Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Original Poster
#1 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 4:59 PM
New Diseases?
Okay, I admit it, I'm a little sadistic in the fact that I like to givemy sims diseases. Do you think there will be any new ones in the EP that I can inflict on my sims?

Don't worry, I never let my sims actually die . I just think it's funny when they have food poisoning :smash: .

I read that they can get sunburned... what about heatstroke or frostbite?
Advertisement
Field Researcher
#2 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 7:12 PM
I just read that sims have a new bar to show how cold they are. If they get too cold, the sim will freeze and drop to the ground! They can be revived with a hair dryer. I don't know if this can kill them, but it does happen...

"Why do we drink cow milk? Who was the guy who first looked at a cow and said 'I think I'll drink whatever comes out of these things when I squeeze 'em!'?" -Calvin and Hobbes
Test Subject
#3 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 7:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SpacemanHPSpiff
I just read that sims have a new bar to show how cold they are. If they get too cold, the sim will freeze and drop to the ground! They can be revived with a hair dryer. I don't know if this can kill them, but it does happen...

You mean like hypothermia? Or do they just freeze into a block of ice? The latter sounds funny as heck.
Original Poster
#4 Old 19th Dec 2006 at 9:59 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Chandi
You mean like hypothermia? Or do they just freeze into a block of ice? The latter sounds funny as heck.

I read that it's the latter in one of the articles, sounds hilarious.

I don't want my sims to die, I love them too much. I'm just sick of the old diseases. I wish that Pets had had a hamster disease .
Instructor
#5 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 2:33 AM
Ooh, I hope so!

I was just thinking yesterday after playing the Sims 2 for the first time in ages that I would like my Sims to get ill more often with a wider range of illness rather than posioning.

I'd love for Sims to be able to get hypothermia or sun stroke.
#6 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 5:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SpacemanHPSpiff

The sim will actually get cold or maybe to hot,i can't wait for this game to come out.although i wish it was Vacations,Seasons sounds like it will be quite interesting.
Original Poster
#7 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 5:45 AM
Actually, I think if they just made a heightened chance to get a disease in certain circumstances I'll be happy.
Field Researcher
#8 Old 20th Dec 2006 at 7:37 AM
it would be funny if they swam in the pool when its cold! or pull off a David Blane trick with the block of ice hahahah or when the get hot they open the refrigerators and stick their head in it or run around nude on public lots and other sims gasping and the sim has a look on their face and is like "shut up stupid I am very hot right now" or like when they get cold they put their butt to the fire.and like when they get cold they shake except they shake uncontrolably and if they are siting and their too cold they fall out of the chair shaking hahhahaha that would be hilarious hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha ok I am done.
#9 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 1:44 AM
Mother: You are not ill, you can go to school
Kid: Mom, you should check my temperature again. We can never be too sure...

Army of white blood cells: General, we keep receiving orders of letting the virus defeat us!
Field Researcher
#10 Old 5th Jan 2007 at 8:01 PM
Someone's been watching The Simpsons too much!
Lab Assistant
#11 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 10:51 AM
When one of my sims get sick, I never let them sleep more or work (cleaning the house and stuff) less but they get better anyway. So I don't need a new disease.
Original Poster
#12 Old 6th Jan 2007 at 7:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Bad kay
When one of my sims get sick, I never let them sleep more or work (cleaning the house and stuff) less but they get better anyway. So I don't need a new disease.

LOL same here!!! I used to try to keep my sims standing all the time. I wish there was some way to make them permanent.
#13 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 5:42 AM
Mmm. Diseases! XD
Field Researcher
#14 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 6:58 PM
Actually, I read in one of the Seasons preview articles (I can't remember which site) that yes, a sim can actually freeze if they get too cold ... actually turning into a frozen statue And yes, they CAN be revived with a blow dryer ... HOWEVER ... they CAN and WILL die if they are not thawed out. MUAHAHAHAAA! I dunno if they can die from heatstroke though. :O))
#15 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 9:58 PM
I heard that if you live by yourself or no one else is home when you freeze that walk-by sims can save you too! xP
Lab Assistant
#16 Old 24th Feb 2007 at 10:10 PM
Default Sunscreen
Hopefully, we will need to apply Sunscreen to our Sims in the Summer......

(Insert Cheesy Pron Music here - and a Nakie Patch, of course!)

I would think that there will probably be some strange Plant-like Disease, maybe you will slowly turn Green like the Aliens except more Freaky.....I'm trying to think of that Outer Space Pod Movie.....errrg!
My Brain is Mush.

Yes, some kind of Freaky Plant thingy.

:P
Inventor
#17 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 2:08 PM
YO people who get to warm diiiiiiiie, they burn...with fire..
i dunno about frozen, if it can kill or not. but when my kid got frozen it got taken away by me TT.TT
Mad Poster
#18 Old 27th Jan 2012 at 4:36 PM
Since you have resurrected this thread: freezing and getting too hot does NOT kill. But if kids get too hot, they will get taken away. And since they will get too hot from dancing or jumping on a bed (dumb!), I have a mod that stops the social worker. I LIKE to freeze Sims, it's funny.

Stand up, speak out. Just not to me..
Lab Assistant
#19 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 1:11 PM
When I first saw this im like WTF!!!

Then I thought maybe I went back in time.

Then I realised someone rezzed this very very old thread.

Any a ways I would like more illnesses What was that mod too make illnesses longer or worse or something ...Insert question mark here....

www.sweetiesims.webs.com
Is looking for moderaters!
We are in the budding stage but still have some truely unique content. Please take 2 seconds to check it out.

JOIN THE NEWEST REBELIATION AGAINST SIMS 3! SIMS 2 WILL TRUELY ALWAYS BE BETTER!
Mad Poster
#20 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 7:15 PM
I thought this was going to be like the 'hacks you want to see' thread. Then I wondered if I'd wandered into the TS3 forums by mistake.
Anyway! Lolapola, there is a mod on MATY that apparently makes illnesses more realistic. And fatal. I haven't had a chance to try it out yet, but I intend to - I've had families where children have grown up and died of old age and NEVER lost the cold they caught as kids!
Lab Assistant
#21 Old 29th Jan 2012 at 10:36 PM
Quote:
Hopefully, we will need to apply Sunscreen to our Sims in the Summer......

(Insert Cheesy Pron Music here - and a Nakie Patch, of course!)

I would think that there will probably be some strange Plant-like Disease, maybe you will slowly turn Green like the Aliens except more Freaky.....I'm trying to think of that Outer Space Pod Movie.....errrg!
My Brain is Mush.

Yes, some kind of Freaky Plant thingy.

Are you psychic?

What's the point in thinking when you speak your mind?
----
This useless item right here is an asset!