Hi there! You are currently browsing as a guest. Why not create an account? Then you get less ads, can thank creators, post feedback, keep a list of your favourites, and more!
MTS has all free content, all the time. Find out how YOU can help to keep it running. Tell me how...

Finnington - an empty world for your simmies

by armiel Posted 12th May 2011 at 7:34 AM - Updated 1st Aug 2012 at 6:00 AM by armiel : Deleted save-file

253 Comments / Replies (Who?) - 134 Feedback Posts, 118 Thanks Posts
Hide Thanks Posts for this thread (Show only feedback)
Page 4 of 11
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#76 Old 13th May 2011 at 2:18 PM
A beautiful world, thank you. I love the colours and all those nice flat lots!

Ja kyllä meitä suomalaisia taitaa täällä olla yksi jos toinenkin.
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#77 Old 13th May 2011 at 2:26 PM
Quote: Originally posted by KirsiF
Ja kyllä meitä suomalaisia taitaa täällä olla yksi jos toinenkin.
Yep Yep
Test Subject
#78 Old 13th May 2011 at 3:32 PM
Can I just ask how you place rabbit holes like the school etc in this world? I can't seem to find them..
Test Subject
#79 Old 13th May 2011 at 3:55 PM
Quote: Originally posted by armiel
The world has all the base game spawners. And, If you look more closely to the lots picture inside the lot info button, you see small white dots on the map. Those are the spawners. Not telling you which one is which though

Ahaha, thank you I'm proud to be a Finn, hauskaa tavata toinen mokoma

No, all the lots in the world are empty. You have to either download rabbithole lots that are the size that fit my lots, or you can build your own.

Ok, this is second or third crash report... Can you tell me what games you have installed, are you fully patched, and do you normally have trouble with sims 3?

I only have basegame and high end loft stuff, I am fully patched, and no, I usually don't have problems with my game. =/
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#80 Old 13th May 2011 at 4:03 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Lys4nne
Can I just ask how you place rabbit holes like the school etc in this world? I can't seem to find them..

Please read the World description and earlier comments before asking questions

Quote: Originally posted by Le88
I only have basegame and high end loft stuff, I am fully patched, and no, I usually don't have problems with my game. =/

Still doing my research on this problem. I'll notify when I know more.
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#81 Old 13th May 2011 at 4:45 PM
It's beautiful! The empty lots are perfect cos I can put things exactly where I want them. Thank you!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#82 Old 13th May 2011 at 6:20 PM
Changed game requirement due the crashes people where having, that are caused by not having WA/Ambitions

I tested with AGS, and for my disappointment, the world does crash when loading if you don't have WA/Ambitions, clearing caches does not help. Makes me sad, but what can I do... So, bad news for people without those two games, problem solved.
Test Subject
#83 Old 13th May 2011 at 8:04 PM
Oh too bad, this world looks really amazing! :/
You couldn't... well you know, if you have some time left, make a "No-EP-Version" of the map? I don't know whether this is as easy as it sounds...
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#84 Old 13th May 2011 at 8:12 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Silberdistel
Oh too bad, this world looks really amazing! :/
You couldn't... well you know, if you have some time left, make a "No-EP-Version" of the map? I don't know whether this is as easy as it sounds...

That would mean replacing the bridges and half or more of the plants and deco (that make the world look like what it looks like), which is, a lot of work. So I don't really find that as an option :/
Have to live with the limitations of the game compatibilities.
Test Subject
#85 Old 13th May 2011 at 8:20 PM
I already suspected this... that's really a pity. Well, it seems like I'll have to look for some other good worlds that work on my computer.
Anyway, thanks for being so helpful with you answers.
Field Researcher
THANKS POST
#86 Old 13th May 2011 at 9:28 PM
Oh, Armiel! This is just beautiful! And thank you for yet another world I can build in! Amazing work - thank you for sharing!
Test Subject
#87 Old 13th May 2011 at 10:08 PM
Quote: Originally posted by mtglady

For those still having problems, I created a new folder on my desktop, then just clicked on each link and did a 'save as' to that folder. Then I went in and renamed the files to world.part 1, world.part 2 and world.part 3 (NOTE: each part was still a WinZIP file-see below).
:

ok but it my download says its a sims 3 pack?????? so what do i do. ps forgive me im am new to this?
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#88 Old 13th May 2011 at 10:24 PM
I love it, and I'm building for it now, I actually want it completed before generation comes out..... I plan on uninstalling late night once generations drop, so I'm wondering will the world I built be effected by that. I have all the other ep's that are required...but I'm really not getting any fun gameplay with LN, I mean yes clubs are fun, but none of the sims go to them. So I figure I can make this world with fewer community lots so they will stay occupied with more sims........
Field Researcher
#89 Old 14th May 2011 at 12:07 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Lys4nne

You can find the in-game rabbit holes, like the school, etc. when you open the world and enter edit town. There are four icons at the lower left, which include the world editor. Once in world editor, select the landmark/buildings tab and choose your rabbit holes. If you want to build your own rabbit holes, you will need the custom rabbit holes available on MTS to make them work the same way the game rabbit holes do. Hope this helps!
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#90 Old 14th May 2011 at 2:59 AM
this is exactly what i needed. i don't build world maps well at all, like they are truly awful, but i want to make my own world. thank you sooooo much for this!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#91 Old 14th May 2011 at 4:30 AM
Quote: Originally posted by mansir
ok but it my download says its a sims 3 pack?????? so what do i do. ps forgive me im am new to this?

The install directions ARE at the upload description.
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#92 Old 14th May 2011 at 5:49 PM
Here's some love for ya ♥♥♥
Test Subject
#93 Old 14th May 2011 at 10:46 PM
Quote: Originally posted by Gamineannie
You can find the in-game rabbit holes, like the school, etc. when you open the world and enter edit town. There are four icons at the lower left, which include the world editor. Once in world editor, select the landmark/buildings tab and choose your rabbit holes. If you want to build your own rabbit holes, you will need the custom rabbit holes available on MTS to make them work the same way the game rabbit holes do. Hope this helps!

I do not have any rabbit holes in this area, my tab only says landmarks. I have stonehenge, ruins, RR crossings, a wrecked car, etc. I cannot find the school, science building, etc. What am I missing?

I have every EP.

"Do you smell it? That smell. A kind of smelly smell. The smelly smell that smells... smelly. "
- Mr. Krabs
Test Subject
THANKS POST
#94 Old 14th May 2011 at 11:26 PM
worked fine for me.. thanks by the way!
Veteran Finn
retired moderator
Original Poster
#95 Old 14th May 2011 at 11:27 PM
Quote: Originally posted by sheriandmichael22
worked fine for me.. do i need to install all 3 simpacks or just the first one?

There IS only one sims3pack :P
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#96 Old 15th May 2011 at 2:07 AM
Thank you for your beautiful world. You are so very talented but I know how hard it can be when it what needs to still be done seems endless. I'm glad you decided to unveil your world!
Forum Resident
THANKS POST
#97 Old 15th May 2011 at 2:33 AM Last edited by jmtmom : 15th May 2011 at 7:39 PM.
I finally got it! After 10 tries and reading the instruction over at the Riverblossom Hills download I did it. Here's how:

Change all file names to part1, part2, part3
Using 7-zip, extract the first rar only
Install the resulting Sim3pack

It is wonderful. I think I'll turn it into a medieval/steampunk world. I removed all the cranes and I'm ready to build. You did a beautiful job on the sculpting, layout and roads. Thank you so much for sharing.
Field Researcher
#98 Old 15th May 2011 at 3:47 AM
Quote: Originally posted by Jenchipper
I do not have any rabbit holes in this area, my tab only says landmarks. I have stonehenge, ruins, RR crossings, a wrecked car, etc. I cannot find the school, science building, etc. What am I missing?

I have every EP.

To locate your rabbitholes, go to edit town, then find a community lot and enter buy/build mode. Rabbitholes are located in build mode, there is a little icon of a building and if you hover over it, it says "community objects". Rabbitholes are located there.
Lab Assistant
THANKS POST
#99 Old 15th May 2011 at 5:08 PM
Might make a good world for an a apocalypse theme. Going to try placing feldynn's "Aftermath Series" there.
Test Subject
#100 Old 15th May 2011 at 5:36 PM
Quote: Originally posted by lizbethbear
To locate your rabbitholes, go to edit town, then find a community lot and enter buy/build mode. Rabbitholes are located in build mode, there is a little icon of a building and if you hover over it, it says "community objects". Rabbitholes are located there.

That makes perfect sense. Thanks!!

"Do you smell it? That smell. A kind of smelly smell. The smelly smell that smells... smelly. "
- Mr. Krabs
Page 4 of 11