Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED: The Kingdom of Niua Simoa for World Adventures

by kiwi_tea Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 3:28 PM - Updated 7th Aug 2011 at 1:27 PM by kiwi_tea

376 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 343 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 3 of 16
Wiki Wizard
#51 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:01 PM
Yay you got it all finished and uploaded, looks equally as brilliant as your first one did, thank you very much for this! :D

It's ok, we all laugh-snort occasionally!
Check out some of my other stuff here.
Test Subject
#52 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:01 PM
beautiful ^_^ <3
Mad Poster
#53 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:43 PM
Great, really enjoyed the first one, am looking forward to trying out the new version! Nice work!
Test Subject
#54 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 5:57 PM
I love love love love this! It is awesome!
Banned
#55 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:13 PM
YESSSSSSSS

Im a little scared by how the download numbers for different parts are totally uneven, though :p

*downloads*

MTS has been stupid for me with files over 1 meg, so I'm on my 5th try of even getting the first file to download. ;__;
Test Subject
#56 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:33 PM
wow wow wow
cannot wait to download
just wondering, if i don't have the store items, will it affect it in any way? or will they be replaced with something else?
xx
Lab Assistant
#57 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:41 PM
They'll be replaced with something else. You might have to scramble a bit with Create-a-Style to make the replacement objects blend.
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#58 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 6:55 PM
Also, the store items aren't common in the world. There are some tiki, and the dress is only on Claudine Palefau's formal attire.

However, the new patch possibly breaks the save game. I'm away for a short while. If that's the case, I'll have an updated on in a week or two.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#59 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 7:04 PM
Wow, you have done a really fantastic job. A beautiful world and a very nice story. How many hours do you have spend with it? It is a must to explore. Love Niua Simoa and I am happy that you share it with us. Thank you very much once again.
Lab Assistant
#60 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 7:58 PM
Anyone else having downloading issues? I've tried two different browsers now and a download client and still can't seem to get the files to fully download. They seem to freeze up a 3MB despite counters saying they are still downloading. Love the World but so far I've been unable to download any of them.
Forum Resident
#61 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 8:25 PM
I'm just having trouble downloading part 5. It downloads maybe half-way, then stops. I've tried again several times, too. But since it's smaller than the first four parts, it's not so bad. I'm sure I'll get it eventually.

It's a really nice neighborhood. I used to always play an island hood in TS2, so I've kind of missed having a nice on to play in TS3.
Field Researcher
#62 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:13 PM
Ever since I saw the base game version of this I've been very excited to play the WA version. Thank you for this awesome nieghborhood!

I once thought i was sad because I had no shoes, then I saw a man with no feet.
Animals are such agreeable friends – they ask no questions, they pass no criticisms.
Lab Assistant
#63 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:33 PM
Yay success! LOL After the long 'stuck' first file downloaded ( I went out and chopped some firewood) , the other files downloaded nice and quick. Can't wait to play
Forum Resident
#64 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 9:36 PM
The final part finally downloaded for me and I was able to unrar the files. I was able to install the world and I'm getting ready to play it now.
Scholar
#65 Old 2nd Feb 2010 at 10:23 PM
You've put a lot of work into making this and it's beautiful...can't wait to try it out You've also added residents as well...so it will be nice to see some unfamiliar faces for a change....thank you so much for sharing..
Lab Assistant
#66 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 1:09 AM
I am so looking forward to playing this world, thank you for all your hard work.
Instructor
#67 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 1:09 AM
Great Work Kiwi! If/When I get WA, this will definitely be downloaded!!

(())Pass the ribbon around if you know someone that has
//\\survived, died, or is living with cancer.
Test Subject
#68 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 1:18 AM
Love it. I just finished installing it and can't wait to see how it plays. Thanks so much!
Test Subject
#69 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 2:44 AM
I have been playing the old version, and I'm excited to see the new! It's like playing the game for the first time all over again!
Test Subject
#70 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 3:20 AM
Okay, the weirdest thing happened. My sim came back from a trip to China and was stuck on the new emerging volcano. There were a few fire traps, an easel and stairs to underground where there were a couple secret doors leading to a dive well that led to nowhere. They seem to be completely trapped here with no means to get back home. Is this supposed to happen?
Scholar
#71 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 3:34 AM
I saw the download info says the Awesomemod Sliders are included for the saved game. If you don't have Awesomemod installed, what exactly happend with the sliders--do they still work in your game anyway? Sorry I'm a bit confused.

Oh wait--I think I see. It means they were made with the sliders, not that it installs with it. Okay. Well if I don't edit these guys then their faces should stay Awesome, right?
Field Researcher
#72 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 3:54 AM
Ah, finally I can start playing again. After I saw the WA version would soon be uploaded, I decided to wait. It looks simply amazing, from general layout to the smallest details like the Flavour Lots. Great job!

The launcher here wouldn't install the .sim3pack, no surprise there as I've been having issues since the 1.8/2.3 patch. The launcher manages to extract and put the .world file under /My Documents/Electronic Arts/The Sims 3/InstalledWorlds. However it doesn't show up in game. I simply moved the .world file to The Sims 3/GameData/Shared/NonPackaged/Worlds, in case anyone else is having the same issue. It works perfectly.

Now to download, explore and mess with the population, destroying the lives you so carefully orchestrated.

You want to know the Secret... so did I. Low in the dust I sought it, and on high. No agony of any mortal brain shall wrest the secret of the life of man. The Search has taught me that the Search is vain.
Test Subject
#73 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 5:47 AM
Is there a large, single-file download? I can't seem to find a program for apple to extract multi-part downloads that works with these files. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. PS- This looks like fantastic work. Thanks for your contributions, and I was also very happy to see there was an entire group dedicated to gay fans of The Sims. Keep up the good work!
Banned
#74 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 8:28 AM
Quote: Originally posted by summersong86
I saw the download info says the Awesomemod Sliders are included for the saved game. If you don't have Awesomemod installed, what exactly happend with the sliders--do they still work in your game anyway? Sorry I'm a bit confused.

Oh wait--I think I see. It means they were made with the sliders, not that it installs with it. Okay. Well if I don't edit these guys then their faces should stay Awesome, right?

That's what happens, yes. When you try to edit htem their face will snap back, but that's absolutely the only thing ever that would cause issue.
Lab Assistant
#75 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 12:51 PM Last edited by jeepjeepcat : 3rd Feb 2010 at 1:38 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by butternugsquash
Okay, the weirdest thing happened. My sim came back from a trip to China and was stuck on the new emerging volcano. There were a few fire traps, an easel and stairs to underground where there were a couple secret doors leading to a dive well that led to nowhere. They seem to be completely trapped here with no means to get back home. Is this supposed to happen?

Same here, my sims returned from Egypt and are trapped on the volcano. I can't move them via teleport or edit neighbourhood (can't get the camera to pan back to the neighbourhood proper). Am I missing something obvious (I'm fairly sleep deprived today so it's possible) or are they trapped there forever? Other than that Niua Simoa is beautiful, I hope I can rescue my sims and continue playing it

Small Edit - I went back to an earlier save and sent one of my sims home early. When the remaining sim returned home he was still marooned on the volcano, but the sim I sent home early was safe and well at home. I managed to teleport my stranded sim back to Niua Simoa proper(since the sim at home was allowing me to yank the camera back from the volcano). I still think I may be missing something obvious though

Last Edit (promise) - I marooned a single sim and managed to get him back to Nuia Simoa by mucking about with the camera angle and teleporting him on to the beach. Just swing the camera toward the main island and angle it at 'eye height' so Niua Simoa is visible straight ahead. Then zenoport (teleport) on to the beach. As I thought, it was just me being dim
Page 3 of 16