Replies: 359 (Who?), Viewed: 181995 times.
Page 15 of 15
Space Pony
#351 Old 20th Jun 2021 at 7:04 AM Last edited by Sonshine : 28th Jun 2021 at 10:16 PM.
I had to take a little bit of a break from this. Suddenly after the win 7 "update," (only to give Edge) this game just would not load regardless of what I did! I transferred them over to my older comp and worked on them a little bit here and there, but it was a hassle and would require me to transfer all pics from there to here to share. About a week or so ago, I decided to try one more time to load this game on this comp and to my surprise it loaded! I made a few changes though. Evienne Fiontraí will not be the heir, but probably the youngest boy will be. This b/c the youngest boys are just barely teens and there would be no room for Evienne to marry and have children. Evienne will be opening up a restaurant business so I can put one of the younger siblings into the culinary career. She will also pay taxes to her dad and eventually her brother. Right now, I have the rate set at 10%, but we'll see how that works out. I have the younger boys working on different skills right now. I put my custom careers in and I'll see what I can come up with. I moved Evienne out and into her own place. So far, she's earning money w/restoring the junk car. It has a VERY nice appreciated value when it's restored! Pretty soon, she'll have enough money to buy t he restaurant. I placed the Cafe Petite in the hood and redesigned the interior to make it an actual restaurant instead of a coffee shop. Using Monique's comp, she already has quite a bit in savings. I'll probably have her buy it and then play that restaurant on my next round playing her.
Space Pony
#352 Old 28th Jun 2021 at 10:15 PM Last edited by Sonshine : 4th Jul 2021 at 11:00 PM.
Evienne didn't quite have enough money to buy the restaurant which costs a bit more than $34k, but they (she and her husband) are working on it. I don't remember what his original name was, but his first name is Jason. They have a little boy now named Jeremy.

Back to the Fiontraí's, two of the oldest boys (Nicholas and Nolan) are only a couple days from becoming adult. Nolan will go into Architecture and will become a City Planner and Nicholas will open a dance studio and go into dancing. By the time they get to just a few days into adult, I'll have the 10 lots required for Architecture. After them, Bertram who wants to be a Hall of Famer will open a sports shop and will open the athletics career. Next is Herschel who just wants to earn $100k. Rowland, who is the youngest will go into the Entertainment career and wants to become a Prestidigitator. Evienne and Jason and their restaurant and Jeremy and other kids that follow are next.
When I play the Nevilles next, Jamie is 2 days away from becoming adult and will open a musical instrument shop. I chose that b/c I didn't decide on how to open the music career until just a couple days ago. It was either an instrument shop or a venue. Since the Music career isn't mentioned in the rules I decided on this.
Top Secret Researcher
#353 Old 29th Jun 2021 at 3:38 AM
I'll be playing Dodge though the coming winter when I finally get back into my game and my BACC as they need to make it into the spring of 1842 before another couple arrives.
Space Pony
#354 Old 4th Jul 2021 at 10:09 PM
I finally made a little bit of progress. Evienne married a Jason. I don't remember his original name, but as he appears as a townie, he has black hair and a red shirt w/a deep v neck and a necklace. I found out that he really has red hair, but I kind of like the black hair on him better. I think it kind of goes better w/the darker skintone and the red shirt. They have a son, Jeremy who just became a toddler. They also have a little girl named Gina now. Here are the pics of Evienne and Jason and Jeremy. Michael has passed on now leaving a nice golden tombstone. The family's "grocery store" (I have other things for sale there besides groceries) now belongs to the youngest son Rowland. The 2 older sons Nicholas and Nolan are adults now and will be played in my next go around. At the time, they're waiting in the bin to be placed into houses which will happen when their turn comes. I will start w/Nicholas after Evienne's round is done. I started having Evienne and Jason dig for treasure and they found some pretty nice things. They got 2 treasure chests worth $5k each and some other valuable things in addition to the normal rocks and bones and maps. Also, for some reason, the gypsy came by w/the golden lamp! I really don't know what spawns her, but it was nice. I had Evienne wish for money so she could get enough to buy the restaurant.
Screenshots
Space Pony
#355 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 1:16 AM
One more note. This is kind of funny, but anybody here who is older can relate to it. Poor Michael was really feeling his age towards the end. The second pic was Remington worrying over Jamie when he was a child. He had "fallen" off of the chair at the table and had his legs stuck thru the floor and continued to eat, lol. I think I would worry too if that happened IRL!
Screenshots
Space Pony
#356 Old 5th Jul 2021 at 9:33 PM
Another note, since the Nevilles and Evienne and Jason are pretty much swimming in cash, I upped the rent to 15% of their worth. I may make it higher for them yet though. For the newbie families though, they still start out at 10%. When Michael passed on, all of his property went to La Shawn. She is just about to the end of her lifespan, so I had her transfer the property ownership to Rowland. Otherwise, they would have gone to the next oldest in the house hold if he was still there. I have a couple of townie ladies in mind for Rowland. Also for the other two although, I might just wait until they move into their respective houses and I'll choose one of the visitors. I'm not sure yet.
Top Secret Researcher
#357 Old 11th Jul 2021 at 8:51 PM
There's been a construction crew building an expansion on the community service center in Dodge for most of the fall and they've been getting some work done on the new room upstairs.The town is wanting to expand for when new arrivals come in the spring.
Screenshots
Space Pony
#358 Old 18th Jul 2021 at 6:10 PM Last edited by Sonshine : 19th Jul 2021 at 3:44 AM.
For anybody who might see this, I'm wondering how do we get CAS pts for creating sims? ICad mentions CAS pts, but never really says how to get them or how many households or owned businesses are required. I found an older BACC and it is up to I think 38 pop now. I have 4 households and 5 or 6 player owned businesses. Thanks!
Top Secret Researcher
#359 Old 22nd Jul 2021 at 6:53 PM
I just require building a new homestead lot before another couple is created in mine and sometimes have to add to a community lot or start building another one though new families can only arrive in the spring so far until my boarding house is built and they would also have the option to rent rooms there for the rest of the year if they arrived later than spring.I've only got two couples in Dodge so far and have to get another one created in CAS for next spring's new arrivals to claim their new homestead.
#360 Old 23rd Aug 2021 at 5:42 PM
Hello. Nice topic
Page 15 of 15