Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Inventor
Original Poster
#1 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 9:07 AM

This user has the following games installed:

Sims 2, University, Nightlife, Open for Business, Pets, Seasons, Bon Voyage, Free Time, Apartment Life
Default How long does it take before the Chemistry modifications are applied into gameplay?
I use Midgethetree's version of Romantic Standards. Before, I've also used VVQB's Zodiac Compatibility Overhaul mod, but I removed it temporarily because I'm not sure if it's compatible with Midge's mod.

Are the chemistry modifications applied immediately into gameplay, or does it take some time before they kick in? Because I found some odd attractions, like two lightning bolts between a Knowledge Virgo Sim and a Popularity-Romance Leo Sim, even though they have opposite personalities (shy vs outgoing, sloppy vs neat), the net Zodiac match is -35, and they only have one turn-on match.

I also checked Cyon's chemistry study page, but I have to do the math yet.
Advertisement
Forum Resident
#2 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 1:33 PM
In my testing I found that Chemistry generally calculates each time two Sims interact. So if the Sims haven't interacted since you removed the mod, then their old chemistry would likely still be displayed in their relationship panels.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Inventor
Original Poster
#3 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 2:33 PM
@HobbesED: thanks for the info. Does it also count if the Sim does the "Check Sim Out" interaction?
Forum Resident
#4 Old 27th Sep 2021 at 5:41 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Softlism
@HobbesED: thanks for the info. Does it also count if the Sim does the "Check Sim Out" interaction?

Absolutely. I used the "Check Out" interaction frequently when testing my Secondary Aspiration Attraction mod since it alters Sims' chemistry/attraction scores also.

All of my Conversions, Creations and Stories may be found here:
HobbesED's Conversions and Creations

My most recently shared items (with pictures) may also be found here:
HobbesED's Dreamwidth

Mad Poster
#5 Old 28th Sep 2021 at 12:30 AM
If you use Cyjon's debugger, using "My Chemistry With..." interaction will recalculate chemistry between the sims without them having to interact. They both have to be on the lot, but being on the other end of a phone call also counts as being on the lot for that purpose.