Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
Quick Reply
Search this Thread
#76 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 4:38 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dream_operator23
I'd say that they at least need a greenhouse because they have to have a sunlamp to survive. When I made my plantsim witout any cheats, he didn't have enough money to buy a sunlamp (they're 2000 simoleons) and I wanted to see if he could survive the whole night without one. Well around 5 am he was almost dead, so I had to sell all of his orchard trees so he could buy one. So they definitely need someplace to hang a sunlamp, though I think greenhouse would be great. And they also need either a shower, tub, or pool for their water need. Beyond that they don't need anything as long as they have garden plants to talk to, though a cell phone is nice to keep in touch with human friends.

Yeah I wonder about keeping mine in a regular house. Everything except for the bathtub and sunlamp goes to waste. They don't use any of it. Of course I suppose it would be polite to have a toliet and a way to prepare food for when normal sims visit.

Dream

I had several plantsims and I didn't even know about the sunlamps until tonight, but I also had to keep my sims outside most of the day. but if there sunlight is full they do make it to morning fine.
also if you have a tolet your plant babys go a play in it to fill there water lol. kinda sick but its a option if you don't fill like feeding them.
Advertisement
#77 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 5:05 AM
Default Disappearing plantsims?
Sence this thread is about plantsims, I was wondering if anyone else had disappearing plantsims?
I made a sim, had him spray until he changed to a plant sim. (No Cheats)
I had him spawn two baby's when they grow up I had each of them spawn a baby. when I later entered my game everthing was the same as I had lefted it, adcept all the plantsims that was spawned had disappeared.
The only sim there was the first one, and his memorys of his off springs was gone, he still had all other memorys.
I tryed moving the family into the family bin, it showed all the sims as being there in the pic. I moved them to a new lot and there was only one sim.
I started over and this time I played to the third generation and the same thing happened.
I tryed it a third time, trying to save game as I played and it didn't help, they still disappeared.
I have already reported this as a bug to the sims 2 site.
but I don't understand how I can be the only one that has had this happen to them.
anyways if anyone else comes across this problem please report it so it can be addressed in the next patch.
Thanks.
Field Researcher
#78 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 8:43 AM
Can they become PlantSims while at UNI?

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
#79 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 3:32 PM
Yep, you can. You can use Insimenator or Wintermuteai's potion.
Instructor
#80 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 4:18 PM
is it extremely difficult to get a plantsim? i've seen some folks who get them every time they spray and some folks who spray for days and never get one naturally....is it a random thing then?

My policy is: If you have any complaints about anything at all...I hate you.
Field Researcher
#81 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 8:12 PM
No, I believe I read somewhere that they have to spray aroiund 100 times, before it happens. With boolProp you can Shift+click and infect the plants, so your sim can spray all the time.

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
Lab Assistant
#82 Old 5th Apr 2007 at 8:32 PM
Has someone tried to have a zombie-vampire-werewolf-plant-sim? Any pictures? I don't have the EP yet, that is one of the first thing I'm going to do as soon as I get it, but I want to see pictures.
#83 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 3:02 PM
A few things I tested.

I posted before that it only took about 18 sprays to change to a plantsim, well this time it took 30.

I used the boolProp/sim modder/cheat to change my plant sim into a vamp, it was daylight out, and my sim was outside, the water meter started droping very fast, so fast that I had to fly my sim to the shower, I almost killed my sim, after the shower the water meter slowed down a bit because the sim was inside now.
I think that if I had but my sim to bed in a vampbed that the water would have stop droping, but then the sunlight meter would drop.
It was all very interesting, but not much fun lol.
I then tryed the cheat several times to cure my sim, and it didn't work.
Good thing I didn't save my game.

I spawned a baby and the skills for the baby was the same as my sim, so I then use the eggplant juice to max my skills, I then spawned two more babys with max skills.
Theorist
#84 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 3:20 PM
^that happens to me too, about the cure thing I mean... I used boolprop testingcheats to cure them but when I click on "cure vampirism" (or something like that) nothing happens..... I'm not sure which EP broke it though
#85 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 3:53 PM
No, no. You just have to call the (oops how do I say that in English...?) gardening club people and buy the cure potion from them.
#86 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 7:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by SheElf
No, no. You just have to call the (oops how do I say that in English...?) gardening club people and buy the cure potion from them.

Didn't bother trying that because I hadn't saved my game, I just exit and reintered.
I wouldn't be surprize if you use a vamp to try and bite a plantsim, it wont change them. don't think plantsims are ment to be vamps.
Scholar
#87 Old 6th Apr 2007 at 10:18 PM
i thought they were supposed to be since i know the chat just before the ep came out mentions plansim vamp didnt it?
but anywho we can hoep that the second season patch will fix more things and not break anythign lol

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#88 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 3:53 PM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
i thought they were supposed to be since i know the chat just before the ep came out mentions plansim vamp didnt it?
but anywho we can hoep that the second season patch will fix more things and not break anythign lol

I didn't see the transcript of the chat, so Ill take your word for it.
How would it work? when would you be able to charge your sun meter, the light makes your water meter drop very fast.
you will have a plant sim that needs the light and a vamp that cant live in the light.
Guess you could have a plantvampsim that lives in the swimimng pool lol.
Forum Resident
#89 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 5:03 PM
they are pretty cool, but i'll be glad when they come out with hacks or defaults to get rid of the plant hair and clothes! i like the nature look, just not the maxis nature look

I'm an old simmer who just can't seem to quit...
Scholar
#90 Old 7th Apr 2007 at 9:28 PM
Quote: Originally posted by simsuncensored
I didn't see the transcript of the chat, so Ill take your word for it.
How would it work? when would you be able to charge your sun meter, the light makes your water meter drop very fast.
you will have a plant sim that needs the light and a vamp that cant live in the light.
Guess you could have a plantvampsim that lives in the swimimng pool lol.

what they said was that the sunlight ceiling lamps would have no bad affect to the vampire..but i could be all mixed up lol

check out my uploads here updated May 15, 2008
#91 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 6:34 AM
Quote: Originally posted by dragon_tfm
what they said was that the sunlight ceiling lamps would have no bad affect to the vampire..but i could be all mixed up lol

Kool so they sleep in the day and charge by sun lamp at night, that would be good if it means that because they are vamps there love/sun/water will not drop at night.
I love the plant sim but it is kinda strange having a sim that is up 24 hours a day.
Now that it seems I don't have the plantsims disappearing on me, I have made a family got there skills max and almost all the badges so when they have babys all there skills/badges will be maxed, I will have a NH full of supersims lol.
Theorist
#92 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 1:02 PM
I made an alien-zombie-vampire-werewolf-plantsim, some pics of him at night when he transforms to werewolf:

Field Researcher
#93 Old 8th Apr 2007 at 1:20 PM
If you've had a plantSim and 'cured' that plantSim with the potion. Will the sim then be able to become a plantSim again later?

~*Sofie-Amalie*~
LJ
#94 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 12:03 AM
Quote: Originally posted by SofieAmalieN
If you've had a plantSim and 'cured' that plantSim with the potion. Will the sim then be able to become a plantSim again later?

Yes, they will. It took 7 tries ("Try for Baby") before I heard the baby melody. The mother is a plant sim and the father is normal so I don't know if it's a result of the plant or just my luck. Anyone get the same?
One other thing. Is the only non-cheat way to become a plant sim to spray plants with pecticide?
Test Subject
#95 Old 26th Dec 2007 at 12:10 AM
i made my simhave as many plant babies as possible because its so easy to do it. its so funny because theres a baby in every corner!
Page 4 of 4