Call me Jo~
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#5 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 12:02 PM
Good idea thank you
Mad Poster
#6 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 7:25 AM
Do be wary of Pescado's description though. If you don't leave the moving out person enough to afford their own lot then they'll have to move in with someone or stay in the bin forever.
just a girl
#7 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 5:34 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ichigo2006
I hate it when one person leaves the household and they take a portion of money with them.

Is there a mod so that they do not take any money?

I'm 90% sure that this is how the game works by default, except for university lots. If you're not talking about university, maybe you need not to add a mod, but to remove one?
Mad Poster
#8 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lamare
I'm 90% sure that this is how the game works by default, except for university lots. If you're not talking about university, maybe you need not to add a mod, but to remove one?

By default everyone gets 20k when they move out.
just a girl
#9 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 5:39 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Charity
By default everyone gets 20k when they move out.

I thought ichigo2006 meant that they didn't want sims to take a portion of the household's money. I might have misunderstood the question, sorry.
Alchemist
#10 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 6:37 PM
@ichigo2006 With Pescado's Money Order, you can specify how much money a sim moving out takes with them. It can be zero, or all the family funds. Basically:
1. Place money order (you'll find it in Misc/Misc in the Buy Catalog) and set the amount of money you want the sim(s) to move out with
2. Put the money order in the inventory of the sim moving out; if you are moving out a group of sims, you must put it in the inventory of the sim doing the Find Own Place interaction
3. Tell the sim with the money order in their inventory to Find Own Place, like normal--they will move out with whatever amount the money order says, even 0

It's available in the same directory Charity linked to above.

"Thinking of you, wherever you are. We pray for our sorrows to end, and hope that our hearts will blend." - Kingdom Hearts

XPTL Mod Archive | Change a Mod's Mesh into a CC Object | Increasing the Game Difficulty | Editing ACR 4 Your Age Mod
aka Kelyns | she/her
Lab Assistant
Original Poster
#11 Old 29th Sep 2021 at 7:06 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Phantomknight
@ichigo2006 With Pescado's Money Order, you can specify how much money a sim moving out takes with them. It can be zero, or all the family funds. Basically:
1. Place money order (you'll find it in Misc/Misc in the Buy Catalog) and set the amount of money you want the sim(s) to move out with
2. Put the money order in the inventory of the sim moving out; if you are moving out a group of sims, you must put it in the inventory of the sim doing the Find Own Place interaction
3. Tell the sim with the money order in their inventory to Find Own Place, like normal--they will move out with whatever amount the money order says, even 0

It's available in the same directory Charity linked to above.

Thank you so much