Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 6:27 AM
Default Flummer
I just received word from a friend over at The Sims Resource tonight that anyone who pre-orders Seasons will receive a new, avaliable to pre-orders only season......Flummer.

From the glances that I took at the information it seems like a very weird season which takes place in the period between winter and spring. Other than that, please bare with me as I find more information.

Thanks!
Ben
Advertisement
#2 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:59 AM
Very interesting...not sure how it will work...but still interesting
#3 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:34 AM
Flummer? Thats a very weird name...
Field Researcher
#4 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:40 AM
I think that "Ummer" is probably taken from Summer... What would the "Fl" be from.... Fall?

Please call me Ace
Field Researcher
#5 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 10:57 AM
Flummer? Odd word.. Curious as to what it will be. :P

It is only with the heart that one can see rightly;
what is essential is invisible to the eye.
Scholar
#6 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 8:50 PM
weird if its actually a new season id consider preordeing then ..insted of just for a object like they normally do

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
retired moderator
#7 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 8:52 PM
I was thinking the "ummer" comes from summer and the "fl" was from like flurries (like snow or something?) but I have no clue. If it really, truly is a new season Im totally pre-ordering, but it sounds a little too good... for Maxis standards anyways

Formerly known as boolPropped
e3 d3 Ne2 Nd2 Nb3 Ng3
retired moderator
#8 Old 9th Jan 2007 at 9:16 PM
Hehe, sounds like a joke to me!
#9 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 1:37 AM
I agree with simsample and boolPropped. It sounds too good to be true. Maxis wouldn't add something that major to the game for people who pre-order only. I don't think it would be possible to download that, anyways. And when Maxis is trying to encourage everyone to have all 4 seasons of the year, why add a 5th when you can only have 4 seasons?
Instructor
#10 Old 10th Jan 2007 at 3:42 PM
Hmmm... If it IS true... It won't be that good. They daren't risk breaking their tradition by making a half decent preorder item!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Theorist
#11 Old 11th Jan 2007 at 10:28 PM
LOL Cheese...I like the Bandit Cat though. Yeah, an entire season as a pre-order gift? Sounds iffy, but since the pre-order gift for Pets was the Bandit Cat and it relates to the theme of that EP it could be true. However, "Flummer" sounds like a Fall-Summer mix to me. :shrug:
#12 Old 14th Jan 2007 at 3:05 AM
And the fact that you had to pre-order on that one night just to get the download makes it a hoax in my book. And plus, it would have been on every fansite if it were true, Maxis wouldn't make something so big so confidential...

Its a cool idea, though! I'd love to have a mixed season. Its just very fishy.
Theorist
#13 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 3:40 AM
Okay, I think this "Flummer" season can be proved false because on the official Sims 2 website they show all the pre-order bonuses. Flummer is not one of them.
#14 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 3:36 PM
I would have to agree, Captain THPS4.
Instructor
#15 Old 19th Jan 2007 at 4:43 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Captain THPS4
LOL Cheese...I like the Bandit Cat though. Yeah, an entire season as a pre-order gift? Sounds iffy, but since the pre-order gift for Pets was the Bandit Cat and it relates to the theme of that EP it could be true. However, "Flummer" sounds like a Fall-Summer mix to me. :shrug:

Bandit cat? Hah! You know you can unlock the mask, and make your own Bandit cat breed in bodyshop!

Yeah... alright, you can PM me to request a house I suppose... Might take a while though as forewarning...
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 6:03 PM
Where can you find the pre-order bonuses on the sims website?
Lab Assistant
#17 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 6:04 PM
Quote: Originally posted by TaylaJay
Where can you find the pre-order bonuses on the sims website?

Here you go: http://thesims2.ea.com/about/ep5_order.php
Lab Assistant
#18 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 6:21 PM
Hehe, Thank you
Test Subject
#19 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 6:45 PM
I wonder if they're doing the code thing, and since the Target and Best Buy games are downloads, I think they're going with codes again. Like other people say, I don't think that there'll be a Flummer. It can be used with an item, as a possibility of course, but I don't think it'll happen.

CODE LYOKO!!!!!!!!!
Instructor
#20 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 7:02 PM
I am so glad I'm getting my ep from target! I want that trellis! HAHAHAAAA!!! *ahem* Sorry! But I think that the code idea is better than the preorder gift. I'm just worried that I may not be able to get the ep in time, since it's in the middle of the week when it comes out... Oh, well. Just have to wait and see, won't we?

Ciao,
~M~

ps. What was the pre-order gift for OFB? I got it a few weeks after it was out, so I didn't get to see it. Just wondering...
Instructor
#21 Old 27th Jan 2007 at 7:03 PM
OFB Preorder gift was a chicken suit and a chicken statue, available all over the exchange within minutes of the game being out!

Theorist
#22 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 1:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by gamerkev
I wonder if they're doing the code thing, and since the Target and Best Buy games are downloads, I think they're going with codes again.

Yeah, I really hope they do the code sharing again, I felt cheated when I pre-ordered Pets to get the Bandit Cat just to see that everyone else could get it. I wonder if sims will be attracted to the Best Buy swingset as much as the base game one?
Scholar
#23 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 2:43 AM
ugh i hope not because if i was to actually preorder (which is highly unlikely) id probaly go for that one but man i cant get a darn thing done on a lot thats got the original swingsets on it id hate to have 2 swingsets that i couldnt both to use lol

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#24 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 3:23 AM
The problem is that something so big can't be just "added". It would force it for the pre-order and the no pre-order expansions to be 2 different expansions. And, with so many things related to that issue (downloads, software, patches, future expansions, etc), the idea becomes impossible
Original Poster
#25 Old 29th Jan 2007 at 2:33 PM
Wow .. lots of replies.

I was just searching around The Sims 2: Seasons mainsite and couldn't really find anything concerning Flummer specifically but I did find something in the pre-order description that might be pointing towards this topic. View below:

Quote: Originally posted by Maxis Pre-Order Description for Seasons
Head outdoors for year-round fun with your Sims! New seasonal activities await your Sims including snowball fights, chasing fireflies, jumping in leaf piles, and more. Strengthen family ties in Winter, let romance bloom in Spring, deepen the bonds of friendship in Summer, or fast-track your career in Fall. Your Sims can now explore new careers and master new talents throughout the year, but beware freezing, heatstroke, sneezing, and other unexpected weather effects! Dress your Sims appropriately or face the consequences!

Could these "other unexpected weather effects" be pointing towards Flummer?

Thanks!
Benny Boy
Page 1 of 2