Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Finnington - an empty world for your simmies

by armiel Posted 12th May 2011 at 7:34 AM - Updated 1st Aug 2012 at 6:00 AM by armiel : Deleted save-file

253 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 134 Feedback Posts, 118 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 2 of 11
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#26 Old 12th May 2011 at 3:27 PM
Oh this is such a breathtaking world armi!
Test Subject
#27 Old 12th May 2011 at 3:57 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
After a long fight.....

[SIZE=4][COLOR=DarkRed]I managed to reupload the files![/COLOR][/SIZE]

I also tested right away, and for me, downloading them and extracting worked, even without renaming them.

So go on and try again, sorry for the trouble.

I was the scout in this fight thank you very much! now it works!!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#28 Old 12th May 2011 at 3:57 PM
This is beautiful Armi! Congrats on finishing it. Because I'm almost where you were on my new set, :p
Inventor
THANKS POST
#29 Old 12th May 2011 at 4:02 PM
Actually I like the idea of it just being empty lots, I like downloading houses as well as building and often times in whatever world I'm playing I can't find extra space for downloaded ones. This way I can fill it however I want.
Field Researcher
#30 Old 12th May 2011 at 4:12 PM
I am so glad you didn't give it up! It's beautiful! And I like nearly-empty worlds, too. Keep up the great work (I think I've downloaded everything you've uploaded at MTS LOL).

You can never have too much yarn, fabric, or books.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#31 Old 12th May 2011 at 4:16 PM
Looks great ;D
Veteran Finn
retired moderator THANKS POST
Original Poster
#32 Old 12th May 2011 at 4:28 PM
thanks you all for your kind words and comments! You're really boosting my will to create more
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#33 Old 12th May 2011 at 4:47 PM
I'm not using this as a city but a picturesque small town. Thank you!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#34 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:16 PM
Beautiful beautiful and beautiful. Thanks so much Armiel, perfect for what I wanted.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#35 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:24 PM
BEAUTIFUL!!!

But I would love a version with buildings and all cause I'm a little... err... LAZY! I love to just play.. It's gonna take days to fill this beautiful empty map up!
Test Subject
#36 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:25 PM
thanks you all for your kind words and comments! You're really boosting my will to create more

You simply deserve it! I mean.. I created a world too.. better say an island but should I upload it? it doesn`t compare to your work!
Test Subject
#37 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:30 PM
This world looks great but for some reason it still won't work. I've tried downloading the files twice, I've followed your instructions word-for-word. I manage to get into the game, select the world and click play, but then after a short time of loading the world, the game just crashes . My game hasn't got ALL the EPs, but its got the latest patches. Please help!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#38 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:32 PM
Quote: Originally posted by ev0skyline
This world looks great but for some reason it still won't work. I've tried downloading the files twice, I've followed your instructions word-for-word. I manage to get into the game, select the world and click play, but then after a short time of loading the world, the game just crashes . My game hasn't got ALL the EPs, but its got the latest patches. Please help!

Can you normally play sims 3? Sounds more like a PC problem than a problem with my world.
Test Subject
#39 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:33 PM
Can you normally play sims 3? Sounds more like a PC problem than a problem with my world.

My game has worked fine since the day I bought it. :/
I'll uninstall the world again and double check...
Scholar
#40 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:38 PM
The screen shots of Finnington look fabulous. Your lot uploads have never disappointed me and I am certain this will be no exception. The beach scenes were quite idyllic and I really like the layout as well. Thank you so much for sharing the fruit of your hard labor..
Theorist
THANKS POST
#41 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:39 PM
armiel, that was a fantastic compromise to take away the houses and share your world with everyone instead of abandoning your hard work all together. It's absolutely beautiful. Well done!
Test Subject
#42 Old 12th May 2011 at 5:40 PM Last edited by ev0skyline : 12th May 2011 at 6:00 PM.
Quote: Originally posted by ev0skyline
My game has worked fine since the day I bought it. :/
I'll uninstall the world again and double check...

Yep, uninstalled the world and loaded up Bridgeport fine, so I don't know where the problem lies...
Mad Poster
THANKS POST
#43 Old 12th May 2011 at 7:58 PM
If you don't have all the EPs, the game will crash.

I love this world. Really love setting up my world I have lots of empty community lots and homes to fill this up. Great job, hope to see more. Thank you.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#44 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:07 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lewisb40
If you don't have all the EPs, the game will crash.

This world has been tested before upload, with players that do not have all the EP's, they reported no crashing problems what so ever.

I wouldn't say in upload that you could use it without all required EP's, if it caused crashing.

Now, unless I get a load of crash reports from people that do not have all the EP's, I'm not gonna consider this a problem with the world.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#45 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:18 PM
all of the reading i have done....and i still dont know to install the world to my game???
Lab Assistant
#46 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:18 PM
It doesnt work for me either. I followed the instructions but when I put the 3 files together, remove the randomnumbers and extract them in the same folder, it says integrity fail and shuts off. No Simpack again when I extract them to another folder. (this goes for all the other ModTheSims custom worlds also!) I really don't know what I am doing wrong. I use Jzip by the way, not winrar. But that shouldn't matter, right?

PLEASE help me, I really love your world!
Test Subject
#47 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:26 PM
Awesome! Gorgeous world. I have been installing and testing worlds for a couple weeks now and have not been able find one that's just right for me. This world has saved me. I love that the ground work has been done for me and the layout is simply perfect. Thank you so much for your hard working and for sharing. I'm really excited about being able to make this my own. :-)
Lab Assistant
#48 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:32 PM
I followed your directions but everytime I try to extract the files I get an error from WinRAR telling me the file can't be extracted in its form. Sadness. I will have my husband try since he is better at this stuff than I am and it could be a user error. Thanks for the beautiful world! I love that I get to fix it up as I wish.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#49 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:33 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mansir
all of the reading i have done....and i still dont know to install the world to my game???

If you can't understand the directions in this thread, please see http://db.modthesims.info/wiki.php?...p:TS3_CC_Basics

Quote: Originally posted by Willowleaf
It doesnt work for me either. I followed the instructions but when I put the 3 files together, remove the randomnumbers and extract them in the same folder, it says integrity fail and shuts off. No Simpack again when I extract them to another folder. (this goes for all the other ModTheSims custom worlds also!) I really don't know what I am doing wrong. I use Jzip by the way, not winrar. But that shouldn't matter, right?

Did you try without renaming them? I have never used Jzip, so I can't really tell if it's the same or not.
Rogue Redeemer
retired moderator THANKS POST
#50 Old 12th May 2011 at 8:39 PM
I'm really happy to see the final product of your work, this looks amazing! I love that the colors go together really nicely, it's so pleasant to the eye unlike EA's mega-contrast colors... Simply Beautiful!
Page 2 of 11