Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#76 Old 22nd May 2007 at 2:20 PM
That's about what you'd expect, Tosh. The game randomized genetics between births of those twins so they look different. The personality thing is likely just a coincidence. Eye colour and hair colour does have levels of dominance/recessiveness so that's understandable as well.

Gender is purely 50/50, decided at birth. Whether you roll the pacifier or not, you can save before birth and reload and get either a boy or a girl (unless the pregnant sim was self-impregnated, in which case the baby will always be an opposite gender clone of the parent). Twins are decided during impregnation (most of the time) or during the course of the pregnancy (forcetwins/cheesecake).

Here's the steps in as clear wording as I can possibly think of, for a somewhat complex concept (bottom of the page kinda): http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?..._Help:Pregnancy

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
Advertisement
#77 Old 22nd May 2007 at 2:25 PM
Thank you so much HP, you are marvellous help. Won't be hearing from me again in this thread
#78 Old 22nd May 2007 at 2:57 PM
I've wanted to ask for sometime now, what is rolling the pacifier? I try to click on the pacifier icon when the baby is born but nothing happen?

noob!
world renowned whogivesafuckologist
retired moderator
#79 Old 22nd May 2007 at 3:00 PM
nixie, read the information on the link I gave in my last post. It defines the term "Rolling the Pacifier" as well as "Firstborn Syndrome" and explains what you need to do and why.

my simblr (sometimes nsfw)

“Dude, suckin’ at something is the first step to being sorta good at something.”
Panquecas, panquecas e mais panquecas.
#80 Old 3rd Jun 2007 at 6:02 AM
That did happen to me yesterday, I forgot to roll it before Rianne gave birth to Gavin. But if you look at Gavin and his brother, Brock, they obviously have different genetics. *shrug* It would be incredibly nice if Maxis fixed the problem, but apparently they haven't yet.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 7:03 AM
Haha, I learned my lesson when one of my Sims had three identical children in three subsequent pregnancies. The first is a twin, and her twin sister is noticeably different (but still has the same skintone), but the subsequent two were clones of the first sister. It got so bad, I could predict with 100% accuracy what gender and skintone the next child would have: boy, girl, boy, girl, boy...etc. etc.!

After their mother had another set of twins with exactly the same skintone as all the previous children, I got pissed and rerolled. I finally got a baby with its mother's instead of its father's skintone, and both twins had radically different personalities. Now I never play the same Sim family without re-rolling every time they give birth.

"Make believe in magic, make believe in dreams
Make believe impossible, nothing as it seems
See, touch, taste, smell, hear, but never know if it's real"
--The Cure, "More Than This"
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 6th Jun 2007 at 7:13 AM
I've actually never heard of Rolling the Pacifier before now, and I've never done it myself, although I've never had a baby that was a clone of it's siblings. My Sims kids always seem to be considerably different from each other, (different skintones, hair, eyecolor, and facial structure). I didn't even realize this was a problem for some people. (Perhaps I've just been lucky, or "rolled the pacifier" unintentionally?)
Lab Assistant
#83 Old 7th Jun 2007 at 4:38 AM
I got a new computer a year or two ago, and I remember that on the old computer Dustin Broke married Angela Pleasant. They had two of the ugliest twin babies I've ever seen. On the new computer, Beau Broke married Angela and they had those SAME two ugly twins.

I even rolled the pacifier before hand. What's the deal with THAT?
Locked thread | Locked by: HystericalParoxysm Reason: Common Thread Topic.
Page 4 of 4