Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

UPDATED: The Kingdom of Niua Simoa for World Adventures

by kiwi_tea Posted 2nd Feb 2010 at 3:28 PM - Updated 7th Aug 2011 at 1:27 PM by kiwi_tea

376 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 343 Feedback Posts, 32 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 16
Test Subject
#76 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 5:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by j2f300
Is there a large, single-file download? I can't seem to find a program for apple to extract multi-part downloads that works with these files. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. PS- This looks like fantastic work. Thanks for your contributions, and I was also very happy to see there was an entire group dedicated to gay fans of The Sims. Keep up the good work!

'RAR Expander' will work, although it wont do it automatically. As in, after double clicking the first file it will then ask you to tell it where the next part is and so on until the 5th one. Thats how i got it to unpack.

This is a fantastic world Kiwi, i've been hoping for a world that could feel more like home in some way and this will definately work. Thanks alot!
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 7:31 PM
Hi guys. I'll investigate the travel woes when I get home next week. I didn't realise it was depositing people on the volcano. What I recommend people do in the meantime is type in enablelotlocking true during Edit Town, and navigate your camera carefully until you see a lot tag on the oceanic volcano. Click the tag, unlock the lot and edit it. You should find a tomb with a warp well. Make the dive well an uber dive well, and type in the word Kowhai. It points to the top of Mt Totara. Apologies for this!

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Test Subject
#78 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 7:31 PM
I'm wondering if there's any other way to get them home. Neither of my sims can teleport, I don't think. Don't you have to have a certain meditation level before you can do that?
It seems, the way it's designed, that there should be a way to get back from underground, since there's tomb-like stuff, secret doors and a dive well. I'm so confused!! I love this world and I don't want to abandon it, but if everybody dies after vacation, I can't play it!

Quote: Originally posted by jeepjeepcat
Same here, my sims returned from Egypt and are trapped on the volcano. I can't move them via teleport or edit neighbourhood (can't get the camera to pan back to the neighbourhood proper). Am I missing something obvious (I'm fairly sleep deprived today so it's possible) or are they trapped there forever? Other than that Niua Simoa is beautiful, I hope I can rescue my sims and continue playing it

Small Edit - I went back to an earlier save and sent one of my sims home early. When the remaining sim returned home he was still marooned on the volcano, but the sim I sent home early was safe and well at home. I managed to teleport my stranded sim back to Niua Simoa proper(since the sim at home was allowing me to yank the camera back from the volcano). I still think I may be missing something obvious though

Last Edit (promise) - I marooned a single sim and managed to get him back to Nuia Simoa by mucking about with the camera angle and teleporting him on to the beach. Just swing the camera toward the main island and angle it at 'eye height' so Niua Simoa is visible straight ahead. Then zenoport (teleport) on to the beach. As I thought, it was just me being dim
Retired
retired moderator
Original Poster
#79 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 7:33 PM
You can also send a sim through the dive well on the top of Mt Totara. That leads into the marine volcano tomb. You can open it up that way, using a sim coming from the other side. Again, I'm very sorry about this. I clearly didn't test the travel mechanics thoroughly enough.

CAW Wiki - A wiki for CAW users. Feel free to edit.

GON OUT, BACKSON, BISY BACKSON
Lab Assistant
#80 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 7:36 PM
Default Did you try the "resetsim" console cheat code window to unstuck Sims on the Volcano?
Quote: Originally posted by butternugsquash
Okay, the weirdest thing happened. My sim came back from a trip to China and was stuck on the new emerging volcano. There were a few fire traps, an easel and stairs to underground where there were a couple secret doors leading to a dive well that led to nowhere. They seem to be completely trapped here with no means to get back home. Is this supposed to happen?

Did you try to use the resetsim code to get you stucked pixels guys back home? You should try the ctrl+shift+C then type "resetsim <first name> <name>". This code is supposed to reset stucked Sims by sending them back to their house.

Nice job on the WA version of your world Kiwi, I'm so going to give it a try as soon as I'll have time to play my game. ^^ I didn't even know that there were hidden traits coming with WA, your "spoilers" have been very useful!
Test Subject
#81 Old 3rd Feb 2010 at 11:34 PM
Looks much better than the EA failworlds. Guess i'll give it a try as soon as i'll get WA.
Field Researcher
#82 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 2:10 AM
... The basegame and WA versions are compatible, I assume? I ask because I like the idea of a save, and both versions of the town look fantastic, but I absolutely refuse to buy the Colonial dress so that I can use this version's save.

(My favorite part of history - my specialization, if you will - is colonial fashion. That dress is, quite literally, a prostitute's dress from the 1860s. It is exactly what a hooker would have worn. It's /underwear/, all of it, and it's being passed off as proper Victorian garb, which grosses me out. Wearing a corset outside of your clothes back then was more or less exactly like wearing no pants would be today, only worse, because they were ridiculous about this sort of thing back then. Let alone the whole having to /buy/ it thing...)

Aaanyways. Um. Yeah. Assuming the two versions of the town are compatible, I'm happy anyways. This stuff is fantastical-looking, so. The only reason I'm not already in-game messing with it is that apparently Maxis chose /today/ to update the patches... I'm all impatiently gleeful. So thanks for these. Again. And do feel free to ignore my whiny little rant.
The other one
#83 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 1:21 PM
thiafy, I love your rant, it's hilarious (no offence). I thought you were gonna say something about the price of stuff in the store but what you said is much better Anyway, I could be wrong but I don't think you need to download the dress to play that world...I thought if you didn't have the extras it would just be replaced by something you do have. That's what I'm hoping anyway 'cause I'm just about to try to install without the dress, tiki set or awesommod (I seem to remember Kiwi saying the dress is only used once and the tiki set just occassionally so I can't imagine it would make a big difference. *crosses fingers*

KiwiTea this world is absolutely beautiful, so much attention to detail. Must've taken forever!

Guys, rules are good! Rules help control the fun. ~ Monica E. Geller
Instructor
#84 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 2:15 PM
Quote: Originally posted by missroxor
Anyway, I could be wrong but I don't think you need to download the dress to play that world...I thought if you didn't have the extras it would just be replaced by something you do have. That's what I'm hoping anyway

The game will replace any CC items you don't have with default items.
Test Subject
#85 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 3:29 PM
Thank you!
Test Subject
#86 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 6:58 PM
I can't make it work! When i try to extract the rar-files it says that the files are damaged
Test Subject
#87 Old 4th Feb 2010 at 9:28 PM
Looks really nice! Got bored with only Riverview and Sunset Valley, and now I can play a new world. Thats some awesome work you've done!
Thanks for sharing!
Lab Assistant
#88 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 3:14 AM
thank you SO much!! i just installed this and hopefully all is well. great job!
Test Subject
#89 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:07 AM
Have tried for three days to download this very interesting world. My files are corrupted according to the message generated by WinRar. Can't see how to remove the bit generated by MTS at the beginning, if that is the problem. Have been downloading since the very first Sims game. I have tried all of kiwi tea's instructions and am at a dead end it seems. Thank you very much.
Test Subject
#90 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 4:22 AM
Quote: Originally posted by kiwi_tea
You can also send a sim through the dive well on the top of Mt Totara. That leads into the marine volcano tomb. You can open it up that way, using a sim coming from the other side.

Hi, I love this world, thanks for the wonderfull job, but I have a problem, I found 4 wells on Mt Totara, they go nowhere.... please, help !
Lab Assistant
#91 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 5:21 PM
Looks great, BUT it won't work for me. Your base game version installed and worked just fine, but the WA version (of course I HAVE WA) won't work. The launcher says, it's installed, but it doesn't show up under "installed items" or in the game - any idea how to fix this?
Test Subject
#92 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 9:54 PM
Hi i have a problem i have downloaded all the files end when i click to open them with WinZIP a pop up opens and it says: please insert disk containing and it shows the name of the next rar file your supose to install. And it says to insert in into drive C. What can i do?
Test Subject
#93 Old 5th Feb 2010 at 10:50 PM
The same here. Help.
Test Subject
#94 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 1:30 AM
The former base game version needs to be uninstalled before you can install this version -that solved my problem.

To remove the MTS random-generated numbers, right-click on the file in Explorer. They should all then read NiuaSimoan(WA).partX.
Test Subject
#95 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 1:42 AM
I don't really understand how to get this to work... I've downloaded every single file and put them in a folder... Now what? I activated them, but they don't even show up in the launcher. Any ideas as to what I should do?

I have a Mac, so that might be the problem...
Test Subject
#96 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 2:41 AM
I've downloaded the files, but when I try to extract them, I get this error message:

"You need to have the following volume to continue extraction:

C:\Documents and Settings\Juliadactyl\My Documents\Sims 3 zipfiles\Niua Simoa\MTS_kiwi_tea_1055214_NiuaSimoa_SaveGame.sims3.part2.rar

Insert a disk with this volume and press "OK" to try again or press "Cancel" to break extraction."

I'm not really sure what this means - my WA disk is in the drive, and so I really have no clue as to what's going on.
Test Subject
#97 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 3:23 AM
I am getting the same. Thanks for this reply akisawana.

To remove the MTS random-generated numbers, right-click on the file in Explorer. They should all then read NiuaSimoan(WA).partX.

I only get to see the file when I download it and try to unzip with WinRar. How do you get it in Explorer? And, do you mean IE?
Thanks
The other one
#98 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 9:26 AM
Quote: Originally posted by butternugsquash
I'm wondering if there's any other way to get them home. Neither of my sims can teleport, I don't think. Don't you have to have a certain meditation level before you can do that?

If you use the cheat testingcheatsenabled true you will be able to teleport by ctrl or shift (can't remember which off the top of my head) clicking where you want to teleport to. I find this the easiest way to get off the volcano.

Lab Assistant
#99 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 10:50 PM
I can't load the savegame because the game says it doesn't correspondents with my game version and that I probably don't have an expansion pack installed, but I've World Adventures. Do you know by any chance what I have to do? Sorry if this question is already asked before, but I didn't find a solution on this page.
The other one
#100 Old 6th Feb 2010 at 11:14 PM
Alek, perhaps a dumb question but have you checked you have the correct patch?

I've only had the chance to play this world a couple of times but I've tried and failed to populate Waka Island. I can build there but whenever I go to the move household in option none of the lots there are available, even the tiny empty ones. Is anybody else having this or is it just me? Other than that, having no problems and absolutely love this world :D

Page 4 of 16